How to deal with tail gaters?

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i suspect ts is like those drivers whom u give way for them to overtake, n then they slow down once they are in front of you.... :(

HellHunter

Reaction score
Road hoggers are self entitled pricks that deserves a expensive lesson. Overtake them and jam brake make them pay for new rear bumper is the best solution.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

Just make sure they don't have a dashcam :o

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just make sure they don't have a dashcam :o

After I overtake suddenly got 1 stray cat jump out of the bushes so I jam brakes lor

Jam brake straight away and it won't look as if you are doing it on purpose. Don't jam brake 2-3 times.

superman

Master Member
Reaction score
After I overtake suddenly got 1 stray cat jump out of the bushes so I jam brakes lor

Jam brake straight away and it won't look as if you are doing it on purpose. Don't jam brake 2-3 times.

What I cannot tahan are those real pricks who will purposely speed up to prevent you from overtaking and 90% of those road hoggers are like that, so its not just I travel at speed limit I can drive at lane 1 so innocent.

HellHunter

Reaction score
Law is law, real world is real world.
If these self entitled pricks even have a little bit of conscience they won't be road hogging.

When there is video footage of something being done in the real world, it very quickly becomes about what the actual law is. I hate road hoggers with a vengeance but it's not worth getting yourself embroiled in legal issues. No amount of cat dashing in front of your car will save you if you are caught on camera abruptly cutting ahead of someone, especially from the left, and jamming brake. ;)

Last edited:

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A lot of ppl question about road hog, tail gate, road bully etc. On the road there are all kind of ppl, whats important is I'll give way and get home in a safe manner as I can. Driving on the road I have no ego or who is right who is wrong, argue till cow come home also no use. Best is I reach home bath xiang xiang watch tv... why waste time on someone you duno?

This is the most sensible action that is applicable to all road-users: pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists, motorists, and other drivers.

Getting into collisions, getting injured, or even getting killed, just to save mere seconds is not a matter of egoism; it is sheer stupidity, and sheer stupidity is very prevalent here.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you claim that the cat jumped out, you better be able to prove it.

If you cannot prove it, your claim will fail if the other driver is able to prove, on a balance of probabilities, that you were behind him, moved to his front, and jammed brake in front of him.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When there is video footage of something being done in the real world, it very quickly becomes about what the actual law is. I hate road hoggers with a vengeance but it's not worth getting yourself embroiled in legal issues. No amount of cat dashing in front of your car will save you if you are caught on camera abruptly cutting ahead of someone, especially from the left, and jamming brake. ;)

Please don’t play the braking game. Only imbeciles do that and imbeciles are punished to the fullest extent of the law.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guess my language still never improve lolol

Bro sanchin said it well!.
Guess the root of the issue MAY start with huge ego installed within a person?

Some driver may just feel otherwise(seriously dont know what is in their head) to give way? End up holding everyone time and may cause frustration and anger to others which lead to all the drama of jam-brake game, etc etc.

Just signal left and give way, well that's it.
Main thing is home safely for everyone ya.

'Stupidity combined with arrogance and a huge ego will get you a long way.'
Chris Lowe

The root of the issue starts and ends with wisdom.

Calander

Reaction score
the penalty of road hogging is harsher than speeding. afterall, speeding has different tiers depending on the speed but hogging doesn't.

so which is more sensible to have a greater "right-of-way" or fault? pls think about it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.