Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

mathew_soon

Reaction score
is the heart rate monitor really work? i saw some review on bragi and user are complaining about the HRM function...

I used the Jabra Eilte Sport. It has HRM inbuilt and its pretty accurate.
Its water resistant not water proof, so Bragi has a positive for that.
BUT, i tried swimming with various water proof in-ears and they are freaking uncomfortable.
Pressure changes and music quality just drop. So in the end, I do not recommend in-ear for swimming. (I use bone conductor device hooked onto my googles to play music while I swim)

mathew_soon

Reaction score
Just did a test on Jabra Elite 65t at Stereo in Vivo.

As I use Jabra Elite Sport, I can do a direct comparison. For others, I based upon my previous testing impressions. Again, these are my personal views, and sound preference.

Primarily, I use TW for sports. Be it running, gym, etc. So the music choice is not exactly audiophile type (I have Audeze/Chord Hugo/Mojo for audiophile listening)

65t compared with Elite Sports
- Longer batt life. 5hrs compared to 3.
- Fits much better and quicker than Elite Sports
- Sound quality, mid and highs are fantastic. Crisp. Bass is addictive "enough" to push you while you exercise.
- Lighter than Elite Sports
- Connection is BT 5.0. No drops on first quick connection.
- No HRM, and no connection to Jabra Sport app for workouts/runs/coach. (I actually grown to like this)

Is it a replacement, not really, is it an upgrade, depends on what you use it for.

Compared 65t to Bose SoundSport Free, better seal, better NC. Bose has creamier mids, 65T has better bass and trebles. Looks wise, 65t makes sense, Bose dangles outside of your ear.

B&O E8 : I tried this twice from the shop. 65t basically sounds better. I feel it fits better than E8 (maybe its how my ear shaped). E8 sounds muddy. Lesser dynamics, even with the BEOPLAY app adjusting the characteristics of the E8 (I use P2, loved it for travels, that is why I know the app)

JBL Under Armour : The older one, fits bad, but sounded bass heavy and suited for gym and workout. 65t sounded more balance compared to that.

Jaybird Freedom 1 : Fits bad compared to 65t. Sounded great for its size, but faulty battery lasted only 2-3 weeks before it died. Exchanged it once and it died after 2x use. I moved to Jabra ever since. This has a wire linking both L & R, don't like it as compared to TW.

Apollo 7s : Fits ok, amazingly small. Sound is bit more muddy compared to 65t. Batt is only 2hrs-3hrs. Its pricey.

I did not test Youtube playback and delays as that is not usually what I do with this type of headset.
I wanted to but could not test the voice call capabilities of 65t (heard raving reviews on that one). It uses 2 mics.

Ok, here are just my short take on this. Will I get 65t? very likely. Jabra sports app is great if I can still use it, if not, i just use it with my Apple Watch. It works too. The sound is suited to my taste when doing sports, the batt life is great. If the voice calls is what it had been reviews, that would be great plus for me as I can use it for my freq concalls.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used the Jabra Eilte Sport. It has HRM inbuilt and its pretty accurate.
Its water resistant not water proof, so Bragi has a positive for that.
BUT, i tried swimming with various water proof in-ears and they are freaking uncomfortable.
Pressure changes and music quality just drop. So in the end, I do not recommend in-ear for swimming. (I use bone conductor device hooked onto my googles to play music while I swim)

i used elite sports (1st gen) as well...almost come to 1 year...the battery life start to deteriorate like really just 3 hours then gg :(

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So my Icon X 2018 arrived last night.

Fit is good. I used the default that comes with the buds.

Charging case uses USB Type C, which is good as almost all my devices are on Type C now except my Anker Power bank.

The onboard 4gb is good for occasions that you don't want to bring your phone along or phone is down on battery.

Have been listening from phone streaming (Poweramp, not online streaming services) for the past 20 mins+ and hadn't experienced any disconnection.

But, music does sound a bit flat. Have tried fiddling with the Eq settings in Poweramp but no help so far. Still acceptable to me. I'm not an audiophile. Battery life is more important to me.

Still can hear the train arriving at the mrt platform but a lot is blocked out. And the freedom from wire is great. Brings back the feeling when I first got my fake Studio Wireless.

Touch to inc / dec volume is flaky. Kept activating the pause instead.

For $213 (local warranty by Samsung 1 year), I like it so far. As for battery life, no much comment yet as today is first real use. And I think whenever the buds are in the case, it starts charging. It stops charging when full and light goes off. This is good for me as as long as there 2-3 hours battery life in it, it's acceptable for me. I don't usually listen for longer than that.

gyrael

Reaction score
So my IconX 2018 that I placed order for on 4/2 in Qoo10 (Seller: Gold Medal, anyone has experience with this seller?) had been stuck at Shipping Requested. Not getting this by CNY, while not life and death, will be very irritating as I'm going on a trip and being to bring it along will be a bonus. I had just told them that if it's not delivered by CNY when reviews are saying that deliver are done in 2-3 days, then I'm going to charge back it.

