M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm with m1 fibre and my IP address is blocked by 2 website though I don't know why and they refused to unblock my IP address. Now I plan to upgrade to M1 1gbps fibre. Will m1 change my IP address if I request for a change?

Last edited:

dryteletubby

Reaction score
I'm with m1 fibre and my IP address is blocked by 2 website though I know why and they refused to unblock my IP address. Now I plan to upgrade to M1 1gbps fibre. Will m1 change my IP address if I request for a change?

I assume you are not using a static IP address? If so rebooting your ONT will get you a new IP address

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I currently have M1 300mbps broadband and about 6 months left in the contract. I am relocating to a new place and I found out that the port 1 in the new place is still occupied, there is no one living there. I think the previous tenant didnt release the port. So M1 will need to use port 2. Now there is a risk that port 2 doesnt have enough capacity and that can cause huge delays, like I had 6 months delay in my current house due to insufficient capacity.

Now I am considering terminating the contract early, it will cost my $130 and instead subscribing for starhub cable broadband which is $20 for 100mbps no contract and $23 for 200mbps 12 months contract. I should have never signed up for m1. Fibre is not good for people who relocate. Cable is the best. Any thoughts?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I currently have M1 300mbps broadband and about 6 months left in the contract. I am relocating to a new place and I found out that the port 1 in the new place is still occupied, there is no one living there. I think the previous tenant didnt release the port. So M1 will need to use port 2. Now there is a risk that port 2 doesnt have enough capacity and that can cause huge delays, like I had 6 months delay in my current house due to insufficient capacity.

Now I am considering terminating the contract early, it will cost my $130 and instead subscribing for starhub cable broadband which is $20 for 100mbps no contract and $23 for 200mbps 12 months contract. I should have never signed up for m1. Fibre is not good for people who relocate. Cable is the best. Any thoughts?

True that cable is better for people who rent house. But sooner or later cable Broadband will cease. No router provided.

Last edited:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

You mentioned that you should have never signed up with M1. It sounded like you are blaming them when you chose to sign the contract with them. No matter which telco, it is common that you will need to pay a penalty if you want to break the contract. You can't penalize the ISP because you want to relocate and have to break the contract. 130 penalty to break a contract is not considered high since you have about 6 months left. Essentially the penalty is to pay for the remaining months you are contracted.

Cable is best from what perspective? 100Mbps @ 20 vs 300Mbps @ 29? Bearing in mind that M1 and Starhub both offers 500Mbps @ 30 bucks from time to time. If you are looking at speed, then cable obviously plays second fiddle. Cable from my understanding tend to be a little more stable depending on which fiber provided you are comparing. If it is only for your convenience of terminating at any time, then you may want to consider the 100Mbps cable since there is no strings attached.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True that cable is better for people who rent house. But sooner or later cable Broadband will cease. No router provided.

Or rather its the lack of a contract that makes it better for people that move around a lot. The installation is also more straight forward.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cable is so yester-year.

If you are talking about the lack of capacity issue, it is the NetLinkTrust issue, not M1 or andy fiber broadband telco's fault. Actually all the telcos are being sabo by NLT because of this issue. Maybe Singtel kena less since NLT is Singtel own.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mentioned that you should have never signed up with M1. It sounded like you are blaming them when you chose to sign the contract with them. No matter which telco, it is common that you will need to pay a penalty if you want to break the contract. You can't penalize the ISP because you want to relocate and have to break the contract. 130 penalty to break a contract is not considered high since you have about 6 months left. Essentially the penalty is to pay for the remaining months you are contracted.

Cable is best from what perspective? 100Mbps @ 20 vs 300Mbps @ 29? Bearing in mind that M1 and Starhub both offers 500Mbps @ 30 bucks from time to time. If you are looking at speed, then cable obviously plays second fiddle. Cable from my understanding tend to be a little more stable depending on which fiber provided you are comparing. If it is only for your convenience of terminating at any time, then you may want to consider the 100Mbps cable since there is no strings attached.

To me, I dont care, whether it is netlink issue or who ever issue. My contract is with M1 and if they cannot provide assured service to me then I blame them. For me breaking the contract is not the issue. The issue is uncertainty of whether I will have internet in my new house.

Cable is best, because it gets activated immediately. Just cash and carry, no need to take appointment and be there in the house for someone to come and check. Actually they need 2 people to come and check on different days so 2 appointments. That is a hassle and after that also no guarantees that I will have internet.

Also, all these numbers, 100mbps,1gbps, 100 gbps are hogwash. If there was 1mbps available, that would suffice my need. I have used 1mbps free internet that used to come with starhub hubstation and I dont feel any difference between that and my 300mbps fibre broadband for my use case.

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
"I dont care" is for LOSERS.

The NetLink Group plays a fundamental role in the delivery of fibre services throughout Singapore. It is the sole appointed network company for Singapore's NG-NBN

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/netlink-nbn-trust-launches-s23b-ipo

Sent from 当断不断, 害人害己 using GAGT

jianhui1982

Reaction score
How is M1 now??

Hi all,

How is M1 now?? in terms of speed, surfing sites, any block sites?:s12:

I am on VQ, contract ending, i am thinking should i go over..

:s13:

jianhui1982

Reaction score
Battlefield, Torrent, those online steaming, Kodi.
As i am using DNS from VQ, therefore i also do not know which sites is actually block by other ISP too

-Grift-

Reaction score
Battlefield, Torrent, those online steaming, Kodi.
As i am using DNS from VQ, therefore i also do not know which sites is actually block by other ISP too

1. Bf4 local server 3-4ms, not sure about bf1.
2. Torrent have no issues hitting 100MB/s (as long as your router can handle all those concurrent connections)
3. No issue with multiple 4K YouTube streams and Netflix content are served with a M1 mirror so it’s all fast and snappy for me.
4. No blocked sites so far

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.