How you view the property market now?

andyltw

Reaction score
The funny thing is that foreign buyers esp PRCs (PRs and/or foreigners) purchased most of the units at New Futura at Leonie Hill Road.

From Squarefoot's breakdown, foreigners purchased 30% and PRs 38%. Remaining 32% bought by S'poreans.

At sale prices of between S$ 2,899 - S$ 3,563 PSF, it's quite clear that the people who can afford to buy luxury condominiums are NOT Singaporeans.

Not sure if foreigners are being pushed back by levies...

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is just 1 new project & some ultra rich $foreign$ buyers realise that the levies will not be lifted & bought the units.

Many many many more not-so-rich foreign buyers are not here yet. :o
If not the price of CCR / RCR units would hit
the roof like in HK / Sydney / Vancouver.

Not sure if foreigners are being pushed back by levies...

Justin6699

Reaction score
I understand the people in this forum is either buying/selling their property and I would like check with all on your take of the property market now………

Lately, there are lot of news about enbloc sales and high land tender price, the market seems to be turning a corner after the down trend of the past years. Although I am sure the gov will not relax the cooling measures any time soon especially ABSD and TDSR but is this nascent enthusiasm sustainable to push the prices higher? This is improving sentiment is pushing the fence siting buyer to take the plunge. I have been in the market recently looking around and can sense the increased activities and buyer/seller enthusiasm.

However with the uncertain global economy and security situation plus the certain interest hike which will affect the market sentiment, will it better to hold and wait for awhile until a clearer picture emerge? I am looking for both own stay and investment.

What is the actual situation on the ground?

Thanks.

Property investment is more than just analysis.

You can easily find 10 reasons not to buy and another 10 reasons to buy property.

Look at your post. It was made in June 2017, a perfect time to buy. Sometimes, you have to take a risk. No one can fully predict the market so there's an element of risk.

There is also the risk of totally missing out if you choose to stay out of property. Imagine if your portfolio has no property and ppty rises up another 50%.

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
If possible always get bto from HDB first. Its one's privilege as Singaporean :D The rest, can always talk later :s13:

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In fact many young couples overqualified for new HDB many years ago had no choice but chose private esp freehold /landed as their 1st home. They are big huat now.
So that is a blessing.

If possible always get bto from HDB first. Its one's privilege as Singaporean :D The rest, can always talk later :s13:

Last edited:

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Due to overwhelming response for the last two sessions, PropNex is conducting our signature Consumer Empowerment Seminar again on 17 Mar 2018 (Sat). With the theme, “Knowing the right moves in today’s real estate market”, attendees will get to hear informative market insights from CEO, Mr Ismail Gafoor during this 2-hour session.

Is this the best time to invest in properties?

How have the aggressive land bids and enbloc craze affect the market today?
Where are the hotspots in Singapore?
Which property type is suited for me?
Should I buy, sell or hold my property now?
Session 1: 10am to 12pm
Session 2: 1pm to 3pm
Venue: PropNex Branch Office, Blk 190, Lorong 6 Toa Payoh, #03-512 Spore 310190

With Service You Trust,
PropNex Realty

Last edited:

Clazav

Reaction score

If you think private price is going to shoot up, then buying a private first make more sense. Hdb bto has good capital gain only if you really get a good location with high floor and good view. That itself is not easy, all depend on luck.

ceciltan

Reaction score
Invest in reits for property exposure. Easy 6% yield. A few talking 1-2% gain in property price 2018. Rental yield at max 4% assuming can rent out. Buying physical property so troublesome some more.

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is not that simple.
Leveraging is not usual in stocks but in the properties.
Sure buy both assets like most of us do.
Property multimillionaires >>>>> stock multimillionaires. :o

Invest in reits for property exposure. Easy 6% yield. A few talking 1-2% gain in property price 2018. Rental yield at max 4% assuming can rent out. Buying physical property so troublesome some more.

nats7798

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope it drops... To avg below $1k/psf for private condos lol

by the time this happens, economy should be very very bad

i cant see how developers going to sell new condo back to <$1000 psf days when they bid so much for the land and also paying high for the en bloc

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.