NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

penguin333

Reaction score
Got my offer letter today 🙏🏻 was shocked to see the SMS and email when I woke up, so thankful!

I applied last September so those from that batch still waiting, don’t lose faith!

Anyone going for the appointment briefing on 8 March? Good luck to all of you!

pammee

Reaction score
wow congrats!!! They offer you GP in JC ya?
may I ask if u r mid-career and which degree?
really happy for you :)
mind sharing ur timeline too?
TIA

Got my offer letter today 🙏🏻 was shocked to see the SMS and email when I woke up, so thankful!

I applied last September so those from that batch still waiting, don’t lose faith!

Anyone going for the appointment briefing on 8 March? Good luck to all of you!

Phoebe1928

Reaction score
If teaching is your calling, keep trying.

I applied for PGDE last October, and I am grateful that the ministry expedited my application to start in February. I was not the typical mainstream applicant (i.e. NUS NTU SMU graduates). In fact, I was a university dropout because I wanted to earn a living for myself first. Nonetheless, I was still accepted and am presently doing the teaching stint in a primary school.

It is definitely NOT about how good you are, BUT how well your personality fits the job. That's why, some subject-matter experts like journalists, scientists etc applied for the job but were rejected.

Highlight all the facts that you already know about teaching, especially the bane. Be yourself, answer their questions truthfully, and be confident (honesty gives you confidence). If you genuinely have the passion, demonstrate it during the interview.

Good luck!

(I love going to school. Besides seeing the children grow, I love how (most of) my colleagues are nurturing, kind and friendly towards one another. All thanks to the effective recruitment process.)

Couldn’t agree more. I am also not from the local universities, though I qualified for NTU because of my “A” level results. I was fortunate to be selected on my first attempt and am currently teaching in a primary school. It is a stressful and demanding job, but the job satisfaction is great. I look forward to going to school, seeing my students and teaching them. I need not just look forward to my holidays, unlike the time when I was working at my previous job. To all those who were unsuccessful following the interview, if teaching is what you really want, please try again! We need more dedicated teachers like yourselves! :D All the best! Don’t give up!

Last edited:

Colling15

Reaction score
I couldn’t agree more! I’m also currently teaching in primary school and I also enjoy the job satisfaction and my interaction with my kids. Those who are still awaiting for their outcome don’t give up! If it’s what you really want u will definitely get it! Press on!!
Couldn’t agree more. I am also not from the local universities, though I qualified for NTU because of my “A” level results. I was fortunate to be selected on my first attempt and am currently teaching in a primary school. It is a stressful and demanding job, but the job satisfaction is great. I look forward to going to school, seeing my students and teaching them. I need not just look forward to my holidays, unlike the time when I was working in my previous job. To all those who were unsuccessful following the interview, if teaching is what you really want, please try again! We need more dedicated teachers like yourselves! :D All the best! Don’t give up!

Angela999

Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more. I am also not from the local universities, though I qualified for NTU because of my “A” level results. I was fortunate to be selected on my first attempt and am currently teaching in a primary school. It is a stressful and demanding job, but the job satisfaction is great. I look forward to going to school, seeing my students and teaching them. I need not just look forward to my holidays, unlike the time when I was working in my previous job. To all those who were unsuccessful following the interview, if teaching is what you really want, please try again! We need more dedicated teachers like yourselves! :D All the best! Don’t give up!

Thank you for the encouragement! Can you share your timeline and your background? Thank you!

Angela999

Reaction score
I couldn’t agree more! I’m also currently teaching in primary school and I also enjoy the job satisfaction and my interaction with my kids. Those who are still awaiting for their outcome don’t give up! If it’s what you really want u will definitely get it! Press on!!

Thank you! there's no updates yet. Anyone had any updates?

pammee

Reaction score
Thank you colling, phoebe, roxy, penguin and everyone here for the encouraging words!
May I ask if anyone got offer (2017 rounds) for other subjects than
MT & PE?
Any Mid-career (more than 5 years working outside) success?
TIA

Angela, so far nothing too T_T

Colling15

Reaction score
Pamme, I got offered EL and Math(Pri). I applied during the mar 2017 window.

