[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGJoe86

Reaction score
Hi all, will need to consult your expertise. Anyone know where to buy DS414J motherboard?

My friend passed me his DS414J which had not been able to power up; got light on power brick, but no activity on the NAS. Wanted to try swapping power adapter with my own DS214j but their power connector is different. I am guessing probable suspect is fried motherboard.

So far been searching online, but no luck in finding any sources for it :(

symbiote28

Reaction score
anyone using the ds218play? my HDD abit noisy. if i'm only installing one HDD for now, it should go on the top tray right?

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, will need to consult your expertise. Anyone know where to buy DS414J motherboard?

My friend passed me his DS414J which had not been able to power up; got light on power brick, but no activity on the NAS. Wanted to try swapping power adapter with my own DS214j but their power connector is different. I am guessing probable suspect is fried motherboard.

So far been searching online, but no luck in finding any sources for it :(

Either is the power adapter or motherboard gone up lorry.

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone can recommend me what should i get?

216/8j
216/8
216/8+
216/8 play

Main purpose
- Store Photo (1Tb worth)
- Video (Tv show/ movie (non 4k) 1TB worth), might use plex
- Xiaomi webcam footage (14 days video)
- a email server
- dropbox style file sharing.

I am looking at 2 x 4tb ds218+ dunno is it overkill anot.

Tyer

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro, will like to tag on to your post. I am using Vstarcam. Model is C7824WIP. The camera itself and app are working fine. However, I am trying to connect it to my Synology NAS DS214play. I was using Surveillance station 8.1 from Synology. Was able to see the camera details under the genetic ONVIF quick setup. However, when i click on the test connection, it failed.
The error is "Fail to receive video stream. Please open camera's UDP port in your router."

I am using Asus Router RT-87.

I do not know what I need to do about it. Anyone can help?

Hobbes234

Reaction score
Does anyone experience problem of the DS File and DS Get app being very unresponsive (cannot login or super slow login) over Internet? The apps is fine within home network. Over the Internet, Web Interface and SFTP works fine. I am using manual port forwarding instead of QuickConnect.

No issues using quickconnect. Else try Setup OpenVPN on router... try login with VPN

Hobbes234

Reaction score
Bro, will like to tag on to your post. I am using Vstarcam. Model is C7824WIP. The camera itself and app are working fine. However, I am trying to connect it to my Synology NAS DS214play. I was using Surveillance station 8.1 from Synology. Was able to see the camera details under the genetic ONVIF quick setup. However, when i click on the test connection, it failed.
The error is "Fail to receive video stream. Please open camera's UDP port in your router."

I am using Asus Router RT-87.

I do not know what I need to do about it. Anyone can help?

Vstarcam troublesome to setup. Set static address for ur cam. u need to use the vstarcam software to access user interface of the camera and assign the static ip (on ur router too)
Use the nas only for recording.
After that don’t bother using the dscam app to access the camera.. damn slow. Didn’t like idea of opening ports So Setup openVPN on ur router and use ipcam viewer. Login to vpn when u want to view
App available on App Store or playstore.

Free version is for 4 cams. Anything more u need to pay.

Hobbes234

Reaction score
Regretted buying the wd reds... gave me so much problem with bad sectors n things like that... WD is no longer like before. HGST FTW. Google for their MTBF

And definitely no SEAGATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.