Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

musicsg_com

Reaction score
i have chance to demo it when they pre-ordering it but it's not really fancy me..the SQ is too balanced..and one side of the earpiece..signal keep dropping.

the staff told me it can be due the unit they got is pre-production unit..but this really make a huge bad impression for me. as if you going to send the demo unit for the shop for consumer to decide on their pre-order and yet you give them a unit which full of issues.. how do you expect consumer to pre-order it?

Ya I heard poor reviews on launch units, and Sony has apparently improved with new firmware. This review unit had no major connection problems. In fact, I faced worse with the Bragi The Dash Pro review unit.

musicsg_com

Reaction score
Actually the WF-1000X supports AAC as well.

Yes you are correct. AAC works only for Apple devices. Non-Apple devices do not have the other premium codecs like aptx, aptx HD, not even LDAC which Sony is proprietary.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Might take a closer look at the neckband Sony. My wife has wh-1000xm2 and I kind like it except that headbands are a bit bulky (I don't normally carry any bag around with me), was looking for maybe TWE that can put in pocket 🤔

radon

Reaction score
If can wait, then the upcoming sony WF-SP700N, 2nd gen wireless might be good since WF-1000X is their 1st gen.

IceShelterX

Master Member
Reaction score
Just on board this TWEs train. Got this Jabra Elite Sport from oric1.

After much adjustment, settled with med earwings and removed all original eargel. Using samsung AKG earpiece eargel on this Jabra Elite Sport. It sealed super tight on my left ear while on right ear is just nice.

Music: The bass just felt right, just need to adjust it more. Im using POWERAMP player which can have further equalizer tuning. Yes it can achieve very nice bass boost.

Tried Gym with Jabra Sport App... and i would say, it is wonderful.

Heart rate is in sync properly, same as my Garmin Fenix 5x and also the same as treadmill and cross trainer.

Earbuds fit into ears tight, no loose feeling at all.

More review after weekend running.

mathew_soon

Reaction score
Interesting. Might take a closer look at the neckband Sony. My wife has wh-1000xm2 and I kind like it except that headbands are a bit bulky (I don't normally carry any bag around with me), was looking for maybe TWE that can put in pocket 🤔

I use neckband mostly as it is non-intrusive and long batt. Suitable for calls and music especially travels.
I have both MDR1000X as well as the neckband version WI-1000X. These are solid noise cancellers. Especially the MDR as compared side by side with Bose QC.

I did not try the TW versions though since it is still dangling outside your ears like the Bose SoundFree.

Most importantly, it has no protection against elements like water/sweat, since I use TW mostly for sports. So I dropped the idea of Sony WF1000.

mathew_soon

Reaction score
Any recommendations for something to use at the gym?

For me, so far, only Jabra Sport Elite works well, and the sound signature suits sports.
It has proper HRM (I mean comparable to those in Apple Watch and Garmin devices). I tested the HRM of Jabra Sport Elite while wearing Apple Watch monitoring HR. Than I tried using Garmin Vivo HR. They are very close.
Since I am not a super sportsman, a good enough HRM is good enough. Apple watch HRM is notoriously accurate as reported via various medical forums.

Out of all TW, Jabra Sport Elite has special sports app that enhances use in Gym training, and running. It has various exercises and routines to train. I think this is really unique to it.
Unfortunately, the latest Jabra Active Elite 65t, besides water/sweat resistant, has no other functions. Kinda sad. Hopefully they change their minds during final product launch and put in the features.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me, so far, only Jabra Sport Elite works well, and the sound signature suits sports.
It has proper HRM (I mean comparable to those in Apple Watch and Garmin devices). I tested the HRM of Jabra Sport Elite while wearing Apple Watch monitoring HR. Than I tried using Garmin Vivo HR. They are very close.
Since I am not a super sportsman, a good enough HRM is good enough. Apple watch HRM is notoriously accurate as reported via various medical forums.

Out of all TW, Jabra Sport Elite has special sports app that enhances use in Gym training, and running. It has various exercises and routines to train. I think this is really unique to it.
Unfortunately, the latest Jabra Active Elite 65t, besides water/sweat resistant, has no other functions. Kinda sad. Hopefully they change their minds during final product launch and put in the features.
they have one elite 65t active for sports...but I think it didn't have HRM function...

Sent from LG-v30 Plus From Your Heart using GAGT

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone has the Aukey TWE EP-T1?
saw it at Qoo10 going for 89.90

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking whether to get normal b&o e8 or the limited edition

you go try elite 65t and then compare it with E8.. 65t is cheaper alot and SQ wise...many good review...i pre-order mine without audition as i am quite satisfied with elite sport SQ and many has vouch that 65t is better than elite sport :s13:

one sad news is...my PO will only arrive 16 Mar as notify by Stereo :( suck thumb and wait for now ~

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you go try elite 65t and then compare it with E8.. 65t is cheaper alot and SQ wise...many good review...i pre-order mine without audition as i am quite satisfied with elite sport SQ and many has vouch that 65t is better than elite sport :s13:

one sad news is...my PO will only arrive 16 Mar as notify by Stereo :( suck thumb and wait for now ~

Yes I did. Prefer the e8, listen to alot of metal music. The jabra imo was very messy in presentation.

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The ERL TW came today. Bought the E8 already so gave the ERL to a colleague.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.