intel wireless-ac 9260

moron+genius

Reaction score
100mbps could be reached even with wireless N. Best to drop ubiquiti an email. 160mhz support depends on software and the complains you see are probably from Americans thanks to their FCC being slow to approve.
I know 100mbps shld b comfortably achieve by wireless AC but not in video streaming 4 my case. The video streams comes in spikes.. when there’s less motion the bit rates are low, say 30-40mbps, but when there’s fast action the stream might spikes beyond 100mbps and video stutter. But when I filecopy getting speed 200~300mbps there’s no issue. It seems the network can’t handle surge well.. so to speak..

I checked ubiquiti specs their HD n Pro all only 80mhz.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
I know 100mbps shld b comfortably achieve by wireless AC but not in video streaming 4 my case. The video streams comes in spikes.. when there’s less motion the bit rates are low, say 30-40mbps, but when there’s fast action the stream might spikes beyond 100mbps and video stutter. But when I filecopy getting speed 200~300mbps there’s no issue. It seems the network can’t handle surge well.. so to speak..

I checked ubiquiti specs their HD n Pro all only 80mhz.
ewetF

Are you using Plex to stream? Maybe Plex not enough power.

https://imgur.com/a/ewetF

moron+genius

Reaction score
ewetF

Are you using Plex to stream? Maybe Plex not enough power.

https://imgur.com/a/ewetF
Wow so ubiquiti HD confirm support 160? It’s wasn’t shown to in the spec list.
Not using plex, just play the file using VLC 3.0 on laptop.
I Stop using plex when I realize it downgrade 4K file 2 1080p when I use it on my lg Tv. After tat I just use the tv native video player n it stream 4K hdr files w/o any problem. But I do like plex UI much nicer.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
I Stop using plex when I realize it downgrade 4K file 2 1080p when I use it on my lg Tv. After tat I just use the tv native video player n it stream 4K hdr files w/o any problem. But I do like plex UI much nicer.

You can adjust Plex quality to direct play manually. Best to ask in ubiquiti forums. Alot of countries have different WiFi standards hopefully they remember about Singapore.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As of today, none of Ubiquiti's APs support 160MHz wide channels.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have the Nano HD, my devices can't connect to the 5GHz radio if I set the 5Ghz radio to broadcast 160MHz wide channel. I have no 160MHz capable clients to test it out fully so nothing conclusive here. It could be working with clients that support 160MHz wide channels.

Also, the feature list (requires beta access) says 160MHz and DFS is work in progress, so it's probably not fully functional yet.

moron+genius

Reaction score
I have the Nano HD, my devices can't connect to the 5GHz radio if I set the 5Ghz radio to broadcast 160MHz wide channel. I have no 160MHz capable clients to test it out fully so nothing conclusive here. It could be working with clients that support 160MHz wide channels.

Also, the feature list (requires beta access) says 160MHz and DFS is work in progress, so it's probably not fully functional yet.
Can I loan ur nano hd to test? 😂
Is ubiquiti user friendly? Need controller? I can managed basic Setup if it’s too advance den will struggle.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.