55 to 65" LED / OLED / LCD TV discussion thread [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Got my LG OLED 55C7T from Bedok Mall Best Denki at $2500. Just quote that you saw the price from Hardwarezone forum. A lot of people went there and got the same but recently went up by around $50. But just quote $2500 and see what they say. Comes with Wall mounting bracket if you want too which I got at that price.

Anyone knows what is the Audio house e-voucher for? Can it be use for current purchase? It seems it can be only used for the next purchase.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows what is the Audio house e-voucher for? Can it be use for current purchase? It seems it can be only used for the next purchase.

Their voucher is used to offset next purchase, not current purchase. Thus, creating recurring sales. You can try selling it cheaper to their customers. lol.

loooousyloser

Reaction score
my friend bought 55mu6300 at $1499 with delivery in HN..Do pm me for any groupbuy, i can recommand the salesperson over there 🖒.

Last edited:

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Their voucher is used to offset next purchase, not current purchase. Thus, creating recurring sales. You can try selling it cheaper to their customers. lol.

Thanks!! Coz I was looking at the best price for Samsung MU7000 55" last weekend and Audio House quoted me $1899 with e-vouchers which wasn't tempting lol.

Last edited:

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gonna get sony 49" x9000e

Which place better
Courts or HN

I think BD or GC cheaper than that 2 places u mentioned. But u can go compare again. I said that because previously I was comparing all those 4 big outlets prices.

JX1983

Reaction score
Thanks!! Coz I was looking at the best price for Samsung MU7000 55" last weekend and Audio House quoted me $1899 with e-vouchers which wasn't tempting lol.

I bought mine at courts $1849 after cashback. Because I am a courts member I have another $40 discount e voucher code so in the end $1809 and I asked for a free bracket and salesman give me a slim bracket but of course not the latest type la..

In my opinion I don’t really like Audio House their credit is machiam like ask u buy another thing from them then offset it.. I have $200 credit since last year and I also never used.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought mine at courts $1849 after cashback. Because I am a courts member I have another $40 discount e voucher code so in the end $1809 and I asked for a free bracket and salesman give me a slim bracket but of course not the latest type la..

In my opinion I don’t really like Audio House their credit is machiam like ask u buy another thing from them then offset it.. I have $200 credit since last year and I also never used.

Thanks for the info!! I will go Courts, HN, BD and GC to take a look at this model.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious guys

Do you guys get a new hdmi cable when you change tv? Haha. And most importantly, is a normal hdmi cable just as good as a branded one?

jirundop

Reaction score
Just curious guys

Do you guys get a new hdmi cable when you change tv? Haha. And most importantly, is a normal hdmi cable just as good as a branded one?

All TV signal is fully digital (0101010101......). Therefore, there won't be any quality different between a cheap generic HDMI and an expensive brand HDMI.

JX1983

Reaction score
All TV signal is fully digital (0101010101......). Therefore, there won't be any quality different between a cheap generic HDMI and an expensive brand HDMI.

Umm so u mean stick to the hdmi 1.4 cable and no need to buy the hdmi 2.0 cable? I think my hdmi cables all are like 4-5 yrs back when I first bought them :)

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
my friend bought it for $2999 just few days ago. if ya interested, do pm me for the salesperson cont..

Umm so u mean stick to the hdmi 1.4 cable and no need to buy the hdmi 2.0 cable? I think my hdmi cables all are like 4-5 yrs back when I first bought them :)

For utilising HDMI 2.0a/b ports, you will need HDMI cables known as HDMI Premium (there will be an orange sticker with a 3D barcode to show it is licensed to be premium.) And it will support up to 18Gb/s as opposed to HDMI 1.4's 10.2Gb/s. There are some cable that does not state that it is HDMI Premium Certified that can only support up to 16Gb/s. That cable is also insufficient.

Any cable lower than that and you will get flickering with the screen going to black and then back to the video and then black again non-stop along with seeing stars on a black background if you turn on HDR for that port on your TV such as Ultra HD Deep Color for LG on that HDMI port. I've experienced it myself.

However, you do not really have to buy those cables UNLESS you have a component such as a BluRay player or a 4K60Hz + HDR box or an Nvidia GTX 10 series graphics card for your PC that will have HDMI 2.0 to utilize the full 4K60Hz + BT.2020 10 bit HDR bandwidth.

If you are still using an old version of your 4K BluRay player that only supports HDMI 1.4 port standard, then no matter if you plug in a HDMI Premium cable, you won't benefit from using the full bandwidth of the cable. Since the player itself won't support it.
Usually, if you buy a Player or any 4K HDR Streaming Box that supports HDMI 2.0, the HDMI cable that comes will it should be able to support 4K60Hz + 10bit HDR at 4:2:2 Chroma.

Last edited:

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need some help

My sony x9000 connected to the bose lifestyle v35. Cable channels no problem.

Switch input using bose to apple tv no problem

But using the sony android system to watch Netflix or YouTube, the sound cannot come from bose. The display shows the Netflix rtc but sound still the cable tv. How ah.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Need some help

My sony x9000 connected to the bose lifestyle v35. Cable channels no problem.

Switch input using bose to apple tv no problem

But using the sony android system to watch Netflix or YouTube, the sound cannot come from bose. The display shows the Netflix rtc but sound still the cable tv. How ah.

Bose v35 don't support ARC, so you have to separately route your audio from the TV to the v35, and best way to do this would be using an optical cable. when watching using native apps within the TV, or FTA channels tuned within the TV, you have to switch your v35 to Optical TV Audio In.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bose v35 don't support ARC, so you have to separately route your audio from the TV to the v35, and best way to do this would be using an optical cable. when watching using native apps within the TV, or FTA channels tuned within the TV, you have to switch your v35 to Optical TV Audio In.

Thanks for the info.

How do i set the v35 to optical tv audio in. I've plugged in the optical cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.