Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

shpesft

Reaction score
No need for Citibank. Just use SMS token is fine

My ibanking was setup during the opening of the maxigain acc at the branch.

Then came the smrt cc card a few days later via mail.

Then came the debit card later bia mail which I stored and keep it in my drawer since I wun be needing this whatsoever.

There is no token send to me, I am using the sms OTP instead. Can I check, do you need token to transfer amount out from citi bank? Cos my CIMB needs to.

luvalist

Reaction score
I plan to go within these few days with cheque. I do this during mid month if cheque takes some time to clear also no impact for the 0 month right?

If the money is not received on the same day of account opening, u lose one counter

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
If the money is not received on the same day of account opening, u lose one counter

Mine got a problem. Couldn't get an account number on the same day. It's due to probably same name with another customer issue they said. I need to wait for a few working days after CNY then only can deposit the cheque. Then maybe I'll just transfer to save the hassle. But they already issue me priority status base on the amount (of the cheque). So if I transfer in different amount don't know what happen.

spiral83

Reaction score
Mine got a problem. Couldn't get an account number on the same day. It's due to probably same name with another customer issue they said. I need to wait for a few working days after CNY then only can deposit the cheque. Then maybe I'll just transfer to save the hassle. But they already issue me priority status base on the amount (of the cheque). So if I transfer in different amount don't know what happen.

Mine got problem too. Half a month already still no news from them.

Donburi1

Reaction score

you dont lose 1 counter as the opening month does not have counter, the counter start at the next month.

you only lose the bonus int since the lowest amount of the opening month is 0

savinmax

Reaction score
Hahah I got this too. A 1 cent bonus interest.

If u get the interest, it probably means they already add the 3 counter and this is the extra interest it would have earned in Jan.

My RM verified it, that my counter increased by 3. It will be reflected in next statement

Last edited:

stellamara

Master Member
Reaction score
If u get the interest, it probably means they already add the 3 counter and this is the extra interest it would have earned in Jan.

My RM verified it, that my counter increased by 3. It will be reflected in next statement
is this really the best savings account in themarket after it hit 2% without any spend criteria?

kehyi4

Reaction score
Same. Not yet.

But strange, yesterday I got a "BONUS INTEREST EARNED" of $1c!

did you get same?
This "Bonus Interest" should be for last month - at least in my case, Citi underpaid the bonus interest in Jan, but they've made it up with this additional bonus interest payment

shpesft

Reaction score
I think you’re right. My bonus interest for Jan was short by 1 cent hahaha. Not sure if I qualified for the additional 3 counter promotion since I didn’t receive the email/sms about the promotion.

This "Bonus Interest" should be for last month - at least in my case, Citi underpaid the bonus interest in Jan, but they've made it up with this additional bonus interest payment

zumaba

Reaction score

Did your RM say when the missed the bonus interest (from additional 3 counters) will be credited?

I think you’re right. My bonus interest for Jan was short by 1 cent hahaha. Not sure if I qualified for the additional 3 counter promotion since I didn’t receive the email/sms about the promotion.

haha, My bonus interest for Jan was also short by 1 cent. So this shall be for the shortfall.

emo3lmo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lol i got extra 5 cents.. weird hahahahah

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
Citibank's OS really weird one. Before CNY holiday I opened an account. Due to don't know what issue their system couldn't generate an account number for me on the spot. So without depositing any sum I waited for 1 week+. Until Friday suddenly received one SMS saying 'my address has been updated in the bank record as requested...'. I was not sure did that mean the account was opened or what. So I text that bank person to ask. Bloody hell when opening the account he said if got any doubt any question can just text him. But not even one reply when I text him a few questions...

Then I tried through IB and could log in. After digging around then I found the e-advice stuff. Then I discovered there are separate 'advices' that states the activities of my account. One said my address has been updated, another said my name has been updated. Then only I saw there's another one in the 'Relationship Level Advice' section saying clearly that my new account is opened.

I FAST over a sum yesterday (24th) but how come it'll only be transferred on 26th? Lucky it's still within the month. I thought FAST is instant at anytime??

Also I saw both Maxigain and Maxisave appear here and there in the IB pages. Kinda of confusing their system is... :s11:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I got $0.42 and SO got $0.60+ credited on 20 feb 18.

We were not the chosen ones for the +3 counter promo ... probably just shortfall of interest from previous month ??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.