The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Will consider that too.

Just curious. How long ur guys specs last you. My current one is like 1yr plus. Lens no scratches. Just that the frame getting out of shape after tortured by my kids
And my visual seem to have problems with near and far viewing recently

Wondering if this justify a new purchase. Lol

Typically, my frames last me almost forever. Past 7 years, have been using rayban. I have 4 pairs of them. Onli 1 matt pair have its plastic coating slightly dropped.

Plastic frames are very durable. They hardly spoil imo.

Take note what you use to wipe ur lens. Last time, I wipe my glasses using long 4 in outfield. Whole lens full of micro-scratches. Lesson learned.

I believe presbyopia is creeping in which explains your issue with near currently! Thus digital lens then would be the perfect fit for you!

Mind explaining more abt presbyopia? What are the symptoms and how to spot it?
Izzit a slight dizziness when looking at near & harder to focus?

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently what is truly the best lens? No budget. Am on zeiss and wondering is there anything better. Thanks

Carl zeiss is still the best in terms of clarity. But I dont see other brands compromised much in terms of quality as well. Other brands are good too.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Typically, my frames last me almost forever. Past 7 years, have been using rayban. I have 4 pairs of them. Onli 1 matt pair have its plastic coating slightly dropped.

Plastic frames are very durable. They hardly spoil imo.

Take note what you use to wipe ur lens. Last time, I wipe my glasses using long 4 in outfield. Whole lens full of micro-scratches. Lesson learned.

Mind explaining more abt presbyopia? What are the symptoms and how to spot it?
Izzit a slight dizziness when looking at near & harder to focus?

Signs of presbyopia are when reading at near, yes it will be harder to focus, you might see some double vision,eye strain when looking at computer screen. Reading might become better when you pull your reading material further away.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger for my most expensive spectacles ever

Lindberg buffalo horn titanium

But the design and comfort is EXACTLY what I had been looking for all these years.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Congrats my Friend!!!!!

What lens did you get too?

But the design and comfort is EXACTLY what I had been looking for all these years.

Stylebit

Reaction score

Got photo see see?

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Good choice and even better choice for the horn.
But rmb to take care of it e.g polish once every 6months-1year or before you go overseas to cold countries. Polishing usually done in your respective shop.

Zeiss Digital :)

FrozenClay

Reaction score

Can share where you bought them from? Been looking around and not many shops carry horn.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good choice and even better choice for the horn.
But rmb to take care of it e.g polish once every 6months-1year or before you go overseas to cold countries. Polishing usually done in your respective shop.

Wah. Din know it need so much TLC one. Haha

raynerho

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm currently looking for a pair of glasses with fold-able clip on sunglasses. Done my research and currently have shortlisted 2 brands which offer relatively nice frames and separate fold-able clip on sunglasses, Ahlem Eyewear and Garrett Leight.

However, the prices of these brands are on the higher side, and I'm actually looking for cheaper options. I'm particular about having the fold-able clip ons, as I have a pair of owndays clip on sunglasses which are not fold-able. The owndays clip on is super flimsy and would need to be in a hard case to protect it. Problem is, I do not like carrying a bag when I go out and hence I seldom wear the owndays pair as I do not want to break the clip ons.

Would you guys happen to have any recommendations on glasses with foldable clip ons that are wallet friendly. Budget would be about 350-400sgd.

Thanks all!

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, zeiss it is then. Oh man gian the lindberg now also. Interested in a custom one. Shall go have a look lol.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, zeiss it is then. Oh man gian the lindberg now also. Interested in a custom one. Shall go have a look lol.

Its really nice. I finally found the right one for my face shape and size.
I got big head. So getting a specs that's wide enough is difficult. This horn design just nice they do big. And shape is perfect. Comfort is there too. Really cannot walk away despite the heavy price tag

vbhelper

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its really nice. I finally found the right one for my face shape and size.
I got big head. So getting a specs that's wide enough is difficult. This horn design just nice they do big. And shape is perfect. Comfort is there too. Really cannot walk away despite the heavy price tag

any sample pic from the net to show us ur chosen spec?
what's the dmg?:s12:

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any sample pic from the net to show us ur chosen spec?
what's the dmg?:s12:

Ehh to most of you it may look like normal plastic frame. But to people like me with a big head, getting such design is quite hard to find. Most plastic frame that resembles this will kiap my temple and cause headache. Also the frame will look like kena force wider as they try to accommodate my head with that limited width.

Mine looks similar to this
lindberg1818b.jpg

But of cos im not AMDK. Haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.