The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
What is qoo?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

Qoo10.sg

I rather u go msia buy branded ones with authenticity card.

Not asking u to spend 4 5 digit sum on glqsses like some ppl here.. End of the day not like their glasses can see thru clothes or see far far :s22:

Glasses for your eyes 1 gian on frame ok, but get btr lens.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, surely not see through clothes or can Poh mata alr!!
But they spend to Ensure the clarity of their vision is there and the cost is usually progressive lenses that is expensive which cause the grand damage to be high.. there are different kind of progressive lenses so.. until you reach that age(or if you already are) then you will experience it yourself when you wear it to see why some lenses are more expensive than the other.
When you say branded do you mean zeiss, Hoya essilor this kind? Spore also do give just that in earlier post I mentioned is that certain places you just have to request for it.
But then again, doesn't mean you have the card means it's real. Do you believe what you see on the card and know how to see from your lenses if it tallies?
There are pros and cons but ultimately still consumer choice!
Expensive frame is usually your choice and not the salesperson forcing it down our throats, thus you are right to say that can save on frame, but certain frames also quality is part of the reason why you pay more for them. You might have good experience with cheaper frames but I'm sure there are others who have bad. So advising others to save of frame not necessarily is the best choice. If we are more careless, cheap quality frames wont last much.
So take note!
Hope this helps!

Qoo10.sg

I rather u go msia buy branded ones with authenticity card.

Not asking u to spend 4 5 digit sum on glqsses like some ppl here.. End of the day not like their glasses can see thru clothes or see far far :s22:

Glasses for your eyes 1 gian on frame ok, but get btr lens.

Halo green

Banned
Reaction score
, just made glasses and the optician ask me if i want progressive lens?
but must top up $100

gansterkia, is it worth?

Windowlover

Reaction score
Looking for a sunglass ? Any recommendation as popular is RayBan. But already have it years back. Thought of changing to other brand.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you know what brand of the lenses is it? And when you top up what's the total damage??
What index of lens are you getting too?1.5,1.53? 1.6?1.67?1.74?

, just made glasses and the optician ask me if i want progressive lens?
but must top up $100

gansterkia, is it worth?

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Owndays.............
index is subjective to your degree. Brand is depending on what kind of work priorities you have before it's decided for you.
Is this your first pair of progressive?

i didnt ask. made my specs in owndays

what index brand is ideal?

Halo green

Banned
Reaction score
Owndays.............
index is subjective to your degree. Brand is depending on what kind of work priorities you have before it's decided for you.
Is this your first pair of progressive?
yes. first pair
got astig and short-sightedness in left eye

if for normal daily life and work should i get it

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Have you considered trying other brand of lenses?? I think you go Google on edmw/this subforum on comments of certain brand progressive lenses then you decide.
Progressive yes will be good for you if you get the right pair.

yes. first pair
got astig and short-sightedness in left eye

if for normal daily life and work should i get it

MindHunter

Banned
Reaction score
Hoya has 3 tier of lenses. The most expensive being the one with hvll coating, followed by stellify with hvp coating and finally Pentax with their INC coating. Pentax is the more Budget one, stellify is affordable and what I am using now.
However I have another frame which is using the hvll coating and an anti fatigue lens.

Also as I always mentioned, I am not a sensitive to clarity vision kind of person so between hvll and hvp I have no preference. Even the index 1.55 and 1.6 which usually have slight difference in abbé value also doesn't affect me. But of course probably my degree also 300 not that bad..

wat is anti fatigue lens?

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for budget $100 and $200?
Lens + Frame = $100
and
Lens + Frame = $200

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Want to make lens but kwong shin close until next week. Any other shop to recommend? Making zeiss. Thanks.

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GANGSTERKIA has specs shop?
I need make new specs and dont mind sapport forumer :s12:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks thanks! But if location not convenient I can always recommend you somewhere near your preferred location.
Btw just a worker not owning one👌☝️

GANGSTERKIA has specs shop?
I need make new specs and dont mind sapport forumer :s12:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry forgot to add! I can't help if it's Malaysia!

I work at around Thomson area. It's not the cheapest but not the most expensive.
If you prefer doing at Malaysia, I won't be able to match the price that you get there but I can only make up for it in service.😊

so ur shop where? Cheap anot?

If reco msia where would u reco?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.