DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

bartcheeks

Reaction score
Registered an account just to ask this haha.
Currently I am crediting my salary into my normal savings account, so I know I'm getting the 0.05% interest.
Don't have a home loan and also have my insurance already, so I'm only left with the credit card or investment to push up to 1.55% interest.
However, annual fees on credit cards seems to be already more than what the interest will get me( I don't earn alot la :p), so most likely doesnt make sense.
So any tips on investment with DBS that i can blindly put 100-200 into every month?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Currently I am crediting my salary into my normal savings account, so I know I'm getting the 0.05% interest.
Don't have a home loan and also have my insurance already, so I'm only left with the credit card or investment to push up to 1.55% interest.
However, annual fees on credit cards seems to be already more than what the interest will get me( I don't earn alot la :p), so most likely doesnt make sense.
So any tips on investment with DBS that i can blindly put 100-200 into every month?

Just get the credit card. The annual fees can be waived

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

can buy ABF Singapore Bond Index Fund. take note of this from the FAQ: Regular Savings Plans and POSB Invest Saver will be recognised for the first 12 consecutive months when you make contributions to an investment fund.

eDisFieD

Master Member
Reaction score
can buy ABF Singapore Bond Index Fund. take note of this from the FAQ: Regular Savings Plans and POSB Invest Saver will be recognised for the first 12 consecutive months when you make contributions to an investment fund.

Just out of curiousity, so what happens after first 12 months? Won't be recognised?

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there was a $20 cash gift for new account opening. think the promo is still on-going. as for the savings plans, after 12 months it will not be recognized for additional interest. but folks are saying can cancel it after 12 months. then after a certain period of time then start new savings plan to clock additional interest.

laurent_rio

Reaction score
when will the RSP plan (that deducted on 15th) will be added in bank & earn summary ? Until now i havent seen in my bank and earn summary yet

Gonjeng

Master Member
Reaction score
when will the RSP plan (that deducted on 15th) will be added in bank & earn summary ? Until now i havent seen in my bank and earn summary yet

Me too.

I already call the customer service regarding this.
They reply " they will call back later."

Anyone else same issued?

HoGnix

Reaction score
Realised today is the 2nd last day of the Month.no credit card spending yet, How to catch up with credit card spending for this month? anyone know?

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
if not wrong cc spend component is based on Posting Date not Transaction Date.
might not be in time to spend & have it posted by 28 Feb.

HoGnix

Reaction score
then, too bad, forgo the 2.3% interest for this month (got Annual bonus)

Last edited:

vddgnd

Reaction score
if not wrong cc spend component is based on Posting Date not Transaction Date.
might not be in time to spend & have it posted by 28 Feb.
DBS bank cc statement and ibanking both not show posting date. Don't know how many days the transaction will be posted. Is there any easy way to know this data?

Gonjeng

Master Member
Reaction score
Just received a call from DBS, they claim that the unit trust investment must go thru giro. I told them dont ********..
Terms and condition never state must go thru giro.
It state as long you made unit trust RSP or lump sum. can already.

Now . waiting for another call.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, to qualify for the 2 categories, I need to make a token transaction on my DBS credit card.

I don't really use DBS cards. So I am planning to make that token transaction as the sp services bill payment via the sp services app. Do you think this will be considered for the interest for 2 categories? My salary is above 5k, so I am targeting the 5-15k category.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

vddgnd

Reaction score
Hello guys, to qualify for the 2 categories, I need to make a token transaction on my DBS credit card.

I don't really use DBS cards. So I am planning to make that token transaction as the sp services bill payment via the sp services app. Do you think this will be considered for the interest for 2 categories? My salary is above 5k, so I am targeting the 5-15k category.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
Yes. Only 1 transaction in cc on your name posted within the month counted for cc category already.

It is easy to fulfill this category, but if u want it to be auto pilot, then setup giro to charge a bill to the cc, and setup giro pay this card bill, set reminder for annual fee charging month to call for waiver.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.