The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Halo green

Banned
Reaction score
is this normal for a first timer wearing specs?
wore my specs for 1 day, reach home take off felt the strain in my eyes

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
What kind of glasses are you using? Single vision or progressive?
Have you tried the power in the spectacle shop before making? Any idea what is the power of your glasses now?
Any differences if you pull the glasses slightly further away from your face or is the glasses alr sitting further from your face??

is this normal for a first timer wearing specs?
wore my specs for 1 day, reach home take off felt the strain in my eyes

Halo green

Banned
Reaction score
What kind of glasses are you using? Single vision or progressive?
Have you tried the power in the spectacle shop before making? Any idea what is the power of your glasses now?
Any differences if you pull the glasses slightly further away from your face or is the glasses alr sitting further from your face??
Wha power??? Should be single vision

Amigogo

Master Member
Reaction score
any specs shop near west side to recommend?

ask my fren, he jus tell me go the nearest owndays do la, chop chop settle...

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Yikes! Like overrated man imo hah. If you like chicken rice, I think their basement Kopitiam got some famous chicken rice that I eat when I use to work at that area. Same level as jamco too.

Thanks! That’s far! But also a good excuse to go Jiak Katong laksa!

Handsomegorgor

Reaction score
Ordered a pair at Northpoint Glimpse branch a week ago but till now no calls yet. They said need to wait for awhile due to my high astigmatism. But one week seemed a bit long.

Anyone tried Glimpse?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
How high is your astig?
And may I ask how was your astig tested? Just by a machine or the usual way of looking at Dots and shown different lenses to make them darker/sharper?
Sometimes certain brand of lenses have to be ordered overseas. So just wait awhile longer see how, shouldn't take more than 10days usually:)

Ordered a pair at Northpoint Glimpse branch a week ago but till now no calls yet. They said need to wait for awhile due to my high astigmatism. But one week seemed a bit long.

Anyone tried Glimpse?

Handsomegorgor

Reaction score
600+...the manual way of looking at dots.

Really uh...been a week already. Scare later suddenly kena chop :spin:

How high is your astig?
And may I ask how was your astig tested? Just by a machine or the usual way of looking at Dots and shown different lenses to make them darker/sharper?
Sometimes certain brand of lenses have to be ordered overseas. So just wait awhile longer see how, shouldn't take more than 10days usually:)

rollanddie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How high is your astig?
Hi, which way to test for astig is more accurate?

The machine or the manual way?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Wa your astig so high! Most lens up to 400-500 astig usually. Certain Brand’s got go to 900. But very few. I believe that's why so Long. At most you can Ring them up and check! Shouldn't kenna!

600+...the manual way of looking at dots.

Really uh...been a week already. Scare later suddenly kena chop :spin:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.