The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Somewhere along 300-400? The cost is from the lens.. Energize me and eyezen are antifatigue lenses thus cost of them are higher compared to single vision. If pure single vision will be 200? Or lesser!

One more question, what should be the price I should be looking at?
Normal frame will do

Thanks

Mr Brown

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger for my most expensive spectacles ever

Lindberg buffalo horn titanium

But the design and comfort is EXACTLY what I had been looking for all these years.

Lindberg frames shoik right

i nearly buy but $900 for my frame might as well do lasik :s13:

vbhelper

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm in my mid 30s, still worth to do lasik or not since few years down will have long sightedness

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm in my mid 30s, still worth to do lasik or not since few years down will have long sightedness
we same age group. I still not keen to do lasik cos,

its gonna come back again when we reach 40s50s
I still find the whole procedure too risky. Just my personal opinion and I haven't research alot on it but to be honest, I treasure my eyes like my life.
And lastly, I look better with specs. LOL

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went for all pre assessment for lasik but they said degree too low so spend more on glasses haha

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Collected my Lindberg today. Wasn't expecting it to be ready cos supposed to be on Tuesday. Glad they called me before my party tomorrow.

Firstly, even the paper carrier for it looks good!
Us5WPCh.jpg

Then the box also feels damn solid
IJCHNuM.jpg

JbB8IBc.jpg

Opening the box
A1hmOe6.jpg

The black rectangular box is the case. I suspect its made of genuine leather even cos it smells damn nice and feels real good. That stick in the middle is the lens spray by Lindberg. Follow by the frames identity card with serial number.

And lastly, the specs :)
XZTAV5F.jpg

7ZPUCIE.jpg

PZRSxI6.jpg

I know some of you will be thinking, "special meh, looks normal leh. Like ordinary specs"
"my $80 frame looks like that also"

This is probably the first time I tried a specs and fell in love. All my previous specs are like, ok lo no other choice already.
This feels very light, yet sturdy. And the quality can tell. Even from the way they present it in the box can tell the makers don't play around with this.

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know some of you will be thinking, "special meh, looks normal leh. Like ordinary specs"

This is probably the first time I tried a specs and fell in love. All my previous specs are like, ok lo no other choice already.
This feels very light, yet sturdy. And the quality can tell. Even from the way they present it in the box can tell the makers don't play around with this.

Great hoot.

I tried Lindberg when I was at Jamco recently.
The construction, build quality and weight is entire different level. Almost wanted to get 1 after trying.

Probably will get one pair in the future.

Opening the box
A1hmOe6.jpg

Mind telling me, what is the metal rod looking thing in the middle?

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a very silly question to ask.

My astigmatism and shortsightedness is quite high so I can't really see how I look like when I try the frame on.

Thus will it be better if I do an eye test and buy some contact lenses first, before trying on the frames to see how I look?

Or will I get a better deal if I purchase both contacts and a new pair of specs together?

Quite new to adulting so yeah, any advice is highly appreciated.

Wondering how you gotten your previous specs? :D
Or
your eyes deteriorate so much recently :(

But no worries, most shop assistant are helpful. You probably will kiss the mirror while trying mani pairs of specs. You can also ask for shop assistant's opinion. Experienced ones can help you along since they are selling specs for decades. They know their stuffs abt face shape and specs shape one.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Great hoot.

I tried Lindberg when I was at Jamco recently.
The construction, build quality and weight is entire different level. Almost wanted to get 1 after trying.

Probably will get one pair in the future.

Mind telling me, what is the metal rod looking thing in the middle?

Indeed it is. I was very much sold when I tried it on.

That's the lens spray. I don't know why it comes together and I not sure if I will ever use it. Haha

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Collected my Lindberg today. Wasn't expecting it to be ready cos supposed to be on Tuesday. Glad they called me before my party tomorrow.

Firstly, even the paper carrier for it looks good!
Us5WPCh.jpg

Then the box also feels damn solid
IJCHNuM.jpg

JbB8IBc.jpg

Opening the box
A1hmOe6.jpg

The black rectangular box is the case. I suspect its made of genuine leather even cos it smells damn nice and feels real good. That stick in the middle is the lens spray by Lindberg. Follow by the frames identity card with serial number.

And lastly, the specs :)
XZTAV5F.jpg

7ZPUCIE.jpg

PZRSxI6.jpg

Absolutely epic, I love unboxing and presentation. Congratz on your new glasses enjoy them.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Is that model 1818? Cause it looks almost identical to mine lolol.

Congrats on a Horn too. Lindberg really the best frame i tried so far. It really justifies the price if comfort and aesthetic is something you are looking for.

Last edited:

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Congrats on a Horn too. Lindberg really the best frame i tried so far. It really justifies the price if comfort and aesthetic is something you are looking for.

Yup. Its 1818. Haha. Ya lo, it does look common but like you said, the comfort is second to none

greatpoke

Reaction score
Are there shops in Singapore that does coating for chipped off frames ?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3010 using GAGT

dominicwor2

Master Member
Reaction score

initially wanted to copy gangsterkia and prescribe a Horn, but balls shrinked after hearing how much it was :(

but ended up making an acetitanium with gangsterkia which is more within my budget, and have never looked back ever since :) comfort and aesthetic win hands down compared to all my previous specs made :o

dKDDCb7.jpg

nethdale

Reaction score

Hi Gangsterkia, if this frame (Lindberg model 1818) applies on Hoya submit lens (something like this for progressive lens??) it would be easily exceed $1.1K? Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.