URGENT! cant decide between QC35 or MDR-1000x

SuperDecker

Reaction score
Sorry OT abit.

Got the Bose QC35 II. Volume seems abit soft. In external environment on the streets, street, the volume seems quite soft. On my android phone, I turned to max volume and the QC35 tune up to 75% volume with high ANC. Updated Spotify and settings turn to high volume, still the same. Played mp3s directly from phone, reset phone and QC35 firmware updated, remains the same.

Anyone had the same issue?

yamakazi51

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry OT abit.

Got the Bose QC35 II. Volume seems abit soft. In external environment on the streets, street, the volume seems quite soft. On my android phone, I turned to max volume and the QC35 tune up to 75% volume with high ANC. Updated Spotify and settings turn to high volume, still the same. Played mp3s directly from phone, reset phone and QC35 firmware updated, remains the same.

Anyone had the same issue?

Yeah, Bose' volume is softer compared to Sony's

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was using the Plantronics Backbeat Go 2 back in early 2017.... the sound was good but the noise cancellation was just average.. so wanted to do an upgrade... tested the PXC 550, QC 35 and then it was WH-1000mx2 when it was released around Sep/Oct.

In term of noise cancellation, Sony & Bose were better than PXC550...
for the audio both the 1000mx2 and PXC sounded pretty flat during the initial try out.
The audio output from the Bose was Ok as I was told it will adjust the signal with its circuit. I re-tried both the 1000mx2 and PXC after I had installed their apps which allow the adjustment of the audio signal. The difference was tremendous.. but I am slightly tilt towards the sound of Sony and bought the 1000mx2 instead.

For those who are interested in the PXC 550, recently saw it being sold onboard SIA flight...it is being retailed for $419..hefty discount from the local shop's price.

musicsg_com

Reaction score
I have the chance to compare several ANC headphones too. In particular, among Bose QC35, Sony MDR1000X, Sennheiser PXC550, PXC550 has clearer treble, great for vocals, QC35 is more forward, great for pops, Sony is more laid back, good for instrumentals. Each has their own fans so I wouldn't say which is the best for everyone. But musically-speaking, I feel PXC550 is the best.

Best-ANC-Headphones-Reviewed.jpg

As for noise cancelling, QC35 is still slightly more aggressive (can feel the sound pressure, quite nauseous), while Sony is very close (less nauseous). If you don't care for features and only need the best noise cancelling, Bose is still the answer.

But when it comes to overall product design and value, I feel Sony has the best build and most features. The newer WH-1000XM2 is an upgrade to the original 1000X.

nWo

Reaction score
Expansys from Qoo10 is selling export set Sony MDR-1000X @ $366 after $30 coupon, and Bose QC35 II @ $429.

Worth getting the MDR-1000X? Or get the WH-1000XM2 better?
Or should I just pay a bit more to get the QC35 II?

nWo

Reaction score
Price reduction: Bose QC35 II from Qoo10 Expansys now Daily Deal $429 - $30 voucher = $399.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any deals on wh-1000xm2? Can't seem to find any (significant) discounts off MSRP with local warranty ...

cochran

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The price of $479 promo now for qc35II.
Confirm come with the free powerbank or other free stuff as stated in the hwz review?

Xunnobi

Reaction score
Expansys from Qoo10 is selling export set Sony MDR-1000X @ $366 after $30 coupon, and Bose QC35 II @ $429.

Worth getting the MDR-1000X? Or get the WH-1000XM2 better?
Or should I just pay a bit more to get the QC35 II?

XM2 is better than X, longer battery life and they sort of "fix" the headband issue many r facing.

Bose got slightly better ANC and comfort whereas Sony win in the implementation of tech and audio reproduction.

For me its Sony over Bose, focus more on audio quality. ANC is just slightly below Bose, like 100% vs 95%

:s7:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.