The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seiko is under Hoya. Your 1.74 is it the superb Asiana? Because normal stock lenses even if rx also don't have 1.74. If it is then yes probably after discount 600 plus unless the shop gives you more. It's according to the rrp so never overcharge you:)
Thickness of lenses depends on your degree, the axis of your astigmatism and also the size of the frame you choose. The longer/wider the frame, if you are a myope/myopia/(-)power then your glasses will be thicker.

Thx for the price clarification. Wanted to make sure the price i got is near/lower market price before I can recommend.

Well similar to cutoutxstars, I went Jamco optical to get oliver people frames.
They got the largest collection of OP frames.

Bryan & his mum was veri friendly and helpful, allow me to try many other frames as well including Lindberg. :s13:

My myopia is -8 & -7.5 so decided to go for 1.74. Working within my budget, I ended up with Seiko 1.74 double aspheric lens (told to be the thinnest) at sale discount price.

Definitely recommend the shop altho the location not veri accessible + prices can get steep due to expensive frames you chose. :o

Stylebit

Reaction score
Sorry but not tomorrow. We having da sao Chu. So 20 then open. You could look at zeiss frames(yes frames not lenses). Porsche..
Other places might have too e.g. Starck, A-miki. There's a lot more...
Your shop is at? I thinking make new specs soon.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

xtreamzz

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, how do you remove dried up hair spray spots on your spectacle lenses? I read online that using rubbing alcohol followed by rinsing with soap and water helps but would like to seek the advice of the experienced folks here.

If it helps - I'm using zeiss lens, made 2 weeks back.

Thanks!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Yikes, you can try the zeiss lens wipes. Or bring back your shop ask them use their own solvent to remove for you. Alcohol and soap abit subjective, might remove the stains and even your multicoating. But some users here use soap and nothing happen, so you can give it a go, if wary then bring back shop and see! If shop say no hope, use your own solvent solution!

Hi all, how do you remove dried up hair spray spots on your spectacle lenses? I read online that using rubbing alcohol followed by rinsing with soap and water helps but would like to seek the advice of the experienced folks here.

If it helps - I'm using zeiss lens, made 2 weeks back.

Thanks!

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea. Avoid using soap and alcohol.

I used soap water before and my coating was affected once.

xtreamzz

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses Bros. Lucky I have not tried to use alcohol/water to wash yet. Will go back to my optician to see if there can be a way to remove this.

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Thx for the price clarification. Wanted to make sure the price i got is near/lower market price before I can recommend.

Well similar to cutoutxstars, I went Jamco optical to get oliver people frames.
They got the largest collection of OP frames.

Bryan & his mum was veri friendly and helpful, allow me to try many other frames as well including Lindberg. :s13:

My myopia is -8 & -7.5 so decided to go for 1.74. Working within my budget, I ended up with Seiko 1.74 double aspheric lens (told to be the thinnest) at sale discount price.

Definitely recommend the shop altho the location not veri accessible + prices can get steep due to expensive frames you chose. :o

Nice!!! i wanna get another pair of Oliver People frame.

Wear specs for more than a few decades....OP is one of the best frames i ever have.

0ov5185__1585_030a.jpg

:s12: :o :s12:

Bus555

Reaction score
Hi is me again. Do ya all know where over in sg do they have applying of nosepad for plastic frame for cheap & how long does it take?

Sent from Your Nightmare using GAGT

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
3-4 days. It has to be sent to special labs to do. Cost around 80-120 depending on metal or plastic. And also have to see if your frame has enough space to fit the nosepads.

Hi is me again. Do ya all know where over in sg do they have applying of nosepad for plastic frame for cheap & how long does it take?

Sent from Your Nightmare using GAGT

FrostIce

Reaction score
Any recommend optical shops in Jurong? Tried to do a search but they only return posts for the past 24hrs. 😅

cutoutxstars

Master Member
Reaction score
Nice!!! i wanna get another pair of Oliver People frame.

Wear specs for more than a few decades....OP is one of the best frames i ever have.

0ov5185__1585_030a.jpg

:s12: :o :s12:

whoa. I won't be able to carry off a striking blue frame. been sticking to tortoise shell frames all these while.. wearing Gregory peck now

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is Maslon.
wDl0E0p.jpg

I liked Scheyer and O'Malley. Not a fan of round frame but O'Malley looks gd, changed my mind after trying it.

I will probably get another pair in few months time. Different style.

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want to change the lenses on my glasses but keep the frame. What kind of prices are typical for this? I asked Zoff, they said if I want to do this, the price will be around the same as buying a new set of frame+lens from them - around $100.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want to change the lenses on my glasses but keep the frame. What kind of prices are typical for this? I asked Zoff, they said if I want to do this, the price will be around the same as buying a new set of frame+lens from them - around $100.
Go qoo find lenses prices abt $16(price I paid last year) only plus $25 for edging fee if using old frame..look for eyecon..

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Depending on your degree, the price will vary. Whatever quoted from zoff, it depends on what type lenses is being used and quality of frame. If you like your previous frame and it is still in good condition, perhaps you can just do your initial plan.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.