Huawei Mate 10

micromousez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried to use the phone without screen protector?

I wonder how durable is the screen...

i dropped my phone around the height of my waist on the 3rd day with default screen protector n no casing..
End result: Phone Screen cracked

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dropped my phone around the height of my waist on the 3rd day with default screen protector n no casing..

Wow.. Better to put on a case even though it will cover up the beautiful design.

raintr33

Reaction score
I just recvd my Nillkin tempered glass screen protector after waiting 2 weeks delivery and found i ordered the wrong one for Mate 10 Pro.

Anyone needs a Mate 10 Pro protector? Original price is $8, I can let go at $6.

iamnagel

Reaction score
Anyone managed to roll back to earlier version of firmware without losing data?

I tried using firmware finder (successfully used it in the past), but now I encounter the server not available error. How to overcome this?

blueberry.

Reaction score
I saw this phone when I was outside shopping and it looks good. Anyone using it? How is the quality like? The camera good?

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my wife smashed my phone, causing the rear camera, rear panel and LCD screen to crack.

the cost to change the rear panel and camera cost 170, inclusive diagnostic fee.

thereafter, they replace the LCD and bezel for free.

when I collect the phone a week later, I realised that the accelerometer wasn't working, hence I brought it back.

they replaced the motherboard for free.

luckily they didn't diagnose that motherboard problem when I sent it for the first repair. if not I would have to pay 500+ for it.

overall I was very happy with the low repair fee and free LCD replacement. i got a new phone literally.

Last edited:

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw this phone when I was outside shopping and it looks good. Anyone using it? How is the quality like? The camera good?

Price / performance pwned all other 2017 flagships including iPhone X.

Camera is top 3 if not best.
Battery life is superb.

CS0287

Reaction score
Wah.... Thanks for sharing.

A few weeks ago, I was walking and swinging my hand like normal. Then my phone slipped and flew away, dropped to the floor with screen facing down.

Luckily with casing and screen protector, the phone was good. So far no crack spotted.

I guess screen protector and casing are quite essential nowadays... Haha

progene

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use the default screen protector and casing. If crack, then go get a tempered glass. So far no issue.

Sent from HUAWEI ALP-L29 using GAGT

shinnsohai

Reaction score
For somewhat reasons I felt regret.

-There's no support on Camera2 API (Maybe just Huawei locking it for no reasons like samsung did)
-There's no community support in other region except China (Huawei eventually locked all of the forums for outsiders, unable to login / register, really troublesome, require VPN to get into it.)
-Slowwwww, firmware updates for customers, models (Except China)

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
What screen protector u all use? I am really bad at applying it. Any shops sell? Thanks.

orange_20

Reaction score

managed to change the screen FOC? i rem huawei has a 3-month free screen replacement for Mate series.

orange_20

Reaction score
What screen protector u all use? I am really bad at applying it. Any shops sell? Thanks.

buy on Taobao. some even provide a guide frame to apply the glass protector. makes it easy to align and apply. price also cheaper than if you were to get it in sg.

the ones from 闪魔 are not bad.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
buy on Taobao. some even provide a guide frame to apply the glass protector. makes it easy to align and apply. price also cheaper than if you were to get it in sg.

the ones from 闪魔 are not bad.

Okays. I hope I don't f it up

r0_ger

Master Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly the stock one on my mate 9 saved me twice! Quite gd leh the original one.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Price / performance pwned all other 2017 flagships including iPhone X.

Camera is top 3 if not best.
Battery life is superb.

The camera quality is very subjective from individual to individual. For example, I liked it, but my wife don't. So I think it is best to try it before deciding. Those DXO scores are to be taken with a pinch of salt since they roughly tell you how good it is, but still subjective to individual preference.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For somewhat reasons I felt regret.

-There's no support on Camera2 API (Maybe just Huawei locking it for no reasons like samsung did)
-There's no community support in other region except China (Huawei eventually locked all of the forums for outsiders, unable to login / register, really troublesome, require VPN to get into it.)
-Slowwwww, firmware updates for customers, models (Except China)

Slow firmware rollout is across most if not all the Android phone makers. Only the likes of Google and Essential phones get prompt updates.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Say if u are in China, can u go into any official shops for fw support? Or they use total different ones.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.