[INFO] Things you need to know about car servicing

pathfinder6

Reaction score
Hi guys

The past week when reverse parking I can really hear my steering wheel turn.

Is there anything I can resolve this or is this normal? Ride is at 21k mileage. Thanks!

sigur_ros

Reaction score
I am curious why some of the car servicing promotions are so cheap. S$50 inclusive of 4L engine oil. Has anyone tried? Are these reliable?

I know that 4L of engine oil can cost at least S$50.

gocarhero

Reaction score
I am curious why some of the car servicing promotions are so cheap. S$50 inclusive of 4L engine oil. Has anyone tried? Are these reliable?

I believe that works in any kind of goods/services industry, they might just cut their profit so low until we feel it is unbelievable. But in any case, you have to check the credibility of the company though. There is a possibility that they are actually scammers, and will be shooting you with many other kinds of promotion (like the beautician promos, if you know what i mean). Anyway, strictly speaking, there are businesses that are daring enough to cut off their profit in order to get publicity, just a mere marketing stunt. So just research online and check the credibility yes? any thought?

kestrelong91

Reaction score
I believe that works in any kind of goods/services industry, they might just cut their profit so low until we feel it is unbelievable. But in any case, you have to check the credibility of the company though. There is a possibility that they are actually scammers, and will be shooting you with many other kinds of promotion (like the beautician promos, if you know what i mean). Anyway, strictly speaking, there are businesses that are daring enough to cut off their profit in order to get publicity, just a mere marketing stunt. So just research online and check the credibility yes? any thought?
Ive tried one of the promotion on shell servicing that I saw on facebook few months ago. So far I feel that my car is still running well so I believe this company uses legit stuffs. There was no hard pushing but only recommendations by the mechanics. The company is at Kaki Bukit called precise auto service. Can check out their website for more info. they run promotions once in awhile for their servicing packages. http://www.preciseauto.sg

asymmetric

Honorary Member
Reaction score
can recommend car service workshop central/south area that does oil change plus checks for not more than $200 for 2.5L car.

BigMan123

Reaction score
can recommend car service workshop central/south area that does oil change plus checks for not more than $200 for 2.5L car.

U buy 2 bottles of 4 litres shell helix at $33 each. Oem filter $7. Labour + 21 pt check $25. Total only $98. Less than $100 and still have few litres engine oil left.

Last edited:

wiwi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
honestly didnt have good experience with workshops servicing car.. every different workshop for servicing, tell me different thing need to replace. i really wonder who is telling the truth

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
honestly didnt have good experience with workshops servicing car.. every different workshop for servicing, tell me different thing need to replace. i really wonder who is telling the truth

erm.... go to your usual workshop which you can trust most... asked for his views on what other say about your cars.
Hopes this helps.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I tried twice:
First workshop at Kaki bukit. Shop just open like 2-3 months. Using 5W40 Shell Helix +filter + few point checks. Total is $10bucks. Promo ends liao.

The 2nd workshop i went recently for the usual oil change...they running a NDP. $8bucks all in.

Cheers....

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I agreed. Marketing stunt to get in the traffic. Like the $10 promo shell helix oil promo i tried earlier.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Learn to change your own oil and basic items like spark plugs. Most of the servicing instructions are in the owners manual.

lapisgrater

Reaction score
Hi Guys,hope to seek everyone's advise on my car.i'm driving toyota wish realize during

like slow speed traffic(Custom Jam) 10-20kmph tend to hear noises like cranking or rather

a draggin sound especially drive to neutral mode or vice versa.not sure if it's coming

from underneath or bonnet .any idea what would be most likely causing this?

Problem is whenever i bring to workshop the noise somehow disappear/camouflage.

Sian....

Even if the sounds disappear “magically” when u’re at the car workshop, ur car mechanic shld be able to fix it no? If not, he/she obviously has to be fired for not doing his/her job well since he/she dosen’t know nuts???? Lol

Razorclaw2019

Reaction score
Where can i find online of the Audi A4 B8 1.8T maintenance schedule book ? Pardon if i ask at the wrong thread. Thanks if anyone can help !

evelyn0206

Reaction score
Can i ask what is the difference between workshops at gas stations eg. Shell autoserv and other private workshops?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.