Huawei P20. The Triple Threat!

Chai_Latte

Reaction score
Invite seems to confirm the P20 and P20 Plus 3 main cameras.

Huawei-P20-Invite.jpg

P20 Lite will most likely get dual camera only and a notch up front.

huawei-p20-lite-weibo.jpg

The third camera is rumoured to be 5x zoom.

I was hoping for a superwide camera like the LG V30. Maybe an improvement can be made to one of their "older" camera.

Other rumoured details;

Processor: Huawei Kirin 970
Octa-core CPU (4 Cortex A73 2.36 GHz + 4 Cortex A53 1.8 GHz) + i7 co-processor + NPU

Camera: Primary: Triple-lens 40 MP setup with 5x hybrid zoom (Leica-branded)
Secondary: 24 MP

143316-phones-feature-p20-schematics-leaked-image1-be4xvquwk2.jpg

ThinkMe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol another phone to get the 'fringe' hope it doesnt become a trend..

:s22:

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What notch.

Sent from LG V30 Plus (V30+) #RaspberryRose ~ Red, Red, Red ~ using GAGT

Chai_Latte

Reaction score
Wtf y need 5x zoom?

If the quality is good, I don't mind. Still prefer super wide angle, maybe for people who love taking landscape shots.

No P11 to P19?

Some articles said that they are skipping those to show a big leap in phone technology.

I dunno, I would think a big leap for mobile at this moment would be a flexible screen that have good user experience design, properly incorporated with the camera module, long life battery, etc.

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Current huawei mate 10 and p10 have narrow angel compared to Sony. Maybe the 3rd lens provide ultra wide angel?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Current huawei mate 10 and p10 have narrow angel compared to Sony. Maybe the 3rd lens provide ultra wide angel?
It's said that of the three lens, one will be colored, one will be monochrome and one will be telephoto.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5x optical or digital zoom? Given the slimness, all these zoom technology is usually using some kind of trick to give it that supposed optical zoom effect.

I feel 3x camera is really overkill. Last time was mega pixel race, and now is number of camera race. :s22:

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my 13 years old 903sh already got 2x optical zoom
so not "optical effect" only i guess....

but spec wise not a big leap to me

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5x optical or digital zoom? Given the slimness, all these zoom technology is usually using some kind of trick to give it that supposed optical zoom effect.

I feel 3x camera is really overkill. Last time was mega pixel race, and now is number of camera race. :s22:

If not really won't have difference and then marketing also can't make it attractive to sell

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.