Lenovo Tab 4 and Tab 4 Plus Tablets (8" and 10", Wifi-only and LTE)

hotpick

Reaction score
Local set is over priced..can get almost 2 oversea/export set at local set price ..oversea/export set more suitable to those like challenge and used to diy

Official set from Lenovo is not fault proof ..microsd card & reboot issue seen reported - good thing is can send back to service center..fix or not fix is another matter.

Last edited:

UTOPIAKD

Reaction score
Can u screenshot yr xiaoxin set the Android firmware version etc

Yes there's Google Play Store. I'm able to install apps like AnTuTu & CPU-Z on it. But YouTube dose not work. Keep on crashing. Told the seller about it and he told me to bring it back for him to check. I'll be bringing my set back tml to let him test.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got... i got saw units on display at the bugis shop.. but qoo10 got $30 coupon plus u can buy gift cards for additional 3% off $400 lor... so it's cheaper than buying from retailer...

regards,
wacky

Good choice.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes there's Google Play Store. I'm able to install apps like AnTuTu & CPU-Z on it. But YouTube dose not work. Keep on crashing. Told the seller about it and he told me to bring it back for him to check. I'll be bringing my set back tml to let him test.

I suppose if YouTube doesn't work properly then it's possible that Google play services isn't properly installed. I can forgo OTA updates and the headphone jack issue for this price but not when YouTube can't even function properly

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can u screenshot yr xiaoxin set the Android firmware version etc
I suppose if YouTube doesn't work properly then it's possible that Google play services isn't properly installed. I can forgo OTA updates and the headphone jack issue for this price but not when YouTube can't even function properly
45bMRFpl.jpg

YouTube works as long as you don't sign in your Google account. But it's a super old version.
t0Dkme6l.jpg

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 5 PLUS using GAGT

Last edited:

Nisse75

Reaction score
Just root it and you can remove and reinstall to the latest version of YouTube and smart note using an uninstall app.

And update the Google play services for a better experience with the tablet and considering it is enough processing power and memory/storage. The version I installed is 11.9.75 (446-182402865), has been stable so far.

This is apparently a 8804F xiaoxin unit originally with ROM version 170905_PRC but flashed with 8704F ROM version 170706_ROW. I have tried to flash it to the latest 180202_ROW in vain.

If anyone has successfully flashed it, please pm me to share how it could be done. Thanks

Last edited:

katoboy

Reaction score
It seem the lenovo tab 4 still got the play store and youtube download problems i wonder whether the local set face such issues?

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It seem the lenovo tab 4 still got the play store and youtube download problems i wonder whether the local set face such issues?

should not bah... den why have local version...?? if local set got such problems they are going to get like 100% returns... in the end it'll only cost them more $$$ servicing the handset than making $$$ selling it...

regards,
wacky

mobile2009

Reaction score
Those having problems are not the real tab4plus. They are just flashed with tab4plus rom . Thats why the big bargain.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those having problems are not the real tab4plus. They are just flashed with tab4plus rom . Thats why the big bargain.

I think those that pre-ordered before cny from qoo10 at less than 200 for the 64gb/4gb model is the xiaoxin.

bobaccord

Reaction score
should not bah... den why have local version...?? if local set got such problems they are going to get like 100% returns... in the end it'll only cost them more $$$ servicing the handset than making $$$ selling it...

regards,
wacky
I am most likely to buy local set but not in a hurry. Also I wonder whether I should get this or the Huawei M3 Lite. I am getting the 10" with LTE

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am most likely to buy local set but not in a hurry. Also I wonder whether I should get this or the Huawei M3 Lite. I am getting the 10" with LTE

I still prefer Huawei. But Lenovo is better with the heat.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i had thought of getting 10" one but then found out the 10" one don't support voice so i am sticking to 8" ... :o

regards,
wacky

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 188 offer changed from 64gb +4gb ram to 16gb +3gb ram w free 64gb sandisk sd.

Kenna scammed

But if it's the actual tab4 8plus and not the xiaoxin then it's a bit of a consolation.. is it? But I think buyers can complain to qoo for a refund since they are not getting what they paid for

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But if it's the actual tab4 8plus and not the xiaoxin then it's a bit of a consolation.. is it? But I think buyers can complain to qoo for a refund since they are not getting what they paid for

Where to find the 188 offer?

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score

M3 Lite 10 similar price to t48p, but t48p has faster cpu (sd625) and more ram & storage (4gb/64gb)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.