most user-friendly camera brand?

pwnies5600

Reaction score
I'd personally go with Canon being most user-friendly if you're talking entry level cameras. Their newer cameras have a simplified UI and generally speaking ergonomics are not too bad even on their mirrorless lineup. Menu system is navigable enough.

Nikon isn't far behind. With a little knowledge of basic camera functions you should be able to use their cameras well. Similar to Canon, their entry level cameras have a visual UI available. Menu system is neatly sorted.

Sony makes good cameras, but UI wise I'd say it's probably one of the least user-friendly ones. Owing to the myriad of customisations and features on their cameras, the menu system is rather extensive and is many many pages long even on cameras like the RX100. Not the best to navigate and find your settings, but once you use it enough it's easy enough. Just don't expect to be able to use it from the get-go. Ergonomics are good for people with small hands (except maybe the A9).

I can't speak for the rest of the brands (olympus, panasonic etc.) as I have not used their systems extensively.

*Also some cameras do not have touchscreen (if that's important to you). Do a little research before you buy.

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really depends on personal taste. Best to go down and try.

For DSLR for example, one brand may have better ergonomics for you but you might not like the menu system, but for others it's the opposite on the exact same camera.

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel

Fuji > Olympus > Canon > Panasonic

Worst is Sony damn hard to understands the menu

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am using a Canon G7x. Loves the Canon app which allows me to have the photos in the G7x to have them wirelessly transferred to my iPad or iPhone.

Apex

Reaction score
Am using a Canon G7x. Loves the Canon app which allows me to have the photos in the G7x to have them wirelessly transferred to my iPad or iPhone.

Think most new camera allow you to link the camera with smartphone.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canon/Pany for me

Sony and Oly not to my liking...

Reaction score
I prefer canon, affordable, decent photo quality n most importantly is MIJ

Sent from Sony Z4 using GAGT

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Given that many of us are so used to smartphones, I think there are at least three features sometimes overlooked that make a camera "user friendly".

The first is a touch screen. Being able to tap on the screen to focus or access your menu definitely makes the camera easier and more fun to use. The second is a touch screen that can flip or articulate to allow you to take high or low shots; better yet if the screen can orientate to the front for selfies.

In this regard, Sony is a disappointment. It's 2018 and it's entry to mid level mirrorless cameras (a6000, a6300) still do not have touch screens! Only its much more expensive a6500 has I think. And none of them have screens that orientate to the face the front for selfies.

The third is Bluetooth/wifi connectivity to transfer photos to your smartphone so that you can share them on WhatsApp /Facebook etc immediately. This is a critical deal breaker feature. Fortunately, most compact /mirrorless cameras now support this but do confirm before buying.

Sent from Samsung SM-T825Y using GAGT

KouAnKyuuKa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Olympus. After using em10 mk3 and playing with Fuji cameras, Fuji really not user intuitive. Plus Fuji high end camers are cluttered with dials and buttons.

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Olympus. After using em10 mk3 and playing with Fuji cameras, Fuji really not user intuitive. Plus Fuji high end camers are cluttered with dials and buttons.

Yah I also agree that Olympus interface is quite easy to navigate and understand.

SilverKylin

Reaction score
Worst is Sony damn hard to understands the menu

Sony is terrible. Really love their camera, no major complaint on the IQ or lens, but the UI is really bad. Can't they afford a designer team instead of having their engineers work out the menu design?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally I feel Canon easy to use. A lot of graphics/ help. Good for beginners. Olympus I don’t really like it. Not easy but again, it is not for beginner. Usually more advance/ pro user

vanityinsanity

Reaction score
Anyone knows which camera is the best for entry level user? I have a budget probably less than 500 since I'm a beginner.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.