Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adt007

Reaction score
hopefully nothing happen... we already paid yet they want more...

I already told you once they come up disturb you, STOP paying them.

And the only way to wake up from this nightmare is to sell the house.

kittybabe123

Reaction score
Need Help! anyone encounter this before?

Need help. Recently i went to send a IC detail and bank acc number to loanshark without knowing they are unlicensed moneylender. At first i borrow $400 from them in 4days i need to return $600. when they due date to make payment i texted them and ask for bank account number. they keep on delay till past 6pm then send me the acc no. after i transfer they say i have late payment fees and defer fees. i confronted them. the next day they auto transfer me $600 and ask me to return $900 on the spot i confronted them again and they threatened if i dont pay up they will come up my house to splash paint and and burn the house. im so afraid i went to borrow $900 from other place in return 2k. Other place asked me if did i borrow any money from anyone i say yes and told him the story. he asked me to stop paying the person who threaten me and also he say he assure my house will nothing happened. i listen to him and stop paying and blocked them and my house really nothing had happen. but this person when it reaches due date he asked me to defer payment of 1k due to his own reason. so i transfer them 1k. defer due date have reach he ask his colleague to call me and ask me to defer again 1k cos he not in sg. i did it again. im so afraid that i cant make any payment anymore i told my family everything about it and make a police report on it. when the defer date reaches they call me and ask for defer again. my family was so angry and spoke to the man who keep ask me to defer. he say he is from malaysia ah long. he kept threatened say wanna come up our house. Do you think they will really ask ppl to come up ?? need some advise?? thankyou

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need help. Recently i went to send a IC detail and bank acc number to loanshark without knowing they are unlicensed moneylender. At first i borrow $400 from them in 4days i need to return $600. when they due date to make payment i texted them and ask for bank account number. they keep on delay till past 6pm then send me the acc no. after i transfer they say i have late payment fees and defer fees. i confronted them. the next day they auto transfer me $600 and ask me to return $900 on the spot i confronted them again and they threatened if i dont pay up they will come up my house to splash paint and and burn the house. im so afraid i went to borrow $900 from other place in return 2k. Other place asked me if did i borrow any money from anyone i say yes and told him the story. he asked me to stop paying the person who threaten me and also he say he assure my house will nothing happened. i listen to him and stop paying and blocked them and my house really nothing had happen. but this person when it reaches due date he asked me to defer payment of 1k due to his own reason. so i transfer them 1k. defer due date have reach he ask his colleague to call me and ask me to defer again 1k cos he not in sg. i did it again. im so afraid that i cant make any payment anymore i told my family everything about it and make a police report on it. when the defer date reaches they call me and ask for defer again. my family was so angry and spoke to the man who keep ask me to defer. he say he is from malaysia ah long. he kept threatened say wanna come up our house. Do you think they will really ask ppl to come up ?? need some advise?? thankyou
From a small ah long to a bigger ah long?

kittybabe123

Reaction score
I am also facing loanshark issues but the counsellors and people who have similar experience I spoke with all told me not to pay up and ignore/block all their calls and messages. I also installed a cctv at my doorstep. It has been 1 month now and nothing has happened. Hopefully we will all pull through this.

Hi, so far till now anyone went up to ur house ??

Adt007

Reaction score

Same syndicate. Defer loan is the worst kind of loan.

The normal loan is if you take $400 loan, you take back $320 and pay $100 for 4 weeks.

To take a loan of $400 but pay back $600 in 4 days ? Do your maths.

Im sorry to say but u have to stop paying them and prepared for what is going to happen.

DO NOT borrow more to pay them liao. You will receive a lot of messages from "other" ah long offering you assistance but they are from the same syndicate.

Buy and install cctv outside your home, it will not stop the consequences you are about to face but it will at least deter some of them. Worse is they will target your neighbours instead.

Prepare to buy some thinner (to clean off the paint) paint (same colour of your door) and have your NPC and Town council contact in your phone. NPC to report and town council for them to come clean the writings in the common corridor (Its FOC)

Change your contact number.

If end of the day you cannot tahan, then sell your house.

kittybabe123

Reaction score
Same syndicate. Defer loan is the worst kind of loan.

The normal loan is if you take $400 loan, you take back $320 and pay $100 for 4 weeks.

To take a loan of $400 but pay back $600 in 4 days ? Do your maths.