Thank you colling, phoebe, roxy, penguin and everyone here for the encouraging words!
May I ask if anyone got offer (2017 rounds) for other subjects than
MT & PE?
Any Mid-career (more than 5 years working outside) success?
TIA

Angela, so far nothing too T_T

ywlwendy

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here!

Just an update for those who've also applied during the Feb window.
I received an email from MOE today telling me I've been shortlisted and asking me to fill up an Annex A form.

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well.

Good luck to all!

Angela999

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here!

I received an email from MOE today telling me I've been shortlisted and asking me to fill up an Annex A form.

Good luck to all!

Congrats! May I know when did u send in your application? Isit at the start of the window?

13nc13ryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

New here!

Good luck to all!

can I ask what subjects did u apply for and ur highest qualifications? congrats!!

ywlwendy

Reaction score
Congrats! May I know when did u send in your application? Isit at the start of the window?

No, I submitted outside of the application window actually.. Last Nov haha.
So mine could be the first few to be processed if they go by date of application.

can I ask what subjects did u apply for and ur highest qualifications? congrats!!

I applied for Sec Math and Pri English & Math.
I have a Bachelor degree from local Uni.

Angela999

Reaction score
No, I submitted outside of the application window actually.. Last Nov haha.
So mine could be the first few to be processed if they go by date of application.

I applied for Sec Math and Pri English & Math.
I have a Bachelor degree from local Uni.

Thank you for the info! Good luck all and do keep here updated with your timeline:)

crischinsj

Reaction score
Interview

I applied for Maths and Geog (Sec) but got offered POA and Business classes. Anyone know the demand and life of a POA teacher?

Guessed they have alot of Maths teachers and I have an accounting degree as well, so they offered me the above subjects!

Good luck everyone!

pammee

Reaction score
congrats!
could you share your timeline?
your POA/Bus is for JC?
u fresh grad or mid-career?
Thanks arr!!!

I applied for Maths and Geog (Sec) but got offered POA and Business classes. Anyone know the demand and life of a POA teacher?

Guessed they have alot of Maths teachers and I have an accounting degree as well, so they offered me the above subjects!

Good luck everyone!

crischinsj

Reaction score
congrats!
could you share your timeline?
your POA/Bus is for JC?
u fresh grad or mid-career?
Thanks arr!!!

Timeline:
12th Jan - Apply for untrained teacher postion on MOE website
26th Feb - MOE asked me to fill up Annex A and notified me they will call me to talk on my interview
1st Mar - MOE called to tell me subjects offered and interview details

my POA is for sec sch and im a mid career changer :)

Thanks!

ywlwendy

Reaction score
Pamme, I got offered EL and Math(Pri). I applied during the mar 2017 window.

Hi Colling,

Could you kindly share a little on your interview? What topic did you teach and what were some of the questions they asked?

I received the call for interview yesterday and am preparing for it.

Would greatly appreciate your response as I'm offered the same subjects as you.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Colling15

Reaction score
Hi Wendy,

I applied in Feb 2017
Interview April 2017
Sat for EPT 29 April 2017
Request for additional documents May 2017
Medical check up email June 2017
Offer email Aug 2017
Sign contract Sept 2017
Started my contract on 22 Dec 2017

The interview has 3 parts
-written portion usually on ethics and values
- 5 min classroom presentation where the interviewers act as children and “try to distrupt the class”
- interview where they will try to gather ur interest in teaching

My advice is just be yourself and if you are really keen show it to then how much teaching is your passion.

I chose to do my teaching on area of triangle as it’s a short topic so I needn’t have to rush trying to conver concepts. It would be good to have some props to show u have prepared well.

Hi Colling,

Could you kindly share a little on your interview? What topic did you teach and what were some of the questions they asked?

I received the call for interview yesterday and am preparing for it.

Would greatly appreciate your response as I'm offered the same subjects as you.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.