Post your food photo here (local) - Part 2

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@tomb

Hows the pumpkin lobster soup and the rack of lamb stuffed with fish?

pumpkin lobster soup was on the savoury side and contained a few chunks of lobster flesh. stayed piping hot in the stone pot. that's a deep fried spring roll on top. this wasn't in the menu, perhaps accidentally left out when they printed their cny menu.

the lamb was shared so i didn't get much of the stuffing.

LiquidShaDow

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
grilled chicken thigh with pepper from Suju

suju_torimomo%2Bshichimi%2Byaki.JPG

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last Saturday dinner was settled at NTUC Foodfare. Had the Teriyaki Chicken Omelette Rice from the stall selling Japanese and Korean dishes. Though the chicken was juicy, the batter was a little hard. As for the fried rice, it’s basically just rice and condiments with nothing in it.

tumblr_inline_p3oll9UIXl1vny3ht_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_p3oll9yi6A1vny3ht_1280.jpg

LiquidShaDow

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From your picture, I would have expected it to be chocolatey but no? Have you tried the Original Cake's (源味本鋪) version? How much is the piece you bought?

I can't say that it's not chocolatey. I was however expecting something more akin to brownie kind of chocolate....darker and richer. This was more milk chocolate. I think it was $12.90.

Haven't tried the Original choc version. So far only this, plain one from Original and Ah Mah's cheese flavoured one.

Last edited:

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Public Izakaya 2

Chilled Chicken Liver
N5YxcW4.jpg

Buta Kakuni
rhkkX7A.jpg

Tori Karaage (huge balls)
kFxba0o.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s the eve of Chinese New Year, all around the world the Chinese community are gathering around the table for their reunion dinner. After dinner, we had our very own Lo Hei or in English, Prosperity Toss. Yu Sheng as it’s known usually consists of strips of raw fish (can be salmon, abalone or other fish), mixed with various colours of shredded vegetables and a variety of sauces and condiments, among other ingredients. All diners at the table then stand up and proceed to toss the shredded ingredients into the air with chopsticks while saying various “auspicious wishes” out loud. It is believed that the height of the toss reflects the height of the diners’ growth in fortunes, thus diners are expected to toss enthusiastically.

tumblr_inline_p46zolP24A1vny3ht_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_p46zomjI7W1vny3ht_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_p46zooYzKt1vny3ht_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_p46zom0MXd1vny3ht_1280.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.