2.0 & 2.1 speaker discussion thread IV [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oouch...m200mkii cost around $300, oh sorry for that.

how long that Hivi served you before this SQ problem surfaced? Any idea what caused? Maybe can't expect much quality components out-of $300~ish?

As earlier pt trying make: As active speakers, once hardware problem arise nothing much you can do abt it, unless you are DIY technically inclined. If it was passive speaker system, functions are separate; allow us to isolate and replace the faulty.

I got it in 2013 but I was away from home for most of the past 4 years, so I guess realistically only about a year of use. Now I'm back in SG long term le and I used it for about 2-3 months without issues

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Or convert the M200MKII to passive?

Though there's a saying, as long as it still produces sound, it is worth repairing.

u think he know how repair meh

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

It seems M200MKII do have passive crossover to use external amplification still still disable internal amplifier and PSU, rewire into the passive crossover (presuming passive component is still fine).

Other not really useful info: modding M200MKII

Just wonder, why not ask Hivi where was the last faulty part, and you pay to replace the entire (amplifier/PSU?) module? Well, does wwenze felt knowledgeable to advice what to replace?:)

I honestly don't mind modding cause I've worked on some simple electronic circuits before, except I'm not really knowledgeable enough to troubleshoot or know what is wrong with it. I can only just follow instructions and do lol.

At the moment it's getting worse and worse lol, low volumes will also have distortion :s22:

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys is it worth to buy M200MKIII from Taobao then air freight over ?

if the price is about the same as local, might as well buy local right ?

say if taobao is S$360, shipping is S$100... local selling 599

choose which one better ? :s22:

fug man i am stuck between m50w and m200mkiii :(

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Find a place where you can leave it for a few days. Open it up. Find or draw a simple schematic. Ask the forum what voltages to poke.

Add: Do you know how to do RMAA?

Last edited:

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score
guys is it worth to buy M200MKIII from Taobao then air freight over ?

if the price is about the same as local, might as well buy local right ?

say if taobao is S$360, shipping is S$100... local selling 599

choose which one better ? :s22:

fug man i am stuck between m50w and m200mkiii :(
wadafuq air freight.
so rich

use sea freight la

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't mind modding cause I've worked on some simple electronic circuits before, except I'm not really knowledgeable enough to troubleshoot or know what is wrong with it. I can only just follow instructions and do lol.

At the moment it's getting worse and worse lol, low volumes will also have distortion :s22:
if ur m200mkii rlly has a passive input, u can just buy another amp

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Find a place where you can leave it for a few days. Open it up. Find or draw a simple schematic. Ask the forum what voltages to poke.

Add: Do you know how to do RMAA?

Uh no I don’t think I know what is RMAA lol. I also don’t have a multimeter so I probably will have to get that also

nexxusdev

Reaction score
Hey all, currently using a 2nd hand set of swans m10 on my PC.

Am wondering what would be a considerable/noticeable upgrade over this?

Hopefully as light on the wallet as possible. I'm very comfortable with the idea of DIY (if that's possible)

sotong_love

Reaction score
Hey all, currently using a 2nd hand set of swans m10 on my PC.

Am wondering what would be a considerable/noticeable upgrade over this?

Hopefully as light on the wallet as possible. I'm very comfortable with the idea of DIY (if that's possible)

Just stick with your swans m10

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score

forests_gump

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope you dnt mind, personally - there is no right/wrong, just perspectives, having that consider the "start-game", "end-game" situation, since you are asking for "noticeable" upgrade:

"start-game" - What is your current perspective of your swans m10 on PC ?
"end-game" - What area you wish to improve, that might determine direction of upgrade .

Last edited:

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ZhyU3oT.jpg

Wacked liao :D :D :D

Time to dump my katana to my nephew :crazy:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nvr try to input any codes found online? At least can use it to offset paid delivery for faster timings.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I give up on Lazada codes too. Unless it's like 9am when new good codes are just released.

Think the last code I used was what save $6 or something on a $150 purchase. During 12.12 one of my $400 purchase didn't even had code.

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I give up on Lazada codes too. Unless it's like 9am when new good codes are just released.

Think the last code I used was what save $6 or something on a $150 purchase. During 12.12 one of my $400 purchase didn't even had code.

yah the last code i tried was -$6 wan...but never work

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys is the cables provided in the m50w good enough ?

or do i have to custom made them outside ? :s11:

aerogater

Reaction score
My M50W sub decided to gave up on me yesterday:(
only lasted me from 2015 May till now.

Just now I took the effort to bring it to Tech Dynamic to have a check, they told me the whole module needs to be replaced and it cost $180...

Wow:s22:, decided not to do it, the guy told me that there is another newer version of M50W coming soon April, with better specs and features. Probably just to wait for it then~

I also ask the guy about H6/H10 sub, seems like he doesn't know about this as they didn't bring in this model into sg, anyone here used these combo H4/H5 pair with H6/H10 before?
Can share some feedbacks about them?

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My M50W sub decided to gave up on me yesterday:(
only lasted me from 2015 May till now.

Just now I took the effort to bring it to Tech Dynamic to have a check, they told me the whole module needs to be replaced and it cost $180...

Wow:s22:, decided not to do it, the guy told me that there is another newer version of M50W coming soon April, with better specs and features. Probably just to wait for it then~

I also ask the guy about H6/H10 sub, seems like he doesn't know about this as they didn't bring in this model into sg, anyone here used these combo H4/H5 pair with H6/H10 before?
Can share some feedbacks about them?

kns i just bought online on 18th feb :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.