The Watch Thread - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if your girlfriend wanted a dog and you eventually caved, no point snubbing the cute little fella yeah?

"forced" and "pressured" are disdainful i wouldnt use such words... it is simply a minor inconvenience to drop some dough on something i very personally conceive as understatedly frivolous lol.
Forced and pressured are disdainful? Huh? Xiaoming forced his brother to buy a watch for him is disdainful meh..

I think if you see watch as frivolous then good food is frivolous, having a house is essentially frivolous, nice clothes have wife also frivolous time to 看破红尘,see you in Shaolin next year bro.

yeswecan

Reaction score
Hey friends, Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Chinese New Year in advance! I'm currently in Europe for exchange and looking to get myself a chronograph watch, preferably diver looking (not into metal straps yet), as a gift for myself and a daily beating when I graduate next year. My dream is actually Omega Speedmaster Professional but it is too expensive for me. Is there any cheaper and affordable option? Let's cap the budget at 2000$ sgd! Start recommending hehe!

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LI8ZruC.jpg

Last post here. Throwing my frivolous phone away and using phone card for life.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Forced and pressured are disdainful? Huh? Xiaoming forced his brother to buy a watch for him is disdainful meh..

I think if you see watch as frivolous then good food is frivolous, having a house is essentially frivolous, nice clothes have wife also frivolous time to 看破红尘,see you in Shaolin next year bro.

Hahaha even shaolin monk use iphone.
Wah Lao. Wanna wear watch also so many problems.
Jialat. Humans always managed to spoil the fun out of everything.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey friends, Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Chinese New Year in advance! I'm currently in Europe for exchange and looking to get myself a chronograph watch, preferably diver looking (not into metal straps yet), as a gift for myself and a daily beating when I graduate next year. My dream is actually Omega Speedmaster Professional but it is too expensive for me. Is there any cheaper and affordable option? Let's cap the budget at 2000$ sgd! Start recommending hehe!

Do you want a homage?
https://theupgreater.com/best-budget-omega-speedmaster-alternatives-moonwatch-homage/

Within budget but diff else there are always tissot and Hamilton
https://www.uhr.info/de/Chronographen-von-UHR/
https://www.christopherward.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Chronograph

A little over budget but quality, different in a way
https://www.stowa.de/Chronographen/
https://www.guinand-uhren.de/home-en.html

Last edited:

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
哎喲我的喂喂呀。。。
237d1841346d55090255d10a9867f852.jpg

俄國錶一用上了日本引擎
ne881855992back-shop_2275_1_2294_1.jpg

身價就漲了5,6倍嘍!​

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ah yes the paradox of luxury... to aspire to the heights of maslow’s pyramid, material wants must first be sated.. to not desire good food, pretty lasses and fancy watches, one must first desire them, then achieve them and thus having experienced the emotions connotative with such possessions, no longer covet them.. many monks come from a life of crime, of wanton sin and all that funky stuff.

yes humans do make complexities out of the dreadfully mundane, it serves well to strive to distance ourselves from primitivity.. or so we hope

Last edited:

yeswecan

Reaction score

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score

Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage Chronograph. Pays homage to Rolex Paul Newman. Put the metal bracelet aside, change into your preferred strap. :s12:

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will look through. Thank you so much! What are the thoughts of tag tho?

Tag has under 2K auto chrono?

which Tag you had in mind? Tag is mostly about the brand recognition.. u pay for the marketing cost.
if u paying for Tag carrera.. I would go little more for a Zenith at grey or pre own
heck U can even for your omega Speedmaster pro (pre own) if U looking at Tag

nice read on Tag chrono
https://www.calibre11.com/history-eta-7750-tag-heuer-calibre-16/

Last edited:

edchys

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wishing everyone in the watch community a happy and prosperous new year.
jo1ffyGl.jpg

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.