Is your order for grey color or black? I ordered mine on January and topped up $15 for it, until now it's still on Shipping Requested. They offered me grey color without refund but I said I'll wait for the black one.

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is your order for grey color or black? I ordered mine on January and topped up $15 for it, until now it's still on Shipping Requested. They offered me grey color without refund but I said I'll wait for the black one.

Ordered Black as well. He replied me in the night that I cancelled my purchase.

Made my purchase on 16/2 through JT Mobile and got it yesterday. Black colour. Reasonable as they are closed for CNY from 16/2 to 21/2 (I think).

kohkindachi

Reaction score
Ordered Black as well. He replied me in the night that I cancelled my purchase.

Made my purchase on 16/2 through JT Mobile and got it yesterday. Black colour. Reasonable as they are closed for CNY from 16/2 to 21/2 (I think).
HI where can I find jt mobile?

SuperDecker

Reaction score
Got the Jabra Elite 65t and used for a day. The left earbud has some connectivity issues, music will drop for a split second. Happened a few times. And once, the left earbud totally no music at all, can only control the volume. Reset it a few times, put back into case and put it on again to resolve it. Just for this, not quite a good experience overall.

The sound quality was good for me, not an audiophile. Comfort wise, wore for one hr+, no sore no pain, feels ok. The fit is great also, it goes deeper into the ear canal, passive noise cancellation, blocks out much of the environment. Battery life still testing it.

Waiting for Jabra to reply me for a replacement set.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got the Jabra Elite 65t and used for a day. The left earbud has some connectivity issues, music will drop for a split second. Happened a few times. And once, the left earbud totally no music at all, can only control the volume. Reset it a few times, put back into case and put it on again to resolve it. Just for this, not quite a good experience overall.

The sound quality was good for me, not an audiophile. Comfort wise, wore for one hr+, no sore no pain, feels ok. The fit is great also, it goes deeper into the ear canal, passive noise cancellation, blocks out much of the environment. Battery life still testing it.

which phone you use to pair with your jabra 65t?

oric1

Reaction score

I've the Jabra Elite Sport (13.5 hours version), been using it for 3 months now but don't really like the sound quality especially the bass (sounded very flat because the earbud can't go deeper into the ear canal). I did tried changing all the ear pads & wings but still poor quality. The mid & the high are ok.

Read from reviews that the Jabra Elite 65t has better bass, hence, wanted to go VivoCity to testdrive it. Any comment on the bass? Thanks.

Last edited:

SuperDecker

Reaction score
Better if u test drive it personally. The bass is pretty balanced. Not too heavy and not very bassy

I've the Jabra Elite Sport (13.5 hours version), been using it for 3 months now but don't really like the sound quality especially the bass (sounded very flat because the earbud can't go deeper into the ear canal). I did tried changing all the ear pads & wings but still poor quality. The mid & the high are ok.

Read from reviews that the Jabra Elite 65t has better bass, hence, wanted to go VivoCity to testdrive it. Any comment on the bass? Thanks.

mathew_soon

Reaction score

You can go directly to Plaza SG and ask them to change for you.

I did that for my sport elite batt kaput for about 1 yr of use.

The left side flaky could be due to connection. Reset both ear buds. Ensure both charged before reconnect.
Usually connect th main one first then the .2nd one. Just turn on will suppose to reconnect

This is from my older sport elite models. But should work the same.
Most time is batt not charged properly.

mathew_soon

Reaction score

Sport elite, try get it spinfit CP100. This works very well as it sits deep and comfortable.
Brings up the bass a big notch.

Go Stereo with you headset and try the 3 sizes.
I recommend try BOTH sides as both your ears are different. It cost $15+ for 2 pairs.

I try comply TW, works but do not last since I run a lot with it.

I tried 65t and find the bass more enhanced. But shouldn’t be that much diff Sport Elite.
But the Fit definitely much better for 65t

Last edited:

oric1

Reaction score
Better if u test drive it personally. The bass is pretty balanced. Not too heavy and not very bassy

Sport elite, try get it spinfit CP100. This works very well as it sits deep and comfortable.
Brings up the bass a big notch.

Go Stereo with you headset and try the 3 sizes.
I recommend try BOTH sides as both your ears are different. It cost $15+ for 2 pairs.

I try comply TW, works but do not last since I run a lot with it.

I tried 65t and find the bass more enhanced. But shouldn’t be that much diff Sport Elite.
But the Fit definitely much better for 65t

Ok thanks guys! Will try out the new 65t as well as the CP100.

Yah, I just realised last night that both my ears are different... no wonder the right side sounded better than the left because of the fit.

SuperDecker

Reaction score
Ah, I heard a lot of issues with android BT pairings and stability.
Hopefully this is not the case.

Experienced from. Various equipment pairing to androids.
My bose qc35 works well with the huawei mate 9, didn't experience audio drop. Anyway, hope the next few days it works well and stabilise.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.