[Official] Monster Hunter World discussion thread

Greenworm

Reaction score
Go hunt a monster which you don’t need the material one, and do it solo so it dies faster.

After that sell everything including the reward to ensure you get some fast cash.

For even better results, unlock the quest from the armory girl inside the crafting workshop called “power couple”, a five star quest under the Optional quest. Complete it and go back to the armory girl and she rewards you with a Bandit Mantle.

Wear that during fight and monster often time drops shiny which can be looted and sell off for extra profit!

Do this few steps and you’ll never ever run into money issue.

Cheers!

where to hunt for much $?

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does doing investigations and optional quests level up your hunter rank or only main story quests?

konoha

Reaction score
Go hunt a monster which you don’t need the material one, and do it solo so it dies faster.

After that sell everything including the reward to ensure you get some fast cash.

For even better results, unlock the quest from the armory girl inside the crafting workshop called “power couple”, a five star quest under the Optional quest. Complete it and go back to the armory girl and she rewards you with a Bandit Mantle.

Wear that during fight and monster often time drops shiny which can be looted and sell off for extra profit!

Do this few steps and you’ll never ever run into money issue.

Cheers!

Thanks for the info!

grahf23

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me is go zorah then sell everything

Sent from 一哭二闹三上悠亚 using GAGT

recca84

Reaction score
hi all,
How do i know which weapon has elderseal? I cannot find this skill on the weapon.

Thank you

konoha

Reaction score
anyone can share with me, wat should i craft for HR armor when im on HR lvl 11? but im a gunner so need some advise or something i can read on?

Greenworm

Reaction score
Nergigante’s weapon normally has a High rating for Elderseal.

Next is Vaal Hazak‘s weapon giving Average rating for Elderseal

Lastly is Xeno'jiiva‘s weapon that gives low rating for Elderseal.

hi all,
How do i know which weapon has elderseal? I cannot find this skill on the weapon.

Thank you

Runez

Master Member
Reaction score
Nergigante’s weapon normally has a High rating for Elderseal.

Next is Vaal Hazak‘s weapon giving Average rating for Elderseal

Lastly is Xeno'jiiva‘s weapon that gives low rating for Elderseal.

which elder dragon mat can craft bow?

Greenworm

Reaction score
Most if not all of them can. Bows that are made of elder dragons materials usually starts out as ordinary bows but they slowly branches out into bows that are made using elder dragon parts.

which elder dragon mat can craft bow?

Greenworm

Reaction score
Hi!

Hi! Bringing a good fire elemental might help alot! Also with an Elderseal weapon you could reduce the chance Kirin surrounds itself with lighting which thickens its body and cause your hit to bounce ( This is especially deadly since Kirin can counter attack very swiftly).

Since this elderdragon has a small weak spot on it’s head and it’s extremely nimble, we found that a greatsword with critical draw skill works best for em.

Run around and avoid the crackling thunder strikes and land a well placed single critical hit on it’s head and roll away until immediately. Avoid being greedy overchain your attacks because Kirin might shift itself and cause you to hit its body and bounce you off, which again can be a fatal mistake.

Bring nulberrys, which can also be found the area where you’re fighting Kirin. It’s the next time you’ll need after your thunderblight mantle.

After you’re struck by it’s lighting attacks, you’ll get thunderblight which cause monster’s attack so occasional stuns you, this is the main cause of death unless your teammates or meow meow comes to your rescue!

Good luck brother/sister!

kirin is hard to kill. keep dying.

Last edited:

nivlac9

Reaction score
Thanks good tips. Got carted so many times.

Will try it later. Assuming if I had a choice of fire element vs elder seal weapon... Which should I use?

Hi!

Hi! Bringing a good fire elemental might help alot! Also with an Elderseal weapon you could reduce the chance Kirin surrounds itself with lighting which thickens its body and cause your hit to bounce ( This is especially deadly since Kirin can counter attack very swiftly).

Since this elderdragon has a small weak spot on it’s head and it’s extremely nimble, we found that a greatsword with critical draw skill works best for em.

Run around and avoid the crackling thunder strikes and land a well placed single critical hit on it’s head and roll away until immediately. Avoid being greedy overchain your attacks because Kirin might shift itself and cause you to hit its body and bounce you off, which again can be a fatal mistake.

Bring nulberrys, which can also be found the area you’re fight Kirin. It’s the next time you’ll need after your thunderblight mantle.

After you’re struck by it’s lighting attacks, you’ll get thunderblight which cause monster’s attack so occasional stuns you, this is the main cause of death unless your teammates or meow meow comes to your rescue!

Good luck brother/sister!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.