Huawei Mate 10

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't mind me saying this, but this quirk could also be a Singtel router issue. I have used Singtel broadband quite a long time back, and I believe even now, Singtel likes to issue crappy routers as compared to the likes of Starhub and M1. My experience with their Aztech router I believe was poor range and underwhelming performance. They replaced the Aztech one with another brand which I don't recall, but it was just as bad.

It very well could be a quirk of a singtel router issue but I don't have that problems with my laptop or my other phones, only the M10P has this issue. But this hasn't happened in the past couple of days though..

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about the brand pace,that is under aztech too. I second to this. Their router is just utter crap and lousy wifi coverage. I terminated my remaining 3 months contract and went with m1 instead and never looked back.

Previously i even changed router to asus for my singtel line, and encountered issue with my mobile legend and whatsapp video calls. Then i googled and hwzers say need enable qos which i did and issue was resolved, BUT my bandwidth was halved due to turning on of qos. So i called singtel and the only answer they give was: sorry we are unable to render support as the router was a third party router and we recommend you to use back our router.

Back to the topic, i myself also getting lousy speed with singtel router with my m10p. After changing to m1 with asus router, all is fine

So u're saying that u changed to the asus router with the singtel ONT but it didn't work? Then u changed to M1 and the same asus router now works with M1's ONT?

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using MeRadio? Can't get it working with the mate 10

Based on my couple weeks of usage for EMUI, there are 3 places u can manage the app behaviour with rgds to letting it run in the background.

1) 1st is a setting buried super deep in the Applications menu where u can set battery optimisations to on or off. I don't have the phone with me so off hand i can't tell u where to go to but I think it's in the Applications menu, then click on the gear icons on the top right then it's buried in one of the sub menus there.

2) 2nd is in the battery settings, there's a setting there to manage the apps automatically or manually. I think the menu is called Launch. Look for meRadio and choose manual and leave the 3 slider options to On, the last 1 is most impt where u let it run in the background.

3) Last is if the above still don't work then lock the app in the Recents app menu, there's a lock icon for every app listed there. Click it to leave it locked so it'll never get cleared when u clean your recent app list.

all these things will probably cause your batt life to suffer so if u still want good batt life i guess u can kill the app when u're done with meRadio so it doesn't run in the background when u don't need it.

Zappalapa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It very well could be a quirk of a singtel router issue but I don't have that problems with my laptop or my other phones, only the M10P has this issue. But this hasn't happened in the past couple of days though..

Mine still have the wifi issue. Connects for around 1h and I have to toggle off/on wifi button on my phone.

So ur issue went away by itself or did u tweak some settings?

rubber33

Master Member
Reaction score
Based on my couple weeks of usage for EMUI, there are 3 places u can manage the app behaviour with rgds to letting it run in the background.

1) 1st is a setting buried super deep in the Applications menu where u can set battery optimisations to on or off. I don't have the phone with me so off hand i can't tell u where to go to but I think it's in the Applications menu, then click on the gear icons on the top right then it's buried in one of the sub menus there.

2) 2nd is in the battery settings, there's a setting there to manage the apps automatically or manually. I think the menu is called Launch. Look for meRadio and choose manual and leave the 3 slider options to On, the last 1 is most impt where u let it run in the background.

3) Last is if the above still don't work then lock the app in the Recents app menu, there's a lock icon for every app listed there. Click it to leave it locked so it'll never get cleared when u clean your recent app list.

all these things will probably cause your batt life to suffer so if u still want good batt life i guess u can kill the app when u're done with meRadio so it doesn't run in the background when u don't need it.
Thanks. Problem solved. Uninstall MeRadio and install radio Singapore.

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine still have the wifi issue. Connects for around 1h and I have to toggle off/on wifi button on my phone.

So ur issue went away by itself or did u tweak some settings?

previously this happened because the wifi was on 24 hrs, even when left the home, it's still on. so what i did was to use a location based app to turn it on when the user of the phone is near home and turn it off when user is disconnected. i also turned off wifi+. it used to work when i first got the phone but after awhile it doesn't turn off by itself anymore so i turned it off totally.

the other thing i did was to tweak the apn settings in the mobile data settings page. there's a setting for ipv4 and ipv6. it was ipv4/ipv6 previously and i changed it back to to ipv4. not sure if that actually made a difference though

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Problem solved. Uninstall MeRadio and install radio Singapore.

hahah.. shouldn't have wasted my 5 mins typing that wall of text. anyway this advice will apply to every other app also, even for skype or whatsapp if u feel the notifications are delayed.

