The Galaxy Note 8 (2017 edition)

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally got my issue fixed

F**king hell Samsung, they don't even know what the fuk happened :s22:

IMEI and serial number is registered for sale in Singapore but the CSC is TEB (Bosnia). Tell them they don't believe until they remote access and see it themselves on the phone :s22:

Wasted 1 week of ding dong and 2 hrs at the service center for them to re-flash everything.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
It will be more significant with the LDAC music format that comes with Oreo when using wireless Bluetooth headphones. The current AptX format is not as high quality as LDAC. Wonder why Samsung did not upgrade to AptX HD for Note8 when AptX HD is much superior to AptX.

LG is more audiophile-friendly than Samsung with better audio hardware and audio software.

Then again, wired connection is still much better than wireless connection when it comes to audio enjoyment.

S8 in Taiwan already received their 8.0 update and it supports LDAC. I think there is no reason for Samsung not to include for Note8.

gnusmas

Reaction score
anyone getting error in stock recovery?

I first time clear cache, then see this error message.
E:ensure_path_unmounted failed to unmount /efs (Device or resource busy) ..... after that it applied csc and boot up fine.
Found on other forum, same error message as mine.

lbdhGRVl.jpg

Last edited:

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone getting error in stock recovery?

I first time clear cache, then see this error message.
E:ensure_path_unmounted failed to unmount /efs (Device or resource busy) ..... after that it applied csc and boot up fine.
Found on other forum, same error message as mine.

lbdhGRVl.jpg

If your phone still boots and performs fine you are okay.

Jackygogogo

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there currently a working package disabler for note 8?

I remember purchasing once from playstore after purchasing my note 5, the developer server problem end up had to email em to reinstall the app on my note 5 and the playstore account purchased history no longer indicate it was purchased under my google acc. Felt like it's a scam by developer to wipe record and now new devices no longer can install.

Now had to search for purchase reciept to email em again or they renew their policy purchase only on limited device to earn more instead of purchase once like it was used to be. Will email em and await their respond.

Last edited:

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I remember purchasing once from playstore after purchasing my note 5, the developer server problem end up had to email em to reinstall the app on my note 5 and the playstore account purchased history no longer indicate it was purchased under my google acc. Felt like it's a scam by developer to wipe record and now new devices no longer can install.

Now had to search for purchase reciept to email em again or they renew their policy purchase only on limited device to earn more instead of purchase once like it was used to be. Will email em and await their respond.

BK Disabler + BK Plugin

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
My pen for my Note 8 is faulty now. When using the pen, the very small circles does not appear when I place the tip near the screen. And I noticed that the pen seems to be constantly performing a "touch" function all the time. Meaning, when I place the tip over the home button and hold there, google is activated (eg like a double touched happened). When I swipe the screen without the tip touching the screen, the screen swipe as well. Tested another Note 8 pen on my Note 8 is working. Looks like have to go service already. Anyone knows the accessories warranty is 6 months or 12 months? Thanks.

gnusmas

Reaction score
If your phone still boots and performs fine you are okay.
ya seems ok so far. I being ocd tried factory reset and odin flash same stock rom, but error still there :'(. hopefully next firmware update can can rid of it.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
ya seems ok so far. I being ocd tried factory reset and odin flash same stock rom, but error still there :'(. hopefully next firmware update can can rid of it.

You honestly don’t need to worry about recovery mode errors unless you are doing anything else that affects the FW on it. Factory resetting or clearing cache is fine. The one few things you really don’t want to mess is is efs. Once that corrupts unless you have backed it up you have to go to service center.

gnusmas

Reaction score
You honestly don’t need to worry about recovery mode errors unless you are doing anything else that affects the FW on it. Factory resetting or clearing cache is fine. The one few things you really don’t want to mess is is efs. Once that corrupts unless you have backed it up you have to go to service center.

ya I didnt mess with the firmware or root, thanks for reassuring, just my being ocd cos never had such error before.

gnusmas

Reaction score

same for me, gave up sometime ago when the app stop working. I went from that to Adhell and now trying out SABS.
In case want to try;
https://github.com/LayoutXML/SABS

Sidler

Reaction score
My pen for my Note 8 is faulty now. When using the pen, the very small circles does not appear when I place the tip near the screen. And I noticed that the pen seems to be constantly performing a "touch" function all the time. Meaning, when I place the tip over the home button and hold there, google is activated (eg like a double touched happened). When I swipe the screen without the tip touching the screen, the screen swipe as well. Tested another Note 8 pen on my Note 8 is working. Looks like have to go service already. Anyone knows the accessories warranty is 6 months or 12 months? Thanks.
My note 7 came with a packet of tips and a tool to replace the tip.
Check ur box to see if u have the tips.

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
My note 7 came with a packet of tips and a tool to replace the tip.
Check ur box to see if u have the tips.

Tried changing the tip before but the same.

Even without the tip, when I place that end of the pen near the screen, it had the same issue. LOL.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
So does watsapp provide edge lightning when screen is off?

No, Whatsapp does not when screen is off. HOWEVER if you Turn the notiffication popup on in Whatsapp it will work. The primary key to edge lighting is screen on for notifications.

auzzuro

Reaction score
No, Whatsapp does not when screen is off. HOWEVER if you Turn the notiffication popup on in Whatsapp it will work. The primary key to edge lighting is screen on for notifications.
I heard edge lighting work well on note 7 after tat note 8 does nt work well with it.is it true ?

Jackygogogo

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look like OSP TECH LTD not responding to the erased purchased history issue of package disabler under my google acc. Give em one more week maybe they still celebrating cny.backlisting em indefintely if end of feb still never reply.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.