Where to tailor clothes =D - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just collected my shirts for CNY done @PA. Very happy with their price and fit.
On one hand, want to help promote them. On the other, scared their business get so good that they no time for small customer like me. :D
Post pictures! Good things must share!

Sent from This Is A Forum Bruh, Unstick Your Panties Before Replying using GAGT

swirl360

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually most of the branded fabrics aren't exclusive to specific tailors, if that's what's important to you.

I find that the tailor's ability to fit and QC more important than whether work is done in-house also.

You can dictate style and the fabric you want but not how hard a tailor works behind the scenes for you.

Sent from This Is A Forum Bruh, Unstick Your Panties Before Replying using GAGT
Thanks bro

Sent from HUAWEI STF-AL10 using GAGT

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just collected a $1250 suit with one of the "mid-tier" tailors which was highly recommended on this thread. Even after multiple attempts were made to rectify very prominent shoulder divots (even when arms are by the side, at rest), there has been little improvement to the problem :( I will say that the rest of the suit fits reasonably well. I had no such issues with my other suits made by Iris tailor (Nani) a few years ago. Is there anyone here who has faced and rectified a similar shoulder-divot problem? I would be grateful for any help on this matter as i try to salvage this suit. Will post pics later.
Who's the tailor. Help another forum member out so they won't end up in the same boat.

If the suit was cut too small most likely it can't be salvaged

Sent from this is a forum bruh, unstick your panties before replying using GAGT

Last edited:

arcfire

Master Member
Reaction score
I just collected a $1250 suit with one of the "mid-tier" tailors which was highly recommended on this thread. Even after multiple attempts were made to rectify very prominent shoulder divots (even when arms are by the side, at rest), there has been little improvement to the problem :( I will say that the rest of the suit fits reasonably well. I had no such issues with my other suits made by Iris tailor (Nani) a few years ago. Is there anyone here who has faced and rectified a similar shoulder-divot problem? I would be grateful for any help on this matter as i try to salvage this suit. Will post pics later.

Pics 1st..

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how much does a suit made from 130s loro piana or similar zenga cloth cost to make in sg? fully canvassed..

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how much does a suit made from 130s loro piana or similar zenga cloth cost to make in sg? fully canvassed..
Pricing depends on the tailor you visit as well.

No exp with high end fabrics, but $2k should be a comfortable budget at a mid tier tailor for an entry level branded fabric canvassed suit.

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pricing depends on the tailor you visit as well.

No exp with high end fabrics, but $2k should be a comfortable budget at a mid tier tailor for an entry level branded fabric canvassed suit.

Just commissioned a set at around 1.5k from a mid-end tailor in HK that built its reputation on not outsourcing to baotous or China.. will update on how it turns out if anyone is interested.. WW Chan and Ascot Chang quoted me well more than double for the same fabric, geesh.

virex861

Reaction score
anyone tried Perfect Attire Pte Ltd?

just found this tailor from facebook ads, read the fb reviews, and almost everyone gave a 5.

Just wondering if anyone on hwz has tried Perfect Attire Pte Ltd, and can comment on the quality of their shirts/suits/pants?

here is their pricing for their 2 pc suits which i thought was super competitive:

HOUSE ESSENTIALS
Wool Blend
SGD 450

100% WOOL
SGD 550

DRAGO COLLECTION (Italy)
Super 120s – Super 160s
SGD 750 – SGD 1400

for reference:
https://www.facebook.com/PerfectAttireMTM/
https://www.perfectattire.com/about-us/

RyuShinEX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how are these tailors, este bartin, lee alterations & mr gentleman singapore? always see them in fb ad spot

yamashita

Reaction score
how are these tailors, este bartin, lee alterations & mr gentleman singapore? always see them in fb ad spot

My Este Bartin tailored shirts, the buttons kept dropping out due to poor stitching. I had the buttons re-stitched elsewhere and no more issue now.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cheap things are really very rarely good.

yamashita

Reaction score
they made me a shirt with an unfinished cuff - no buttons and no button holes. that was back in 2016.

That's rather bad.

The first issue I had was the back darts weren't stitched properly. The first time I worn my shirt, the back darts unstitched on its own and it was rather embarassing as I was already in the office. I am slim built so it's definitely not due to body fats.

The second issue I had was thread securing the buttons came out on its own. Not one button, not one occasion, but a few buttons over several occasions.

Even though they were prompt in responding via Whatsapp on my issues and provided free sewing, it's rather inconvenient for me to travel through and forth just for the repair work.

I went to a alteration shop and have my buttons re-sewed, didn't face any issue thereafter. I believe their tailor isn't doing a good job and QC is non-existent.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Master Member
Reaction score
That's rather bad.

The first issue I had was the back darts weren't stitched properly. The first time I worn my shirt, the back darts unstitched on its own and it was rather embarassing as I was already in the office. I am slim built so it's definitely not due to body fats.

The second issue I had was thread securing the buttons came out on its own. Not one button, not one occasion, but a few buttons over several occasions.

Even though they were prompt in responding via Whatsapp on my issues and provided free sewing, it's rather inconvenient for me to travel through and forth just for the repair work.

I went to a alteration shop and have my buttons re-sewed, didn't face any issue thereafter. I believe their tailor isn't doing a good job and QC is non-existent.

well, that said, the pants i made with them were pretty decent for that price point.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Este Bartin tailored shirts, the buttons kept dropping out due to poor stitching. I had the buttons re-stitched elsewhere and no more issue now.

Heng didn’t go to them. Since CNY almost over, time for me to go Lai En soon! Lol! Bought quite a fair bit of fabric from Europe

MistralWorks

Reaction score
Hello guys,

i have a budget of max 1200.
am deciding between Qmenswear and CYC.

Anyone able to help me make a decision or have other considerations for me to ponder about first ?

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://robbreport.com.sg/2018/01/25/mtm-suit-kayjen-dylan/

Writeup on KJD for those who are interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.