The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Shuntified

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a very silly question to ask.

My astigmatism and shortsightedness is quite high so I can't really see how I look like when I try the frame on.

Thus will it be better if I do an eye test and buy some contact lenses first, before trying on the frames to see how I look?

Or will I get a better deal if I purchase both contacts and a new pair of specs together?

Quite new to adulting so yeah, any advice is highly appreciated.

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score

My astigmatism and shortsightedness is quite high so I can't really see how I look like when I try the frame on.

Thus will it be better if I do an eye test and buy some contact lenses first, before trying on the frames to see how I look?

Or will I get a better deal if I purchase both contacts and a new pair of specs together?

u can buy 1day contacts if its really necessary LOL.

else, family/friends are there for a reason....

flow91

Reaction score
essilor vs zeiss which lens has better scratch resistance?

Currently looking at the crizal eyezen lens by essilor.
what is the equivalent lens zeiss has?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Not silly at all! Ask the optom/optician take photo for you to see. Don't need waste extra and go through all this trouble. They will understand if your power high you cannot see.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
You chose the wood/horn edition?

Ehh to most of you it may look like normal plastic frame. But to people like me with a big head, getting such design is quite hard to find. Most plastic frame that resembles this will kiap my temple and cause headache. Also the frame will look like kena force wider as they try to accommodate my head with that limited width.

Mine looks similar to this
lindberg1818b.jpg

But of cos im not AMDK. Haha

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Even though same model e.g. Colour , but each horn will look different from each other due to the natural Fiber used. Thus it's always different in terms of Colour variation. Name engraving can be done too on your Lindberg frames not exclusive to just horn.

Ehh to most of you it may look like normal plastic frame. But to people like me with a big head, getting such design is quite hard to find. Most plastic frame that resembles this will kiap my temple and cause headache. Also the frame will look like kena force wider as they try to accommodate my head with that limited width.

Mine looks similar to this
lindberg1818b.jpg

But of cos im not AMDK. Haha

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even though same model e.g. Colour , but each horn will look different from each other due to the natural Fiber used. Thus it's always different in terms of Colour variation. Name engraving can be done too on your Lindberg frames not exclusive to just horn.

Ya. The fun part is looking at several "same color" and i picked the one that I like most about the gradient etc

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

take a selfie, or look through your phone camera

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Alcohol8

Reaction score
Very comfortable pair. I was about to go for this before I got poisoned by the horn

You mean you saw the exact same frame?! Can share where is it? :D

I saw some nice horns and especially love the wood/horn design. But I tend to seat on my spec and so I decided not to get it.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean you saw the exact same frame?! Can share where is it? :D

I saw some nice horns and especially love the wood/horn design. But I tend to seat on my spec and so I decided not to get it.

Air titanium yes but not the Raymond in particular. But I believe the range of air titanium are very well made and comfortable. Same as the place I got the horn, jamco

dyns1992

Reaction score
Hi all, I having 150 degrees both eyes agtim 25 each.
What kind of lens should I look for?
Doing alot of PC work and eyes sensitive to lights

Thanks in advance

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe normal single vision lens with blue light protection will do. If your eyes feel tired after doing pc work, you can consider Energize me from zeiss, eyezen from essilor or shamir relax from shamir! Normal 1.50/1.56 index will do fine for you.

Hi all, I having 150 degrees both eyes agtim 25 each.
What kind of lens should I look for?
Doing alot of PC work and eyes sensitive to lights

Thanks in advance

dyns1992

Reaction score
I believe normal single vision lens with blue light protection will do. If your eyes feel tired after doing pc work, you can consider Energize me from zeiss, eyezen from essilor or shamir relax from shamir! Normal 1.50/1.56 index will do fine for you.
One more question, what should be the price I should be looking at?
Normal frame will do

Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.