How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass? - Part 2

How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass?

• 1 time :o

Votes: 1,446 58.3%
  • 2 times :)

Votes: 577 23.3%
  • 3 times :(

Votes: 260 10.5%
  • 4 times :sad:

Votes: 90 3.6%
  • 5 times

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • 6 or more times

Votes: 68 2.7%

• Total voters

Forevermah

Reaction score
Sian. Failed TP first time, Class 3A, 36PTS. Damn demoralizing and heart pain for wallet. Swee Swee circuit clear never mount kerb then on road kena all the blind spots and abrupt lane change eventhough i got check blind spots. After test then tell me need to turn my head more. Gave me 20 demerit points for that alone.

Tester look nice nice at first but turns out very strict. Kept quite when out of circuit road, didn’t even inform of mistake during that time. Only find out afterwards.

Sian. Life what to do. Bopian suck up and burn money again.

CJW311296

Reaction score
Sian. Failed TP first time, Class 3A, 36PTS. Damn demoralizing and heart pain for wallet. Swee Swee circuit clear never mount kerb then on road kena all the blind spots and abrupt lane change eventhough i got check blind spots. After test then tell me need to turn my head more. Gave me 20 demerit points for that alone.

Tester look nice nice at first but turns out very strict. Kept quite when out of circuit road, didn’t even inform of mistake during that time. Only find out afterwards.

Hey Forevermah,

Seem like u pretty trained in circuit as u didn't got any demerit points it was road segment that drag you down..

Keen to share private or sch? under which driving centre too?

I think some tester they don't wish to point out testee mistake directly is because it might cause them to worry even more and if they don't point out most probably they also want to assess whether the testee can rectify his/her own mistake..

Did the tester share how to clear the blindspot and abrupt lane change given the fact he awarded was 20pts for that it pretty huge regarding blindspot I assume he called you to turn more meant you didn't make it that obvious?

Also, I heard taking 3A require more emphasis on safety checks..

For me, I de-brief my tester just ask me how is my performance and any mistake that I could point out before he share his evaluation..

Don't be too demoralized and upset and if the tester have given tips on preparing for next TP do prepare it well and most importantly look carefully the assessment checklist for all demerits and if necessary discuss with your instructor and with that you are well-prepared for next TP!!

Do write back if u have any queries will be glad to hear that..

I wish you all the best and expecting you to join us in the motoring society in the near future!!

Cheers..
CJW

Last edited:

CJW311296

Reaction score
Hw much did u guys spend on average to get driving license?

I spend abt 3k under sch fixed instructor scheme took manual 34 lesson + 1 compulsory auto lesson..

Cost will varies depending minimum lesson count, peak or non-peak hour any fixed instructor etc..

U thinking to learn driving or pass already?

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I spend abt 3k under sch fixed instructor scheme took manual 34 lesson + 1 compulsory auto lesson..

Cost will varies depending minimum lesson count, peak or non-peak hour any fixed instructor etc..

U thinking to learn driving or pass already?
I planning to learn driving. Cleared btt alr gg take FTT. Planning to take practical lessons ard end of tis yr or next yr...

I registered as a pte student,but considering to switch to sch as the rate of passing for sch students r higher?

CJW311296

Reaction score
I planning to learn driving. Cleared btt alr gg take FTT. Planning to take practical lessons ard end of tis yr or next yr...

I registered as a pte student,but considering to switch to sch as the rate of passing for sch students r higher?

My advise FTT if possible try to take after u have a couple of practical lesson as the reason being some FTT qns will be asking car mechanism like clutch,gear etc which u may need some hand-on experience to relate better another reason is FTT currently have 2 yrs validity so if u take early and due to work commitment or cannot secure slot etc thus the validity period will be shorter and shorter so for me I took my FTT when I am around half of my practical stage..

Highly recommend u to take e-trial for theory test if those borderline cases as TP-FTT system they won't disclose answer so e-trial have the answer so can take note of that another thing is E-Trial is pretty simulated to the real one for me I score TP-FTT first attempt 42/50 however sch learner fail need do internal evaluation till pass then can reapply for FTT formally thus I done E-trial abt 8-10 times as always borderline fail so after which went to SSDC for FTT scored 49/50 so I strongly recommend e-trial to my friends..

Honestly yesterday during CNY was discussing with some friends abt private vs sch for practical the issue is sch cost is pretty high almost double of private but accordingly to TP passing rate indeed sch passing rate is 50-60% as for circuit sch learner are always training there so I think this is one of important factors as it will really boost testee confidence before heading out to road test..

btw, u will be taking auto or manual?

I wish you all the best and do write back if u have any queries might be slow in replying enlisting on tues..

