Lenovo Tab 4 and Tab 4 Plus Tablets (8" and 10", Wifi-only and LTE)

hotpick

Reaction score
Yeah not sure how they managed to sell it so cheap. Saw the review by TechTablets, he paid over 200USD for it.

Both have similar specs, 625, 1200p ips display, fingerprint sensor. U believe xiaoxin is for China only. Tab 4 Plus is for ROTW. But xiaoxin back is made of plastic instead of glass on the Tab 4 Plus.

Not sure whether brand new, used or refurbished. But it came applied with a screen protector. The box has no label whatsoever. Maybe they used the box of refurbished Tab 4 Plus?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 5 PLUS using GAGT

If it is a new set, $103 is definately a good buy even for a Wifi version...It is very common for China consumer to return their mobile device set especially for those buy from JD (nick name 二手东)and Taobao..thus lots of return set (in different grades) floating around their market..

From user here and Xda forum, seems like these sellers are just simply flash the 8704 rom over to XiaoXin tab (8804) whereas its recovery img still remain as 8804 thus fail the OTA that comes as 8704..apparently they dun have a way to install the google gapps on the China set and just simply make use of the 8704 global rom instead and they dun test the set and just ignore those reported youtube n sound issue.

Last edited:

kwsam9

Reaction score
for the 16gb version, how much left is usable?

If I recall correctly, about 9GB. But I added a 32GB card and configured as system memory, so no problem with ROM memory there.

FYI, when you insert a memory card, you will be prompted whether to setup as system memory or external removable memory.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, about 9GB. But I added a 32GB card and configured as system memory, so no problem with ROM memory there.

FYI, when you insert a memory card, you will be prompted whether to setup as system memory or external removable memory.

Last time I setup at system memory, seems like very sluggish. Is there a stylus for Lenovo tab 4 Plus? I am told there is a stylus version

creative11112004

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

thanks for the clarification, i will seriously consider getting it from amazon then as i do not require high spec but i need more memory.:o:o

kwsam9

Reaction score
Last time I setup at system memory, seems like very sluggish. Is there a stylus for Lenovo tab 4 Plus? I am told there is a stylus version

Yes, you need a higher speed micro sd card. Otherwise it can get a little sluggish for those apps that are installed on the sd card. The latest high speed sd card should be ok.

I have not come across any stylus for the Tab 4 10 Plus.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, you need a higher speed micro sd card. Otherwise it can get a little sluggish for those apps that are installed on the sd card. The latest high speed sd card should be ok.

I have not come across any stylus for the Tab 4 10 Plus.

Any recommendation for SD card?

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for SD card?
A U3 card if possible.
GoCNgqWl.jpg

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got google play store or not?

Yes there's Google Play Store. I'm able to install apps like AnTuTu & CPU-Z on it. But YouTube dose not work. Keep on crashing. Told the seller about it and he told me to bring it back for him to check. I'll be bringing my set back tml to let him test.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If it is a new set, $103 is definately a good buy even for a Wifi version...It is very common for China consumer to return their mobile device set especially for those buy from JD (nick name 二手东)and Taobao..thus lots of return set (in different grades) floating around their market..

From user here and Xda forum, seems like these sellers are just simply flash the 8704 rom over to XiaoXin tab (8804) whereas its recovery img still remain as 8804 thus fail the OTA that comes as 8704..apparently they dun have a way to install the google gapps on the China set and just simply make use of the 8704 global rom instead and they dun test the set and just ignore those reported youtube n sound issue.

You can check the manufacturing date, if there is one printed on the box.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm at the shop right now. The guy told me that if don't sign in Google play account, YouTube can work.
5w04jFIl.jpg

As for the headphone jack issue, no solution for it yet. He said that if I want a refund, have to contact Shopee 1st because he does not know how the refund process in Shopee work unlike Qoo10.

hotpick

Reaction score
You can check the manufacturing date, if there is one printed on the box.

If the SN available and intact, most likely can check thru Lenovo CN support website

http://support.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/wsi/Modules/Newbxpz.aspx#

Basically just to tell if it is genuine by Lenovo, what model, when warranty start/end, active/not active (could be activated by reseller), service status if available..etc

Ok I'm at the shop right now. The guy told me that if don't sign in Google play account, YouTube can work.
5w04jFIl.jpg

As for the headphone jack issue, no solution for it yet. He said that if I want a refund, have to contact Shopee 1st because he does not know how the refund process in Shopee work unlike Qoo10.

Most users feedback that youtube issue is due to version incompatability..they just root it and replace with the latest youtube app to make it work..If you keen to keep the set perhaps can ask the guy to replace the youtube app for u instead of do it yourself since ur there..forget it if ur going for refund then..

Last edited:

hotpick

Reaction score
hihi, for those who bought it from amazon may i check with you the wifi version in US is call Tab 4 8 while the lte version is call the tab 4 plus 8?

wifi

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Andro...=8-1-spons&keywords=lenovo+tab+4+8+plus&psc=1

lte

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Andro...r=8-1-spons&keywords=lenovo+tab+4+8+plus&th=1

Yes, US Amazon LTE is with plus..take note that its plus is only with 2GB ram 16GB storage...8 plus lowest before ard USD 199 while 10 plus ard USD 230 if not mistaken..from the current price tag, 10 plus sounds more worth it if u dun mind 2GB ram, also the LTE is only for mobile data and no phone function and its back cover finish is like the P8 and not the glass type.

Last edited:

bobaccord

Reaction score
Just curious why no one consider buying local set from Lenovo? Is it too expensive? Overseas models seem to have a bit of problems here and there.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious why no one consider buying local set from Lenovo? Is it too expensive? Overseas models seem to have a bit of problems here and there.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

me.... getting local set from qoo10 from official lenovo... but they are bloody @#$%ing slow in processing....

regards,
wacky

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Local retailer not selling it?

got... i got saw units on display at the bugis shop.. but qoo10 got $30 coupon plus u can buy gift cards for additional 3% off $400 lor... so it's cheaper than buying from retailer...

regards,
wacky

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If the SN available and intact, most likely can check thru Lenovo CN support website

http://support.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/wsi/Modules/Newbxpz.aspx#

Basically just to tell if it is genuine by Lenovo, what model, when warranty start/end, active/not active (could be activated by reseller), service status if available..etc

Most users feedback that youtube issue is due to version incompatability..they just root it and replace with the latest youtube app to make it work..If you keen to keep the set perhaps can ask the guy to replace the youtube app for u instead of do it yourself since ur there..forget it if ur going for refund then..

Anyone bought the set from shoppe with 30% off? YouTube also FUBAR!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.