Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
1-Year performance 17%
3-Year performance 8.5%
5-Year performance 11.76%

From $32.59 to now $54.92

sxUtBNA.jpg

Once it hits $65, it would have doubled. Doubling before 7 years would be awesome.

Building wealth through investing comes from the power of compounding capital over time. Many people don’t get excited about a 10% annualized return, but that 10% doubles every seven years. That means an investment portfolio that generates a 10% annualized return will be worth eight times more in 21 years.

In other words, $100k investment would yield $800k returns in 21 years. :s12:

In 2009 Sept 1, it was $24.76.
It doubled in it's 8th year, 2017.

Last edited:

NewInvestor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think that you need to look at the CAGR over a 10 or 15 year period which means that it should also cover a period of a major adverse event. If CAGR over such a period is 7% or more, it is good. That means you double your money every 10 years. All nett dividends should be included in the calculations.

Please note that you can also get 7% or more CAGR if you invest in BRKB. Easier to calculate returns because they don't pay dividends.

Mr. Wood

Banned
Reaction score
1-Year performance 17%
3-Year performance 8.5%
5-Year performance 11.76%

From $32.59 to now $54.92

sxUtBNA.jpg

Once it hits $65, it would have doubled. Doubling before 7 years would be awesome.

Building wealth through investing comes from the power of compounding capital over time. Many people don’t get excited about a 10% annualized return, but that 10% doubles every seven years. That means an investment portfolio that generates a 10% annualized return will be worth eight times more in 21 years.

In other words, $100k investment would yield $800k returns in 21 years. :s12:

In 2009 Sept 1, it was $24.76.
It doubled in it's 8th year, 2017.

bojio :eek:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think that you need to look at the CAGR over a 10 or 15 year period which means that it should also cover a period of a major adverse event. If CAGR over such a period is 7% or more, it is good. That means you double your money every 10 years. All nett dividends should be included in the calculations.

Please note that you can also get 7% or more CAGR if you invest in BRKB. Easier to calculate returns because they don't pay dividends.

Actually, IWDA aims to track the performance of the MSCI World Index. So can do a back reference going back decades if needed.

Also, this IWDA auto reinvest dividends too. ;)

Last edited:

peipei1

Reaction score
Last year was a super bull run, 9 years of uptrend for US stocks, we missed 90% of it because no time to chup-yi-kar and left money in SGX! Wrong way to passive invest dear all! :o

This is our dream that the world index goes upwards for another 15 years! We can retire in harmony just in harmony! US huat arh! :s12:

We hope this nightmare scenario do not repeat. But if it did, must hope the subsequent decades can huat similarly, still have time for retirement!

NewInvestor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, IWDA aims to track the performance of the MSCI World Index. So can do a back reference going back decades if needed.

Also, this IWDA auto reinvest dividends too. ;)

Yes IWDA is excellent. I will buy some when there is a major correction.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sIvGHEC.jpg

I agree its one of the best, along with the others in the same iShares Core series. Best to hedge your bets and buy all 3!

I am vested in all 3, but in terms of weighting CPXJ > EIMI > IWDA for me.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Perisher u no longer holding all the us stocks? Or isit i rmb wrongly. Haha

Switch to pure etf ah?

I think Perisher has made some money in the stock market

As his networth go up, he is probably looking into putting some money into 'safer' investments, and IWDA is safer than picking an individual stock.

Then when his networth go to the next level, he will be thinking of adding bond component for wealth preservation and possibly even balanced unit trusts that invests in bonds. I guess that is the same process i went through...

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7m4QjDl.jpg

0.45% expense ratio actively managed global fund.

Can buy using SCB, subject to 0.5% stamp duty, but the low Expense ratio means this will outperform our local unit trusts.

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Perisher, you should also share how to go about in term of buying IWDA.

I'm referring to those who might be keen but dont know how.
Although i roughly know how to go about, again it would be good to refresh. :D

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to buy it using SCB? Listed on LSE? Price is in USD?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You can buy it using USD in scb. It’s listed in UK exchange. When you open scb, do ask them to open all markets for you, it’s all free.

If you intend to hold long term and buying a few thousands a year, better to use Interactive Brokers, the savings is quite substantial.

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
You can buy it using USD in scb. It’s listed in UK exchange. When you open scb, do ask them to open all markets for you, it’s all free.

If you intend to hold long term and buying a few thousands a year, better to use Interactive Brokers, the savings is quite substantial.

am i correct to say, anything less than USD4000, go with SCB.

is it still a good time to buy? or should just wait for the drop

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
am i correct to say, anything less than USD4000, go with SCB.

is it still a good time to buy? or should just wait for the drop

I can only tell you by historical trend, it goes up.
As for the exact amount, SCB charges about 3% on currency spread while IB is almost spot rate. So it's about there.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.