November 2017 SBF

Slinky85

Reaction score
Hi……
My date of selection starts in May but my HLE expires at the end of April. How can I renewal or extend my HLE before the selection date?

I was facing the same issue too. If im not wrong, you can reapply for a new HLE 1 week before your HLE expiry date. After you apply, just drop the CRM managing your HLE application a call to let him/her know your selection date and to expedite for you. One of the CRM told me actually for HLE approval.. 3-4 can get done already.

Ichimatsu

Reaction score
I was facing the same issue too. If im not wrong, you can reapply for a new HLE 1 week before your HLE expiry date. After you apply, just drop the CRM managing your HLE application a call to let him/her know your selection date and to expedite for you. One of the CRM told me actually for HLE approval.. 3-4 can get done already.

HLE application quite fast for me. less than a week to get it approved :)

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yea, im surprised there were a couple of really good units for AMK balance flats. So where did you apply for in the end?

Fail lah, don't mention liao. :(
I agree some of the AMK flats very good.

yoyomoewmoew

Reaction score
Oops sorry. I should state it clearer haha. U would need to calculate the drop out rate urself haha.
When the selection starts, u will be able to see the number of appointments for the day then u need to do the calculation urself hehe.

Hmm i didnt have any of that, but yes i would assume u need to complete it before the appointment.
thank you so much!

zidmosby

Reaction score
buy investment using cpf before 2nd appointment....

2 way:

1. invest your CPF before they can deduct.

2. Take bank loan

I was thinking of this too. Heard bank loan is actually better than HDB loan but have not really done much research.

Told my SO I want to keep CPF so just in case one of us not working, still got balance to cover monthly instalment instead of paying cash. Can also reach minimum sum earlier. But SO argue said the likelihood of us ever getting minimum sum is low because gahmen keep making higher and higher every year :s22:

So might as well let them take now and we save cash on our own.

The Poor One

Reaction score
I was thinking of this too. Heard bank loan is actually better than HDB loan but have not really done much research.

Told my SO I want to keep CPF so just in case one of us not working, still got balance to cover monthly instalment instead of paying cash. Can also reach minimum sum earlier. But SO argue said the likelihood of us ever getting minimum sum is low because gahmen keep making higher and higher every year :s22:

So might as well let them take now and we save cash on our own.

Depends on how you see it.

From HDB loan, you can change to bank loan. But not the other way round.

Currently bank loan interests is lower than HDB. But in the future is unknown.

I have friends who dunno how to invest their cash n thinks that CPF fix interest is more suitable for them and therefore opt for monthly cash repayment instead of CPF.

Well I think the minimal sum is achievable but depends on what's your life style by then. Imagine you bought a BTO for 300k and manage to clear it by 5-10 years. Any CPF after that will all go into retirement CPF , then I think is achievable. However, if you decided to hoot a EC or condo then hard to say.

Xxlxxd

Reaction score
During the selection of flat, what documents do we need to bring? Also when signing of lease?

zidmosby

Reaction score
Depends on how you see it.

From HDB loan, you can change to bank loan. But not the other way round.

Currently bank loan interests is lower than HDB. But in the future is unknown.

I have friends who dunno how to invest their cash n thinks that CPF fix interest is more suitable for them and therefore opt for monthly cash repayment instead of CPF.

Well I think the minimal sum is achievable but depends on what's your life style by then. Imagine you bought a BTO for 300k and manage to clear it by 5-10 years. Any CPF after that will all go into retirement CPF , then I think is achievable. However, if you decided to hoot a EC or condo then hard to say.

Of course that is the dream la to clear HDB asap and CPF can grow. But as life is, things are unpredictable. You may be unemployed, or your cpf contribution not as high.

Just feeling heart pain la after 5 years working and cpf wipe out 50k just like that. Now minimum sum 160k, thought work another 10 years can reach liao lor and be on the safe side. But knowing the gahmen trend, they will change the finish line and we end up still need to work like dog to keep up.

Been doing research and there's pros and cons to everything la. Take HDB grant to lower cost, end up need to pay back WITH interest if we ever sell off the flat. Keep CPF but later might never see it. Keep cash still safest way but you never know when you need to dip into it. Haiya :(

The Poor One

Reaction score
Of course that is the dream la to clear HDB asap and CPF can grow. But as life is, things are unpredictable. You may be unemployed, or your cpf contribution not as high.

Just feeling heart pain la after 5 years working and cpf wipe out 50k just like that. Now minimum sum 160k, thought work another 10 years can reach liao lor and be on the safe side. But knowing the gahmen trend, they will change the finish line and we end up still need to work like dog to keep up.

Been doing research and there's pros and cons to everything la. Take HDB grant to lower cost, end up need to pay back WITH interest if we ever sell off the flat. Keep CPF but later might never see it. Keep cash still safest way but you never know when you need to dip into it. Haiya :(

Most of us go through that. Seeing your CPF become zero is part of a Singaporean life. Just like guys go army. Lol.

CherryBee

Reaction score
*RP: Repurchased Flat (These flats were previously sold and subsequently returned to HDB. Some of the flats have been occupied and renovated by ex-owners.)

I think if theres a * beside the unit number means something has been done to the flat?

Weeli85

Reaction score
Is that any1 apply non mature estate expected selection is earlier or later than Jun?

Not sure whether Jun is the last batch 😏😏

Last edited:

Xxlxxd

Reaction score
Is that any1 apply non mature estate expected selection is earlier or later than Jun?

Not sure whether Jun is the last batch 😏😏

Me. I applied non mature estate and starting on may. Have you received your appointment date and time?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.