Working Holiday in Australia

yangsss

Reaction score
it will be fun with the backpackers. u get to earn $$$ and holiday at the same time. but if u really chiong, u can earn shiploads of $$$.

there's a lot of taiwanese and HK backpackers here on WHV.

but please please please make sure you are not being exploited.

girls beware of dodgy rural farm owners who are always looking out to prey on females. very high level for sexual assault and harassment esp u are in regional and rural farm areas.

but if u play it well, u will enjoy the full holiday working period in here AUS.

1 couple we know, travels around AUS in season. Like Tassie cherries,strawberries seasons, they go Tassie. then switch QLD, NT..etc

I saw their payslips once when they at a lamb abbatoir. :eek:

the girl somemore is stationed to the break-neck section where she needs to only press a button and the machine clamps the lamb and breaks the neck off. she say starting v gruesome but got used to it because money is good. owner pays legit super with payslips and bank transfer.

HenrikCWT

Reaction score
it will be fun with the backpackers. u get to earn $$$ and holiday at the same time. but if u really chiong, u can earn shiploads of $$$.

there's a lot of taiwanese and HK backpackers here on WHV.

but please please please make sure you are not being exploited.

girls beware of dodgy rural farm owners who are always looking out to prey on females. very high level for sexual assault and harassment esp u are in regional and rural farm areas.

but if u play it well, u will enjoy the full holiday working period in here AUS.

1 couple we know, travels around AUS in season. Like Tassie cherries,strawberries seasons, they go Tassie. then switch QLD, NT..etc

I saw their payslips once when they at a lamb abbatoir. :eek:

the girl somemore is stationed to the break-neck section where she needs to only press a button and the machine clamps the lamb and breaks the neck off. she say starting v gruesome but got used to it because money is good. owner pays legit super with payslips and bank transfer.

Thanks for the info!

And I have been travelling for 2 years all around the World including spending half a year in NZ for WH before so I know how not to get rip off in other countries. Thanks for the heads up and or course girls as usual, take extra care of yourself.

Can you recommend websites to find jobs for WHV in Australia? Thanks!

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
which part of oz do u wanna start? i am not sure abt where to get a job TBH. and also what sort of jobs u r after. cafe or abbatoir....

yangsss

Reaction score

HenrikCWT

Reaction score
which part of oz do u wanna start? i am not sure abt where to get a job TBH. and also what sort of jobs u r after. cafe or abbatoir....

I have no idea, I just got my visa and not rushing to go over. Anyway, I have one year to enter the country . I plan to do some travelling in Africa or Europe before heading over to earn some money.

And I don't think I want to do any jobs related to cafe because I don't plan to stay in a city!

HenrikCWT

Reaction score

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
I have no idea, I just got my visa and not rushing to go over. Anyway, I have one year to enter the country . I plan to do some travelling in Africa or Europe before heading over to earn some money.

And I don't think I want to do any jobs related to cafe because I don't plan to stay in a city!
for a fact, the new season picking for apples has began. unfortunately i hv no direct contacts for u, but do have a own search on apple/oranges orchards in Murray river region

so currently it is apple and then oranges then avocados all the way till end sept where the peak picking ends

HenrikCWT

Reaction score
for a fact, the new season picking for apples has began. unfortunately i hv no direct contacts for u, but do have a own search on apple/oranges orchards in Murray river region

so currently it is apple and then oranges then avocados all the way till end sept where the peak picking ends

Thanks for the info!
What is the minimum wage in Australia now?

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
i heard it is ard 17aud? pls dun take my word for it. this one forumer SGmale have better idea than i am

if u really really cannot find a way in, pop the qn here. i din quite offer to ask for u becos it is a bit of a twist and turn and other various reasons, i apologise :(

Last edited:

HenrikCWT

Reaction score
i heard it is ard 17aud? pls dun take my word for it. this one forumer SGmale have better idea than i am

if u really really cannot find a way in, pop the qn here. i din quite offer to ask for u becos it is a bit of a twist and turn and other various reasons, i apologise :(

17 AUD after tax?
Anyway no worries, I am not in a rush to go there anyway, just to get some basic info.

Thanks anyway!

Curiousboy93

Reaction score
17 AUD after tax?
Anyway no worries, I am not in a rush to go there anyway, just to get some basic info.

Thanks anyway!

Hey Henrik, looking to apply for the Aussie WHV, was wondering do you pay the 400+ visa fee regardless? Like even if u dont get in?

Zaedalus

Reaction score
Anybody got their VISAs approved? Just got my approval and looking for anyone to plan or discuss together!

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
You have to pay during application, I don't think they refund even if you fail..

For a lot of visas in Australia, you don't get a refund if you fail. It helps make sure people are only applying when they are eligible and have the required documentation. A bit like a filtering tool.

BlurKillerEX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For a lot of visas in Australia, you don't get a refund if you fail. It helps make sure people are only applying when they are eligible and have the required documentation. A bit like a filtering tool.

But it's not easy to fail lah, they don't immediately fail you but instead give you chance. When I went there I told them I haven't done medical checkup, missing one document(academic transcript) and didn't have proof of funds. They then gave me a list of place to do the checkup, then I simply email them my transcript and proof of funds. Everything quite smooth overall

Bionicx

Reaction score
Anybody got their VISAs approved? Just got my approval and looking for anyone to plan or discuss together!

Hi Zaedalus, can i ask when did you apply and how long it took for yours to be processed? Was thinking of applying later this year but not too sure whats the take up rate and does the slots get filled up fast. You mentioned that you just got it so did you only applied recently?

cesc88

Reaction score
Hello peeps! I just got my visa approved. Anyone going in the next month or so? :s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.