Advice on Penang

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, is $200 for 2 pax via Scoot considered cheap?

depending on ur travel date and timing ...
if offpeak such as apr few dates, jetstar prices normally 50+ to 60+ two way taxes in ... thu to sat or sat to mon tue ...

for scoot a320, $100 might be on the not so attractive price tier.
unless u r flying back on sun, that would be a completely diff story ...

Taloona

Master Member
Reaction score
Going to Penang with my spouse next week. If I want to hire a driver to take us around,where to get the contact? Thanks!

hellosgporean

Reaction score
depends on the dates youre going!
im going on a long weekend, and it cost us around $270 for 2 pax :( but i think on non-peak dates it can go much lower :)

weird

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone actually take bus to penang? how's the experience like?
which bus company is recommended?

PS: i'm also considering taking train

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone actually take bus to penang? how's the experience like?
which bus company is recommended?

PS: i'm also considering taking train

Bus and train are very slow and time wasting, take flight only 1 hr cost around $100+.

rotting@desk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Normally is $40 per hour or $320 per day (8hrs).

RM or SGD??
actually more worth it to 包车 for a day o juz keep taking uber/grab to travel ard.
main objective is to hope ard the food joint and taste as many as possible

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RM or SGD??
actually more worth it to 包车 for a day o juz keep taking uber/grab to travel ard.
main objective is to hope ard the food joint and taste as many as possible

RM
You need to look at the map and depend on how you plan for a day. Usually just grab since it's cheap. But if nearby can take bus also.

I hire driver for a day to go ulu places, can group ulu attractions then complete in a day.

rotting@desk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RM
You need to look at the map and depend on how you plan for a day. Usually just grab since it's cheap. But if nearby can take bus also.

I hire driver for a day to go ulu places, can group ulu attractions then complete in a day.

oh okok

thanks alot!!

boon_hou

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
me going penang for 2 days 2 nights in May with my parents in their 60s

1) my airasia arrival flight is tues 5:40pm and departure scoot flight to SG is thurs 8:55pm. any advice how long will i kena jam in the peak hr jam? Lookin to stay in newlane or love lane there... especially departure, whats the good time to leave georgetown for the airport.

2) i plannin to do in the morning half kek lok si/ayer itam food/penang hill.. whats the better sequence in terms of route and timing (weather). Shld i book a half day car service or is grab/uber easy at these places?

3) As for georgetown street art and street food, any good walkthrough anywhere online that we can follow?

4) 23 Lovelane looks really cool.. issit worth a stay? or no need coz we will be out most of the time haha

Thanks in advance 各位大神 *bows*

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
me going penang for 2 days 2 nights in May with my parents in their 60s

1) my airasia arrival flight is tues 5:40pm and departure scoot flight to SG is thurs 8:55pm. any advice how long will i kena jam in the peak hr jam? Lookin to stay in newlane or love lane there... especially departure, whats the good time to leave georgetown for the airport.

2) i plannin to do in the morning half kek lok si/ayer itam food/penang hill.. whats the better sequence in terms of route and timing (weather). Shld i book a half day car service or is grab/uber easy at these places?

3) As for georgetown street art and street food, any good walkthrough anywhere online that we can follow?

4) 23 Lovelane looks really cool.. issit worth a stay? or no need coz we will be out most of the time haha

Thanks in advance 各位大神 *bows*

1) Not much jam. Penang airport very small so 1and half hour enough, another 1hr from your hotel to airport.

2) Kek lok si/ayer itam food/penang hill will take up more than half a day, try to go early. You can use grab or hire a driver, grab car is very cheap.

3) You can go Chew jetty after that, go oppsite, there are many street arts and street foods in that area. You can goggle for actual location.

4) Didn't stay there before.

Your last day morning can go Pulau Tikus Hawker Center, look like 70s-80s sg market.

boon_hou

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) Not much jam. Penang airport very small so 1and half hour enough, another 1hr from your hotel to airport.

2) Kek lok si/ayer itam food/penang hill will take up more than half a day, try to go early. You can use grab or hire a driver, grab car is very cheap.

3) You can go Chew jetty after that, go oppsite, there are many street arts and street foods in that area. You can goggle for actual location.

4) Didn't stay there before.

Your last day morning can go Pulau Tikus Hawker Center, look like 70s-80s sg market.

thanks andrew!

1) so u mean my flight 8:55pm, i leave georgetown ard 6:30pm?

thanks for the tips!! :):):)

Reaction score
HI folks, wanna ask how much to bring for few days trip? Is it safe there as in kena gunned down or kena Rouge polis? Is it better to stay in hotel or guesthouse or hostel? Thinking to go in few months time

Sent from Sony Z4 using GAGT

Parmesean

Reaction score
HI folks, wanna ask how much to bring for few days trip? Is it safe there as in kena gunned down or kena Rouge polis? Is it better to stay in hotel or guesthouse or hostel? Thinking to go in few months time

Sent from Sony Z4 using GAGT

Are you flying into Penang, or driving up from Singapore?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.