Apple Watch 3 LTE

deslianer

Reaction score
Stay the course. Don’t touch the settings or unpair it. My wife’s watch took almost a week to activate.

At least u can resubscribe. My own watch still showing I’m subscribed. Xian

You may want to try to update your iPhone iOS to 11.2.6 and your watch OS to 4.2.3 and then see if the "You are already subscribed!" page is updated with the numbershare subscribe page. That happened for me last night, that's why I re-subscribed again. Unlike the fellow bro who had an instant sms, mine is still activating lor.

aureus

Reaction score
I have updated the os.

Still subscribed. I think the lag is really really variable. Singtel should just tell people to sit tight rather than unsubscribing and resubscribing.

You may want to try to update your iPhone iOS to 11.2.6 and your watch OS to 4.2.3 and then see if the "You are already subscribed!" page is updated with the numbershare subscribe page. That happened for me last night, that's why I re-subscribed again. Unlike the fellow bro who had an instant sms, mine is still activating lor.

edm_11

Reaction score
for applecare+ for the watch, does it mean that after a year i can just let the watch drop and have scratches etc and call apple for a new one by paying $98? no questions asked?

edm_11

Reaction score
I activated and received the sms instantly watch app shows activating still lol

nannoid

Reaction score
for applecare+ for the watch, does it mean that after a year i can just let the watch drop and have scratches etc and call apple for a new one by paying $98? no questions asked?

within the coverage period; 2 incidents...

deslianer

Reaction score
I have updated the os.

Still subscribed. I think the lag is really really variable. Singtel should just tell people to sit tight rather than unsubscribing and resubscribing.

Finally managed to get the sms that I'm successfully subscribed to Numbershare. Checked my watch app and now it shows the Singtel plan (i) icon and no longer "activating". In fact, it took 48 hours for me! For those who are in the process of "activating", don't fret and just be patient! Don't change any settings or un-pair and re-pair the watch. Just be patient and wait it out. You can close the watch app and use the phone as per normal. As long as you don't do anything and leave it as "activating", it will eventually be successfully subscribed. Receiving the sms from Singtel is confirmation that this is finally done. Seems that for some, it takes seconds, for some it takes minutes. Others like me take up to 2 days and even others took almost a week. Hope this helps others who is facing the same problem like me.

aureus

Reaction score
Congrats on getting it to work.

They are still investigating my case. Still showing as subscribed.

Important observation is that if I switch SIM card in iPhone to my spares, the ability to subscribe becomes available. Switch original SIM card iPhone, again showing as I’m already subscribed. This reinforces the notion that something in the mobile account is still indicating the NumberShare to be on.

I think they have to stop telling people to unpair and repair. People should just wait it out. Of course the ultimate solution is finding out why the real activation time is so variable.

Moving ahead, I wonder if Singtel can manually just subscribe for me instead of unsubscribing and resubscribing.

Finally managed to get the sms that I'm successfully subscribed to Numbershare. Checked my watch app and now it shows the Singtel plan (i) icon and no longer "activating". In fact, it took 48 hours for me! For those who are in the process of "activating", don't fret and just be patient! Don't change any settings or un-pair and re-pair the watch. Just be patient and wait it out. You can close the watch app and use the phone as per normal. As long as you don't do anything and leave it as "activating", it will eventually be successfully subscribed. Receiving the sms from Singtel is confirmation that this is finally done. Seems that for some, it takes seconds, for some it takes minutes. Others like me take up to 2 days and even others took almost a week. Hope this helps others who is facing the same problem like me.

Last edited:

edm_11

Reaction score
once its activated, does it mean i can disconnect bluetooth from watch and phone now? or does the watch still need to be connected to iphone via bluetooth?

crobin

Reaction score
Yes u can but why would u want to do that on purpose as that will force LTE all the time which consumes much more battery .. just leave Bluetooth on and let the watch decide whether Bluetooth, wifi or lte is the best connection for the situation

once its activated, does it mean i can disconnect bluetooth from watch and phone now? or does the watch still need to be connected to iphone via bluetooth?

tec_geek

Reaction score
From this article, it says iOS 11.3 might be out next week.

iPhone accessory maker Shure claims iOS 11.3 to be released next week, includes fix for their mics
https://9to5mac.com/2018/02/24/ipho...leased-next-week-includes-fix-for-their-mics/

Thus, I guess that’s why “Set Up Mobile Data” button was ‘turned on’ a few days back with iOS 11.3 Beta 3 and on watchOS 4.3 Beta 3.

However, do wait for the public release for those on the public versions of iOS (to be safe).

klho001

Reaction score
I've found WhatsApp notifications to be inconsistent when away from the phone. I'm guessing cos there isn't a dedicated watch app for whatsapp. Phone calls and SMS notifications always come thru.
Anyone else hv similar experience?

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ask u all the japan edition Apple Watch s2 Apple Pay can use on sg Apple Pay or it’s only Apple Watch s3 can use global Apple Pay Ana japan felica ?

dlubis

Reaction score
I have Apple Watch Series 1 in stainless steel case and planning to upgrade and buy Series 3 GPS + Cellular, but wondering: How’s the stainless steel case right now, still easy to be scratched and visible or better...? If still the same, I’m going to buy the aluminium case as somehow scratch is not too visible in the aluminium case...

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There’s no chance in material of the chassis leh.. perhaps you wanna buy a bumper for it?

I have Apple Watch Series 1 in stainless steel case and planning to upgrade and buy Series 3 GPS + Cellular, but wondering: How’s the stainless steel case right now, still easy to be scratched and visible or better...? If still the same, I’m going to buy the aluminium case as somehow scratch is not too visible in the aluminium case...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.