Im sorry to say but u have to stop paying them and prepared for what is going to happen.

DO NOT borrow more to pay them liao. You will receive a lot of messages from "other" ah long offering you assistance but they are from the same syndicate.

Buy and install cctv outside your home, it will not stop the consequences you are about to face but it will at least deter some of them. Worse is they will target your neighbours instead.

Prepare to buy some thinner (to clean off the paint) paint (same colour of your door) and have your NPC and Town council contact in your phone. NPC to report and town council for them to come clean the writings in the common corridor (Its FOC)

Change your contact number.

If end of the day you cannot tahan, then sell your house.

Do you know they take how long to come up the house??

Adt007

Reaction score
Do you know they take how long to come up the house??

Have you default ? Have you gone MIA ? (Meaning dont answer their phone or change number)

If yes, within 1-3 days.

Step one is they will send a man up to knock on your door and ask you to call the ah long back. Or take picture of your house and send the picture to you to prove that he indeed got send people up. This serves as a warning.

Step two is you will find writings on the wall. NRIC, name, unit number, O$P$, call XXX @ XXXXXXXX

Step three is splash paint, throw flower pot, and nowadays set fire

Step four is to target your neighbours for step 2 and 3

Step five write off as bad debts but occasionally backside itchy still will send their runner up to do step 2 -4, just for fun

Adt007

Reaction score
From a small ah long to a bigger ah long?

Normally start from a small loan ah long to a bigger ah long then proceed to many small loan ah longs then to many big loan ah long until you have to pay almost $2000 a week just to service the interest. Till you finally cannot pay them off and then face the consequences.

kittybabe123

Reaction score
Have you default ? Have you gone MIA ? (Meaning dont answer their phone or change number)

If yes, within 1-3 days.

Step one is they will send a man up to knock on your door and ask you to call the ah long back. Or take picture of your house and send the picture to you to prove that he indeed got send people up. This serves as a warning.

Step two is you will find writings on the wall. NRIC, name, unit number, O$P$, call XXX @ XXXXXXXX

Step three is splash paint, throw flower pot, and nowadays set fire

Step four is to target your neighbours for step 2 and 3

Step five write off as bad debts but occasionally backside itchy still will send their runner up to do step 2 -4, just for fun

normally they will come in a day or midnight ??

Adt007

Reaction score
normally they will come in a day or midnight ??

There is no time frame on when they will strike.

But definately not during peak hours like people going to work or coming back home.

Which means 6am-8am and 5pm-10pm is the safe period

Oh by the way when u take the loan did they use the modern method of verification by asking your Singpass to verify you or use old method send ppl to meet you to check IC ?

shissou99

Reaction score
hopefully nothing happen... we already paid yet they want more...

Yes, last year i've met same situation with you, even we settled the payment down, they still request more than that, then keep threaten , show burning house, or splash paint house pic or video, but i just ignored it, cause i already paid what i should pay eventhough they denied and said didnt received it. they called to my office and my hp number everyday, keep threatening but didnt show up at all,they stop for 8- 9 months, after one years later, today they call again and whatapps me with different number, ask me to provide bank account number and force me to take a new loan from them, if i dont, they said they will burn my house bla bla bla. Anyway, i just ignored them.

last year keep ask me to pay them more, now keep ask me to take loan, what a funny ah long =.= now ah long business no good become beggar already.

but for me, at the end i didnt switch my place, my job and my hp number.
Still remain as usual, cause for me they just say only, no action at all for this two years. they just "follow up" with it see any chances to get more money from your side. wait you feel irritating bek tahan will give money to them

Adt007

Reaction score
Yes, last year i've met same situation with you, even we settled the payment down, they still request more than that, then keep threaten , show burning house, or splash paint house pic or video, but i just ignored it, cause i already paid what i should pay eventhough they denied and said didnt received it. they called to my office and my hp number everyday, keep threatening but didnt show up at all,they stop for 8- 9 months, after one years later, today they call again and whatapps me with different number, ask me to provide bank account number and force me to take a new loan from them, if i dont, they said they will burn my house bla bla bla. Anyway, i just ignored them.

You are the least piority for them to come up disturb you. No point spending money for runners to come up.

The person who call you today probably are not the ones you took last time. Maybe not even the same syndicate. They got your details from a ah long database.

msaz

Reaction score
i think you are allowed to defend yourself .if the loan shark runner burn your door, just parang him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.