NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Yukiiii

Reaction score
Hi. I have applied for diploma in education last year, but I got rejected. I think I did badly for my interview. Now I'm studying degree Programme in local U, I would like to apply for PGDE after graduate, kinda worry that they will have record of me being rejected, will it affect my future application?

pammee

Reaction score
Thank you so much Colling!
Wow, I look up Feb 2017 untrained window. It said earliest contract teaching was Jun 2017 and NIE Dec 2017. But they only offer you in Aug >.<

Which mean you will join Dec 2018 NIE. We would be same batch if we manage to get offer by Jun 2018 (which I know it's very tough and I don't really feel hopeful).

If your don't mind sharing, between Sep and Dec (after signing contract) you are still not considered employed by moe right? Did you resign right away or wait till Nov?

Lastly, how has ur teaching stint been? I hope it's everything you want and more. You have been so kind to share :love::love:

Hi Wendy,

I applied in Feb 2017
Interview April 2017
Sat for EPT 29 April 2017
Request for additional documents May 2017
Medical check up email June 2017
Offer email Aug 2017
Sign contract Sept 2017
Started my contract on 22 Dec 2017

The interview has 3 parts
-written portion usually on ethics and values
- 5 min classroom presentation where the interviewers act as children and “try to distrupt the class”
- interview where they will try to gather ur interest in teaching

My advice is just be yourself and if you are really keen show it to then how much teaching is your passion.

I chose to do my teaching on area of triangle as it’s a short topic so I needn’t have to rush trying to conver concepts. It would be good to have some props to show u have prepared well.

juggernaut7

Reaction score
Hi. I have applied for diploma in education last year, but I got rejected. I think I did badly for my interview. Now I'm studying degree Programme in local U, I would like to apply for PGDE after graduate, kinda worry that they will have record of me being rejected, will it affect my future application?
No, it will not affect.
It cud be due to several factors for not being selected eg, not confident enough while presenting, fumbling, answered wrongly etc.
In fact, once rejected, u can always keep on applying. By re-applying, they know that u're serious in teaching. From e batch of trainee tchrs that I know, most of them were repeat applicants (like >3 times).
Only that now the places are limited (due to merging of schls etc), hence MOE is very stringent in their selection & only takes in the best from e pool of applicants.
All the best.

Yukiiii

Reaction score
No, it will not affect.
It cud be due to several factors for not being selected eg, not confident enough while presenting, fumbling, answered wrongly etc.
In fact, once rejected, u can always keep on applying. By re-applying, they know that u're serious in teaching. From e batch of trainee tchrs that I know, most of them were repeat applicants (like >3 times).
Only that now the places are limited (due to merging of schls etc), hence MOE is very stringent in their selection & only takes in the best from e pool of applicants.
All the best.

Hi, thank you so much for replying me. Really give me hope, I will keep on trying!

lvxx9817

Reaction score
NTU NIE course help needed

Help for NTU NIE course:
1) What is the difference between NIE Degree in teaching & NIE diploma in teaching?

2) What if you (A-Level applicants) do not meet the COP for NTU NIE degree? Will you still get an interview for NIE diploma.

3) How do they select the students for the degree course? Since the no. of seats for Science(Education) is only 16 & 41 for Arts(Education).

Any replies will be appreciated!

Last edited:

jchou439

Reaction score
As far as I'm aware, MOE only informs of acceptance/rejection via email nowadays. They used to post offer letters but I don't think they do that anymore.

They did keep me up-to-date regarding my application though, I had my interview in early Nov, received a shortlist email in end-Nov, and medical email in mid-Dec. After that I had 2 phone calls (one in mid-Jan, another on 1 Feb) from them telling me they were still processing the application, and finally I received the offer letter a few days ago. For final year students, I think they require your final transcript and certificate before finalising the start date of your contract teaching stint.

In the offer letter they sent me, it was indicated that " If you have yet to complete your undergraduate studies at the time you receive this letter, please submit for the Ministry’s consideration the supporting document(s) that show that you have completed your undergraduate course of study and the class of degree awarded, at least 2 weeks before 18 June 2018."

Thanks for your reply, appreciate it!

Should I accept the offer for the 6-month contract stint starting on 18 June 2018, can my indicative salary amount still be revised after I submit my final semester transcript and a photocopy of my Bachelor's certificate after my Convocation in July 2018? My final semester results are due to be released on 4 June 2018 too.
Anyone knows how does this work? TIA!

Angela999

Reaction score
anyone applied on 1st Feb or after 1st Feb and got the interview call?
i feel that my chances are slim already. i applied on 1st Feb and no news yet:s22:

pammee

Reaction score
Hi Angela,
Just today, I received email to reply with more certs scan.
I don't know why as I already uploaded in the portal.
But it also doesn't mean I will get to go for interview.
Let's not give up our hope just yet.
Last contacting date is 2 Apr, almost a month more!
I need to go baibai arr.

anyone applied on 1st Feb or after 1st Feb and got the interview call?
i feel that my chances are slim already. i applied on 1st Feb and no news yet:s22:

Angela999

Reaction score
Hi Angela,
I need to go baibai arr.

Its good news for you! so happy for you! i believe they are interested thats why they want more info. are you a local grad? when did you submit your application? what time did they sent the email?

Cesium-137

Reaction score
Hi Angela,
I need to go baibai arr.

i had the same email for my previous application. They requested for my certs even though i had already uploaded onto the portal. But once i submitted my certs, within a week they sent me the email to fill up annex A and within another week they called me to confirm my teaching subjects for the interview.
I would say more or less you are short listed for the interview already, as long as your certs are in order.

For my current application round, no emails from them yet. But im not surprised as they just rejected me in the previous round. I dont think ill be shortlisted for an interview again for this round; will have to try the next round if i want to try again.

monkeyno8

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just received a call from MOE on Saturday to go for an interview this coming Friday. Feeling kinda nervous! I haven't prepared much and i'm worried i might screw up. anyone else who's received a call?

Colling15

Reaction score
Yes the earliest I can start NIE would be Dec 2018 I should really hope so. Yes I hope u get in too! Best of luck stay composed and confident!

Yes since my official start date was Dec 22, I was considered unemployed between sept to Dec. I was not working full time at the time of my application up until my start date.

So far it has been a nice experience. My colleagues are helpful. And the kids are so fun and interesting( I got a P1 class btw) work wise the workload is expected to increase in term 2. Currently I was more of shadowing the shadowing a more experienced teacher.

Thank you so much Colling!
Wow, I look up Feb 2017 untrained window. It said earliest contract teaching was Jun 2017 and NIE Dec 2017. But they only offer you in Aug >.<
Which mean you will join Dec 2018 NIE. We would be same batch if we manage to get offer by Jun 2018 (which I know it's very tough and I don't really feel hopeful).

If your don't mind sharing, between Sep and Dec (after signing contract) you are still not considered employed by moe right? Did you resign right away or wait till Nov?

Lastly, how has ur teaching stint been? I hope it's everything you want and more. You have been so kind to share :love::love:

yyyxxx

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just received a call from MOE on Saturday to go for an interview this coming Friday. Feeling kinda nervous! I haven't prepared much and i'm worried i might screw up. anyone else who's received a call?

Hi,

Mind sharing your timeline?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.