Cheers..
CJW

Last edited:

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My advise FTT if possible try to take after u have a couple of practical lesson as the reason being some FTT qns will be asking car mechanism like clutch,gear etc which u may need some hand-on experience to relate better another reason is FTT currently have 2 yrs validity so if u take early and due to work commitment or cannot secure slot etc thus the validity period will be shorter and shorter so for me I took my FTT when I am around half of my practical stage..

Highly recommend u to take e-trial for theory test if those borderline cases as TP-FTT system they won't disclose answer so e-trial have the answer so can take note of that another thing is E-Trial is pretty simulated to the real one for me I score TP-FTT first attempt 42/50 however sch learner fail need do internal evaluation till pass then can reapply for FTT formally thus I done E-trial abt 8-10 times as always borderline fail so after which went to SSDC for FTT scored 49/50 so I strongly recommend e-trial to my friends..

Honestly yesterday during CNY was discussing with some friends abt private vs sch for practical the issue is sch cost is pretty high almost double of private but accordingly to TP passing rate indeed sch passing rate is 50-60% as for circuit sch learner are always training there so I think this is one of important factors as it will really boost testee confidence before heading out to road test..

btw, u will be taking auto or manual?

I wish you all the best and do write back if u have any queries might be slow in replying enlisting on tues..

Cheers..
CJW

Hi thanks for the quick reply. Happy cny btw! I am taking manual, so tot clear my FTT 1St so no nid worry abt it when I take practical lessons. Nvm, will try out the test the next wk and see hw it goes.

My friend kept persuading me to switch to take lessons with sch,as he said tat sch offers more value for $$.

Though it's more ex,but they have a more comprehensive syllabus and will always try push u to pass the TP?

I chose private initially as its cheap. But after hearing some stories abt private instructors not teaching well, certain stuff nt taught, causing them to fail TP.

Thus,I'm having sme reservations...

CSNrf2ARE

Reaction score
My total expenditure with school was about 2.7k.... Think most private candidates fail because they are not familar with circuit? Always see a lot of private test cars mounting curb.

Hw much did u guys spend on average to get driving license?

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Initially I did register as a school candidate thinking that the passing rate is higher. But personally I feel that it's a statistic not to be taken too seriously. I was told during my practical lessons that if you cannot clear a particular lesson, especially in Stage 2 and 3, they can hold you back and delay your progress.

So eventually the lousier you are, the more lessons you take to be able to clear the lessons and of course the more money you pay for those lessons. For driving, the more you practice the better you get.

The only good thing about taking in school is that you know the information relayed to you are accurate. And it also gives you the opportunity to take in what's useful from various instructors.

Last edited:

Idme231

Reaction score
My total expenditure with school was about 2.7k.... Think most private candidates fail because they are not familar with circuit? Always see a lot of private test cars mounting curb.

ALL Learner cars do mount curb. Not just private. Even ON TEST does happens.

CSNrf2ARE

Reaction score
what i am trying to say is that private cars may be more disadvantaged in the circuit. so weigh the pros and cons before deciding for school or private. if you are more keen towards a more structured curriculum, maybe school is better. but like what metamofia89 says, ultimately, it still depends on your learning speed and how fast you able to get the feel of controlling a car.

not saying that only private cars will mount curb. peace out.:)
ALL Learner cars do mount curb. Not just private. Even ON TEST does happens.

jayz89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

First thing for you is dont give up and try again.

Next up

Tester is not instructor, he do not sit beside and guide you. You are on your own during TP. YOU make your own judgement

Checking blind spot, make sure you turn your head to see. Do not care if you did turn because tester see what he deem “head turned” or not. You jolly well do what to pleased him. You suck thumb.

Lane changing, you see car incoming from the back, you dont change. Make sure got some distance and you accelerate while moving into the lane you intending to change to increase the distance with the car which will be behind you. Otherwise tester will penalised you change lane abruptly etc.

Looks like you got no issie inside circuit so I’ll skip that.

We can cover more but that is really dependent on your driving style. 36 pts is sibei rabak max I have to say lol. Practice more my friend. All the best

Idme231

Reaction score
Yes.. It happened to me, school leaner. Mount kerb on test, tester said all so swee but mount kerb. Its about confidence. Maybe?

During practice, its better that you at least strike curb so you know if your wheels is going to touch it. So far i only did once on the lot back i was learning last year. And it will just take a while before u know it. But mounting curb, it didnt happen to me because my instructor is just too strict that i dw it to let it happen. :(

baconpok

Reaction score
Been lurking here for the past month,

finally passed on 1st try earlier today with 14 DM.

BBDC private class 3 total spent 1600+

HUAT AHH :s12::s12::s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.