Kway Chap stall in the Hougang Ave. 7 wet market

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, the wet market I am referring to is block 11. I used to frequent this stall. Run by 3 old ladies and an old man. I do not know if they are still in business elsewhere since the market has been torn down. If you know where this stall is located now, appreciate if you can let me know. Same for the other stalls, like the one selling chicken rice facing the row of shops, the fried carrot cake store (1 man show) next to the chicken store, and the noodle stall next to the carrot cake store.

Then there is also this economy rice stall at the coffee shop opposite the market that sells cheap and good food. Usually can see long queue. This coffee shop also has a store that sells wanton mee and mutton soup.

Thanks.

Last edited:

seePyou

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, the wet market I am referring to is block 11. I used to frequent this stall. Run by 3 old ladies and an old man. I do not know if they are still in business elsewhere since the market has been torn down. If you know where this stall is located now, appreciate if you can let me know. Same for the other stalls, like the one selling chicken rice facing the row of shops, the fried carrot cake store (1 man show) next to the chicken store, and the noodle stall next to the carrot cake store.

Then there is also this economy rice stall at the coffee shop opposite the market that sells cheap and good food. Usually can see long queue. This coffee shop also has a store that sells wanton mee and mutton soup.

Thanks.

Is it the infamous stall that will still give you pig skin when u specifically said you don't want it?

decade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

The noodle stall (prawn mee, u mean?) is now at the coffee shop at blk 7 while the economy rice is now at block 6 beside the clinic...the wantan mee and mutton soup is now at blk 3++ , cant remember the block...paisei

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it the infamous stall that will still give you pig skin when u specifically said you don't want it?

I dun know. If I remember correctly, it is the only kway chap store in that market. Anyway, I always ask for more pig skin, cos I love them so much. 8)

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The noodle stall (prawn mee, u mean?) is now at the coffee shop at blk 7 while the economy rice is now at block 6 beside the clinic...the wantan mee and mutton soup is now at blk 3++ , cant remember the block...paisei

oh, some of the stalls are still around there? Thanks. Been passing by that area but did not go in since the market is gone. Will drop by this evening to check it out.

Grandturismo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any updates on the kway chap stall?Anyone got any idea where did it relocate to..?

NormanKohJS

Reaction score
Wow childhood memories of the Blk 11 market. My grandparents used to run the pig organ soup stall. Located near the corner carrot cake lady. Not sure if it’s the one you’re referring to.

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing up this thread. I chanced upon this place once but didn't take notice the address, so for years I didn't know how to search.

I recall the kway chap here being well braised and things were super cheap back then. They also sold pig tongue which is quite rare. I'm also interested to know if they had set up shop elsewhere if anyone knows.

timsum

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kway chup stop operating since the market is gone..one of the carrot cake is relocated at hougang ave 5 blk 327..the meat ball noodle which is just a few stall away is now at lor ah soo mkt

decade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The soya bean drink n the other kway chup stall is now at Toa Payoh lor 1, same market as tian tian Lai Hokkien mee

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
One at the back beside drinks stall, one in front facing the coffee shop beside prawn noodle stall

I only remember the one in the middle, which I believe is you one beside drinks stall. The TPY one is the latter right?

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
surprised to see this thread being updated. hahaha.... the kway chup stall i'm referring to is besides the drink stall. cheap and good. too bad no more liao.

i'm still going back for the cai png shop at blk 6. 1 meat + 2 veg for $2. chicken wings $1 each. cheap and good.

archcherub

Reaction score
i got 2 kway chaps stall to recommend

1 is at Bishan Kopitiam, the 24 hours coffee shop outside Whitney Secondary / Catholic High that area.
Unfortunately it only opens at night, from 815pm onwards to 3:xx am.
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/BjyGLCLh9H92

The other i recommend is the Old Bugis Kway Chap at Sengkang Square kopitiam.
i am not sure if it is still 24 hours currently, i usually go around 11pm and still open.
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/8jkYBuWo7UH2

both are super nice

ZergRush

Reaction score
Those staying in northeast. Just go to Ci Yuen CC and have the kuay chap there. Thank me later

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
Those staying in northeast. Just go to Ci Yuen CC and have the kuay chap there. Thank me later

That's the To-Ricos kway chap which bears the same brand as the Old Airport Road's. However I felt that it wasn't as well braised and less salty, not sure if it's a trait of new generation hawkers to serve healthier options. Nevertheless it's a good fix for those staying nearby.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.