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So u're saying that u changed to the asus router with the singtel ONT but it didn't work? Then u changed to M1 and the same asus router now works with M1's ONT?

i changed to asus router, it works with singtel ONT, BUT some apps just refuse to work e.g. mobile legend (game auto disconnect when me and my wife join the same game together), whatsapp video call (no video coming in from other party), but after i enable QOS, everything works properly BUT bandwidth was halved. i subscribed to 300mbps line, and got only 150mbps after enable QOS at asus router.

after changed to M1, i reverted all settings and everything works right out of the box with no tuning and i can hit 914mbps :s13:

Zappalapa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
previously this happened because the wifi was on 24 hrs, even when left the home, it's still on. so what i did was to use a location based app to turn it on when the user of the phone is near home and turn it off when user is disconnected. i also turned off wifi+. it used to work when i first got the phone but after awhile it doesn't turn off by itself anymore so i turned it off totally.

the other thing i did was to tweak the apn settings in the mobile data settings page. there's a setting for ipv4 and ipv6. it was ipv4/ipv6 previously and i changed it back to to ipv4. not sure if that actually made a difference though

Did the bolded part but to no avail.

Thanks for sharing though!

Guess I have to change the singtel wireless router then. But funny how the issue lies with only M10P but not other phone/laptop brands

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did the bolded part but to no avail.

Thanks for sharing though!

Guess I have to change the singtel wireless router then. But funny how the issue lies with only M10P but not other phone/laptop brands

ya there must be some funny incompatibility issue somewhere. another fix i read was not to connect to both the 2.5ghz and 5ghz bands of the router, u just choose 1, then don't enter the pw for the other so the phone doesn't connect to the other one. for me the 5ghz seems to be better, so i sacrifice wifi distance for stability.

then yet another fix is to turn off the "Wifi is on during sleep" setting which u can also try so if u're not the type who downloads big files on your phone and you have a decent data plan.

Zappalapa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya there must be some funny incompatibility issue somewhere. another fix i read was not to connect to both the 2.5ghz and 5ghz bands of the router, u just choose 1, then don't enter the pw for the other so the phone doesn't connect to the other one. for me the 5ghz seems to be better, so i sacrifice wifi distance for stability.

then yet another fix is to turn off the "Wifi is on during sleep" setting which u can also try so if u're not the type who downloads big files on your phone and you have a decent data plan.

Tried before but the problem still persists. I have googled around for the past 3 months, read various websites (i.e. xda forums) for ppl with similar problems and tried all kinds of settings but to no avail.

Guess the last resort is to replace the singtel wireless router.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about the brand pace,that is under aztech too. I second to this. Their router is just utter crap and lousy wifi coverage. I terminated my remaining 3 months contract and went with m1 instead and never looked back.

Previously i even changed router to asus for my singtel line, and encountered issue with my mobile legend and whatsapp video calls. Then i googled and hwzers say need enable qos which i did and issue was resolved, BUT my bandwidth was halved due to turning on of qos. So i called singtel and the only answer they give was: sorry we are unable to render support as the router was a third party router and we recommend you to use back our router.

Back to the topic, i myself also getting lousy speed with singtel router with my m10p. After changing to m1 with asus router, all is fine

That is correct, PACE is the brand.

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried before but the problem still persists. I have googled around for the past 3 months, read various websites (i.e. xda forums) for ppl with similar problems and tried all kinds of settings but to no avail.

Guess the last resort is to replace the singtel wireless router.

haiz, duno why singtel chose such crappy routers..

CS0287

Reaction score
Anyone tried to use the phone without screen protector?

I wonder how durable is the screen...

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Just to let u know, 2.4ghz wifi is slower (i think around 70mbps max) and has a stronger coverage. 5ghz wifi is fast (can up to few hundred mbps) but coverage not as strong. Its not true that 2.4ghz is more stable then 5ghz :s13: but in terms of coverage, yes 2.4ghz more stable then 5ghz as it has a stronger coverage

Last edited:

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to let u know, 2.4ghz wifi is slower (i think around 70mbps max) and has a stronger coverage. 5ghz wifi is fast (can up to few hundred mbps) but coverage not as strong. Its not true that 2.4ghz is more stable then 5ghz :s13: but in terms of coverage, yes 2.4ghz more stable then 5ghz as it has a stronger coverage

Er i never say that 2.4Ghz is more stable leh. I said "for me the 5ghz seems to be better, so i sacrifice wifi distance for stability."

This means I'm sacrificing wifi distance (because 2.4Ghz has longer distance) for stability (because 5Ghz is more consistent in performance, and thus more "stable" because I don't have that stupid FB stuttering issue during video loading when I'm on 5Ghz, even though 5Ghz gives me 3/4 bar vs full bar on 2.4Ghz in my bedroom)

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haiz, duno why singtel chose such crappy routers..

Increase their profit margin.

Anyway, I just recalled that one of the thing that could be causing Singtel routers to have compatibility issues may be the channels. For example, their routers may default their 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi to a certain channel, which may result in issues with some devices. Try switching the channel to see the same problem persist.

Zappalapa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Increase their profit margin.

Anyway, I just recalled that one of the thing that could be causing Singtel routers to have compatibility issues may be the channels. For example, their routers may default their 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi to a certain channel, which may result in issues with some devices. Try switching the channel to see the same problem persist.

chose the least congested channels for both 2.4 and 5 GHz.

doesnt work too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.