[Official] Monster Hunter World discussion thread

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need to see their skills. xeno set not very good for melee.

example mix and match i got earplug5, handicraft4, weak exploit3 (w/o gems). personally i feel very much better then xeno set alot (for melee).

PS. recommend everyone go experience earplug. now i can't live w/o earplug. its either 0 or 5, don't bother with lv2/3/4.

But if mix and match, the total defense not very high?

Greenworm

Reaction score
Hey there,

Try not to focus too much on defense first, put em on 2nd priority because later on you can upgrade it with armor sphere to compensate the lower defence.

Try to mix and match armor for now like for example i have three pieces of Teostra piece to provide me with the what’s called the Teostra Technique which cause my weapon to not lose sharpness upon critical hits, also it has maxed out weakness and exploit which cause hits to the weak parts of the monster to be have increased critical chances.

For my head armor i chose the glasses that gives three points into my Expert skills which gives me more chances to get a critical hit.

Next is my charm i too also chose the master’s charm and fully upgrade it to level 3 and it also adds another three points into expert, even more critical chances!

Lastly my chest gives me faster stamina recovery or constitution to reduce stamina drain speed.

Most of this armor guide can be found online so go ahead and copy them like how we roll!

Regarding the mix and match of armour set, is it necessary or can I just go for a full set of a particular armour? Let’s say I have the full xeno armour which is the highest defense armour I can crafft now.

belmonte

Reaction score
any squad to join? :s12:
HR 6x main lancer here
din read the entire thread spend more time gaming :s13:
or can pm me ur psn id i add
thanks!

Paper_Dragon

Reaction score
Just beat the HR100 optional quest fighting 3 elder dragons. Now really nothing left for me to do other than to grind for hero's streamstone to upgrade my weapons. So far I have 4 stones and none for bow or switchaxe. Stupid rng.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Greenworm

Reaction score
Did you try out the newly available charms?

Just beat the HR100 optional quest fighting 3 elder dragons. Now really nothing left for me to do other than to grind for hero's streamstone to upgrade my weapons. So far I have 4 stones and none for bow or switchaxe. Stupid rng.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Greenworm

Reaction score
I copied from the internet,

Gale Charm : Affinity Sliding, Airborne (Research Comission Ticketx1, Odagoron Gem x1, Legiana Gem x1, Dragoncore Ore x2) --Light Brown Glow

WyrmSlayer Charm : Elderseal Boost, Dragon Attack 1 (Research Commision Ticket x1, Xeno'jiiva Gem x1, Vaal Hazak Talon x1, Dragoncore Ore x2 ) --Red Glow

Bulwark Charm : Guard Up, Resuscitate ( Research Comission Ticket x1, Majestic Horn x2, Black spiral horn+ x2, Dragoncore Ore x2) --Purple glow

Penetration Charm : Piercing Shots ( Research Comission Ticket x1, Xeno'jiiva Gem x1, Xeno'jiiva Tail x3, Dragoncore x1) --Blue Necklace

Dispersal Charm : Spread/Power Shots (Research Comission Ticket x1, Nergigante Gem x1, Nergigante Tail x3, Dragoncore Orex1) -- Green Necklace

Looking real good sia!

what are those charms??

dio brando

Master Member
Reaction score
Nergigante weapon seems quite good stats?

yea its good, straight away high blue sharpness. for some weapons i feel xeno series is better. 2x 3slot gem hole. u're technically wearing bazelgeuse head/or belt (earplug2), or kushala body (handicraft2) on your weapon...

Paper_Dragon

Reaction score
can share your bow build

Cera Coilbender
Kadachi Helm Beta
Kaiser Mail Beta
Kaiser Vambraces Alpha
Rath Soul Coil Alpha
Diablos Nero Greaves Beta
Attack Charm III
Affinity Booster
Vitality Mantle

Decorations:
Expert Jewel
Attack Jewel
Tenderizer Jewel
Vitality Jewel x3
Elementless Jewel

This is not optimal due to me refusing to use the fugly Dragon King Eyepatch. Fashion hunter FTW.

I get my Weakness Exploit from Kaiser Vambraces + Jewel to get lvl 3. If you use the Eye Patch, you can get replace Kaiser Vambraces with something else with lvl 2 gem slot to put Mighty Bow jewel (which I also have).

Diablos Nero Greaves can be interchanged with Lavasioth greaves which gives Spread/Power Shot instead of the Normal Shots. I chose the Diablos greaves as you will fire more normal shots than Dragon Piercer, and my Dragon Piercer is already boosted. Max damage dragon piercer looks really good if you're showing off in Youtube videos but it's not really needed.

The Vitality gems are just filler. Ideally, I would put 4x Attack gems and use Fitness charm instead, so that I can spam arrows like nobody's business. I only have 2 Attack Gems now since they are quite rare. If you are really anal about your Affinity, you can slot 5 Expert Jewels. If you Augment your weapon, you can cancel out the -ve Affinity of the Diablos bow completely. Meanwhile the Affinity Booster still works wonders.

Against specific enemies like Kirin or Vaal Hazark, you can easily swap out those filler slots with Resistance gems. This setup already has decent Fire & Thunder resist, and no negative as Dragon which are the 3 most important Element you should watch out.

You can see my damage is 323 which is considered very high for a bow. This build is to max raw damage with the Diablos bow.

qs48p1.jpg

1565s2d.jpg

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Vaal Hazak Armor has an absolutely insane set bonus. Having at least three pieces of the armor on gives you passive health regeneration at all times. While that may not seem earth-shattering on paper, it gets crazy when you take certain modifiers into account.

The Recovery Speed armor skill directly affects the health regeneration effect, which seems completely intentional considering the Alpha Vaal Hazak set has several points of it. For those unaware, Recovery Speed dramatically increases how quickly the red bit of your health bar regenerates, so seeing that crazy regenerative effect carry over to the rest of the health bar is dizzying, to say the least.

On top of all that, the Alpha set even has a skill called Full Charge, which increases your attack power at maximum health. Since you'll be at full health a lot with this armor, the skill is actually enticing and really rounds out an already nice set. It's definitely a set that's well worth the grind.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.