The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Dots for sure. Machine only if patient cnt response then we do it objectively. Usually subjectively is best since it's based on your response. The auto refractor or the one you look inside to see the Hot air balloon is just to have a rough gauge of your degree. It's not 100% accurate but gives a 80% rough power(usually)? Still need to refine no matter.

Hi, which way to test for astig is more accurate?

The machine or the manual way?

Mr Brown

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Want to make lens but kwong shin close until next week. Any other shop to recommend? Making zeiss. Thanks.

Can try Yong Kai Optical

postal code 530806

The uncle qoute me drivesafe at $300 for 1.6 lens

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is Zeiss Digital lens worth the money? And how is it compared to drivesafe lens?

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
What kind of lenses are you looking at? progressives/midway/single vision?
If progressives, then maybe drivesafe, if single vision/midway, straight go with digital lens or even energize me.

Digital lenses are good if you are near the age of wearing a progressive lens.
Digital lenses have a choice of letting you have a additional power of up to +1.25(essentially your lao hua power). Thus usually i would recommend such lenses before the customer use a progressive as the design of the digital lenses are more soft so customer wont feel too much wavy/dizziness of progressive lens. Digital lenses also comes together with blue protect and duravision platinum coating.

Drivesafe lenses, on the other hand, depending on the whether it is the single vision or progressive then its different. Drivesafe lenses comes with a special coating that causes the lenses to be slightly yellow thus increasing the clarity/contrast at night. But thats just for single vision, whereas their progressives works just like how any normal progressive lenses will be. Drivesafe progressive tier is somewhere around precision plus series or asiana series.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What kind of lenses are you looking at? progressives/midway/single vision?
If progressives, then maybe drivesafe, if single vision/midway, straight go with digital lens or even energize me.

Digital lenses are good if you are near the age of wearing a progressive lens.
Digital lenses have a choice of letting you have a additional power of up to +1.25(essentially your lao hua power). Thus usually i would recommend such lenses before the customer use a progressive as the design of the digital lenses are more soft so customer wont feel too much wavy/dizziness of progressive lens. Digital lenses also comes together with blue protect and duravision platinum coating.

Drivesafe lenses, on the other hand, depending on the whether it is the single vision or progressive then its different. Drivesafe lenses comes with a special coating that causes the lenses to be slightly yellow thus increasing the clarity/contrast at night. But thats just for single vision, whereas their progressives works just like how any normal progressive lenses will be. Drivesafe progressive tier is somewhere around precision plus series or asiana series.

Not sure what is midway but I'm single vision.

I'm leaning towards drivesafe cos like its name applies
, i drive more hours on the road than staring at computer

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure what is midway but I'm single vision.

I'm leaning towards drivesafe cos like its name applies
, i drive more hours on the road than staring at computer

ah midway is something like 35-40 kind. whereby going to transit to progressive but not yet.
If you spend more time driving then yes drivesafe is pretty much the lens for u however, do you drive more at night? The lenses are optimised more for night driving which explains the yellow hue which you will be looking through. If more during the day then actually you can either consider the normal lenses too. Of course choose the duravision coating which is more resistant.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ah midway is something like 35-40 kind. whereby going to transit to progressive but not yet.
If you spend more time driving then yes drivesafe is pretty much the lens for u however, do you drive more at night? The lenses are optimised more for night driving which explains the yellow hue which you will be looking through. If more during the day then actually you can either consider the normal lenses too. Of course choose the duravision coating which is more resistant.

More daytime. Ya. Maybe will go for digital lens

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes! If digital then you can consider Energize me also can.

Thanks! Will consider that too.

Just curious. How long ur guys specs last you. My current one is like 1yr plus. Lens no scratches. Just that the frame getting out of shape after tortured by my kids
And my visual seem to have problems with near and far viewing recently

Wondering if this justify a new purchase. Lol

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
May I ask how old are you now? You might be having early presbyopia.

Usually with kids I recommend using plastic frames, can adjust easily by heating up the frame. Using metal frame, if the frame bend, there will be metal fatigue and will break easier during adjustment.. mine last me for years but I change cause I want smth different😅

Thanks! Will consider that too.

Just curious. How long ur guys specs last you. My current one is like 1yr plus. Lens no scratches. Just that the frame getting out of shape after tortured by my kids
And my visual seem to have problems with near and far viewing recently

Wondering if this justify a new purchase. Lol

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I ask how old are you now? You might be having early presbyopia.

Usually with kids I recommend using plastic frames, can adjust easily by heating up the frame. Using metal frame, if the frame bend, there will be metal fatigue and will break easier during adjustment.. mine last me for years but I change cause I want smth different😅

Mid thirties

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro GANGSTERKIA can recommend some place in the east? preferably Tampines or Pasir Ris.

Sorry bro your place abit far for me =:p

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently what is truly the best lens? No budget. Am on zeiss and wondering is there anything better. Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.