Feedback for Xiaomi Service Centre

David87

Reaction score
Hi guys, here's what I have experienced with the Xiaomi service centre recently. Thought it will be good to share it here for awareness. The summary below was also sent to their their centralized email and I am now waiting for their response.

"" Hi. I just visited your service centre on 2 Feb 2018, 7.45pm and here is my experience:

I asked your staff (Ardy) if there is any issue with their service hotline because I have been trying to reach them for the past 2 weeks but to no avail. He told me that they simply will not pick up any calls to their customer service hotline because there is a shortage of staff at their end. In his exact words, I quote, ‘You will not be able to call in to us, because there is not enough staff here to man the phone’.

He returned the phone to me and told me that it wasn’t repaired because there’s water damage on the motherboard. He claimed to have called me several times including text, none of which I have received from the day I sent in my phone.

Did he really call or is this a really bad case of miscommunication? For the whole 3 weeks, I wasn’t updated anything on the repair status, until I came down and only to find out that it wasn’t repaired.

After he went into the service room, his colleague (Tommy, a guy with tattoos on his arm) came out and attended to me instead. Basically he told me the same thing as what Ardy told me. He further advised me that there is nothing I can do and suggested that I write in to feedback.

There was also a $32.10 fee which was chargeable for ‘inspecting’ my phone and out of ‘goodwill’, he waived it for me.

FYI, this phone was only with me for less than 2 months and it had problems booting up. This is definitely the worst customer experience I have had in years. It is totally unacceptable. I hope someone can explain how can this happen, and provide some closure for me, please.

Thanks. ""

Apex

Reaction score
been a long time since I last visited their svc centre..

Overall I would rate 5/10. People there are like ah beng style lol. That was like 2 years ago when I visited them.

grapewall

Reaction score
I ever witnessed a staff speaking loudly and obviously looking down at an indian national who brought in his phone for repair. That is no way to treat a customer!

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time I went there was in 2016 to repair my Redmi Note 2 faulty speaker. The repair was done within the same day(2 hours) and everything was OK. Maybe you can contact them thru the live chat.

https://www.mi.com/sg/service/online/

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 5 PLUS using GAGT

Last edited:

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
Last time I went there was in 2016 to repair my Redmi Note 2 faulty speaker. The repair was done within the same day(2 hours) and everything was OK. Maybe you can contact them thru the live chat.

https://www.mi.com/sg/service/online/

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 5 PLUS using GAGT

no more in use, message below appears when one tries to login
"Dear Customer, because of business changes, this online chat service will is terminated from June 1st 2016. If you have any questions please contact our service email as below. We are very sorry for the inconvinience. Thank you! Email:service.sg@xiaomi.com"

PongRareRare

Reaction score
Although I don’t agree to the statement, previously a cafe owner said ‘if u want to be treated like a queen, spend like a queen’. Absurd but yea, that’s how some ppl do their business. Don’t think situation can improve

Nana11

Reaction score
Hi all...last week my daughter went down to the service ctr on wed(18/7/2018) to send her redmi hp for repair and her hp is still under warranty. A lady served her. The lady then called me up to inform dat it was due to software problem, datz y her hp was problematic. Fine....i then agreed for them to service my daughter's hp coz need parents consent if below 18 years old. Fair enuf. The lady told my daughter that she can collect her hp on friday(20/7/2018).
On friday after sch, my daughter went back to the service ctr to collect her hp. To her disbelief, she was asked to make payment of $118 for servicing by the male staff who served her. He then told her if she dun wanna repair her hp, she must make a payment of $32 which is apparently compulsory coz they checked her hp. They told my daughter is bcoz of water damage n need to change d motherboard.
I find it very weird coz d day d hp was sent in for svc, they said it was software prob. Then they change it to water damage on d day she went to collect her hp.So which is d prob now?
This also means dat they didn't repair/service my daughter's hp.
FYI my hubby worked at a mobile shop b4, he knws d exact prob of d hp(which is software prob) . Wen my daughter called to inform wat was said to her, we were so frustrated. We knw dis tactic is apparently commonly used to void d warranty n for dem to make money. Or shall i say daylight robbery, ripping people's money off, cheating! Come on! Who do they think they r tryin to fool. The staff then said to my daughter if u wanna get back ur hp u must pay d service fee first, if not u can't take back ur hp. We will hold onto ur hp.
For how long are they gonna hold d hp btw?
Which i guess if i didn't make any payment at all, they r gonna use my daughter's hp as spare parts izzit?
Wat logic is dis?
Can anyone pls tell me is there a need to make any payment for servicing if d hp is still under warranty?
Other hp brands service ctr dat i went to b4, whereby d hp is still under warranty, i don't need to fork out a single cent at all. No payment needed for service charge or change of motherboard.In fact it was way much more complicated prob if i wanna compare to my daughter's hp prob. Coz the hp was still under WARRANTY! If d hp warranty has expired, i totally can understand d need to make payment for servicing but for this case i really cannot understand...
Btw does xiaomi svc ctr understand d meaning of warranty in d first place?
I am really disgusted, frustrated and disappointed by the way how they easily rip people's money off n their service is damn bloody F up!

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No payment is need if this is software issue or due to Xiaomo firmware issue.

But why the repair center now say is water demaged?

Is a ripe off! Seem the service center quality has not improved after so many years.

acidcrash

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No payment is need if this is software issue or due to Xiaomo firmware issue.

But why the repair center now say is water demaged?

Is a ripe off! Seem the service center quality has not improved after so many years.

Makes me think just buy export set rather than local set

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe u can run a check on the FAQ or warranty tnc Is there is a service charge?

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
Any one experience xiaomi phone bought from mobile shop claimed to be local 1 year warranty with but when send for repair at service centre told it is an export set, Mi A1 phone with receipt shows 1 year warranty went to service centre due to suspected battery bloating was told it is an export set even showed them the receipt.

Hotsnow

Reaction score
Any one experience xiaomi phone bought from mobile shop claimed to be local 1 year warranty with but when send for repair at service centre told it is an export set, Mi A1 phone with receipt shows 1 year warranty went to service centre due to suspected battery bloating was told it is an export set even showed them the receipt.

That one year refers to that shop warranty , not Xiaomi.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
Use this link
https://www.mi.com/verify/#imei_en

It says delivery address Papua New Guinea, they have replied say their previous staff might have mistaken with the warranty for this phone. They told me to bring down the phone to check will see how it goes.

Hotsnow

Reaction score
It says delivery address Papua New Guinea, they have replied say their previous staff might have mistaken with the warranty for this phone. They told me to bring down the phone to check will see how it goes.

Usually battery warranty is 6 months only.

Pocoyoz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

where did you purchase from? neighbourhood shop :s11:

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
where did you purchase from? neighbourhood shop :s11:

The receipt shows from neighbourhood shop but the phone i bought 2nd hand from carousell seller on january this year he say is local warranty from xiaomi service centre receipt also show 1 year warranty and the box also got ida sticker. Maybe i should have double check that time.

Last edited:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The receipt shows from neighbourhood shop but the phone i bought 2nd hand from carousell seller on january this year he say is local warranty from xiaomi service centre receipt also show 1 year warranty and the box also got ida sticker. Maybe i should have double check that time.

Some time even with IDA stickers on the box doesn't prove this phone origin :p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.