[Recommend] Good Mechanical Keyboard

Shahmatt

Reaction score
I’m using Ducky. Just switch to layer 2, program the media functions to any F keys, then leave it on layer 2. Then simply press the F keys.

Thinking of buying Logitech G413. It says 12 programmable keys. Any idea if I can switch layers with this keyboard?

Shyn85

Reaction score
Thinking to buy new hyperx alloy elite rgb, got anyone own hyperx keyboard? any feedback?
33FCU2m.jpg

LKHqFYb.jpg

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this keyboard?
Massdrop x OLKB Planck Mechanical Keyboard Kit

MD-28284_20170301111943_d89baf77e80004fa_20170822153340.jpg

I would like a compact keyboard for work. I mainly type a lot of emails/reports. Don't really need numpad.

Would you recommend this?

What keys should I get with this?
office environment so I would prefer something quiet yet tactile. MX Brown/Clear or Matias Quiet Clicks?

Thank you in advance for your input.

I use hhkb keyboard pro type-s in office.

Buckbrick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking of buying Logitech G413. It says 12 programmable keys. Any idea if I can switch layers with this keyboard?

Logitech has a good macro system and proper software for it. Not sure how the keys work though or if they use layers. But i guess ‘layers’ and ‘config’ used in Logitech is the same thing.

Buckbrick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this keyboard?
Massdrop x OLKB Planck Mechanical Keyboard Kit

MD-28284_20170301111943_d89baf77e80004fa_20170822153340.jpg

I would like a compact keyboard for work. I mainly type a lot of emails/reports. Don't really need numpad.

Would you recommend this?

What keys should I get with this?
office environment so I would prefer something quiet yet tactile. MX Brown/Clear or Matias Quiet Clicks?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Comments say adapting to ortho kb is like relearning to type. You can watch reviews of the Planck on YouTube and see the hand positioning looks quite unnatural. As recommended, get a 60% board.

I’m using cherry browns in office and it’s perfectly fine. You can try cherry silent switches too.

Psycovirus

Reaction score
For work I prefer a full size. But it all depends on your work. For me I have to use the numpad.

If you don't mind investing I would recommend Topre switches instead. If you are long hours of typing, Topre do helps as it doesn't make your wrist or fingers too fatigue.

Try it out.

Else you might wanna get something like black switch mx keys. Hard to find in sg, but if you like it, order from Amazon.

Thank you for your input. never experienced Topre switches. will take a look.

Black switches seems to be linear, i'll look for tactile version of them, the clears...

You can try Vortex Core, Vortex Poker 3.

I think i found the perfect one... ikbc Poker 2 from taobao. Good price, Cherry MX browns. Thanks for the recommendations.

I use hhkb keyboard pro type-s in office.

HHKB is too premium for me. It's awesome little Keyboard but I can't justify the price yet. haha.

Comments say adapting to ortho kb is like relearning to type. You can watch reviews of the Planck on YouTube and see the hand positioning looks quite unnatural. As recommended, get a 60% board.

I’m using cherry browns in office and it’s perfectly fine. You can try cherry silent switches too.
Edit: I guess trying to get used to a different layout is going to slow down my typing speed until I get used to it... Which I do not have the time to practice...

Thanks. I am using Kailh red switches/cheapo taobao keyboard. Don't like how the keys feels flimsy. I would like to get the Cherry MX Browns or Clears. Thank you.

Thank you guys. I will order the ikbc poker 2 with usb type c, MX browns from... somewhere.

Last edited:

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your input. never experienced Topre switches. will take a look.

Black switches seems to be linear, i'll look for tactile version of them, the clears...

I think i found the perfect one... ikbc Poker 2 from taobao. Good price, Cherry MX browns. Thanks for the recommendations.

HHKB is too premium for me. It's awesome little Keyboard but I can't justify the price yet. haha.

Edit: I guess trying to get used to a different layout is going to slow down my typing speed until I get used to it... Which I do not have the time to practice...

Thanks. I am using Kailh red switches/cheapo taobao keyboard. Don't like how the keys feels flimsy. I would like to get the Cherry MX Browns or Clears. Thank you.

Thank you guys. I will order the ikbc poker 2 with usb type c, MX browns from... somewhere.

Topre also very premium haha

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

i'm looking around for a mechanical keyboard; this will be my first and i've done some reading up here and there and roughly know what i want!

1) after listening to the sounds, i prefer the cherry brown switches
2) i am not a gamer, more of a typist, and won't type so much either
3) don't need any macro switches
4) full keyboard with the numpad, preferably with the calculator button as well
5) not much preference if it's RGB or not

budget wise would be < $100 sgd if possible.

any advice? :o

Shahmatt

Reaction score
hey guys,

i'm looking around for a mechanical keyboard; this will be my first and i've done some reading up here and there and roughly know what i want!

You can try the ikbc td108 from Amazon.

I bought the cd108 a month ago with black keys. Very nice keyboard.

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
You can try the ikbc td108 from Amazon.

I bought the cd108 a month ago with black keys. Very nice keyboard.

hey bro, thanks for your reply! cool, just checked it out, looks suitable for my needs! it has blue led backlight?

by the way, you shipped via comgateway/vpost?

Shahmatt

Reaction score
hey bro, thanks for your reply! cool, just checked it out, looks suitable for my needs! it has blue led backlight?

by the way, you shipped via comgateway/vpost?

Yes blue backlight. I shipped using Amazon shipping. Total cost less than 100SGD.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

Tesoro Lobera RGB? Got mine from Shopee for less than $80. Has per Key RGB. I believe it's using Kailh Brown. Prefer it over the Gateron Brown.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 5 PLUS using GAGT

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
Tesoro Lobera RGB? Got mine from Shopee for less than $80. Has per Key RGB. I believe it's using Kailh Brown. Prefer it over the Gateron Brown.

hey bro, thanks! seems reasonable too!

anyone managed to find a simple single coloured backlit mechanical keyboard? or non coloured one? i have been finding and seems like most of their mechanical keyboards are bling bling rainbow... :s22:

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey bro, thanks! seems reasonable too!

anyone managed to find a simple single coloured backlit mechanical keyboard? or non coloured one? i have been finding and seems like most of their mechanical keyboards are bling bling rainbow... :s22:
Yep most mech kb are RGB now. But if only want single colour, can always set to any 1 colour.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah power sia.. haha

can i check when did you get it bro?

Before hwz review it. Not too long ago though.

The best part about tecware is
1. Can change keycap
2. Can change switch
3. Retain rgb settings whenever your pc your reboot
4. Compartment to keep the key puller together with the keyboard
5. Cheap
6. Local warranty
7. Comes with additional 4 switches for you to replace if needed

Most overpriced mech keyboard cant do these at all

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.