Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Assuming we taking the 7pm departure bus from lake kawaguchiko station bus back to Tokyo, before that I'll be taking their local direct bus from gotemba outlet to lake kawaguchiko with ETD: 4.50PM and ETA: 630pm.

Is 30mins before bus departure enuf for any last min delays?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, will be in osaka during 5April to about 14april with my wife . 2nd time in japan . 1st time is at tokyo only.

osaka / nara / kyoto maybe kobe. any kind of pass to suits my need or just using suica normal fare for all my trips ? still dun understand their railway system as so many operator over there .

chirurene

Reaction score
Hi all, will be in osaka during 5April to about 14april with my wife . 2nd time in japan . 1st time is at tokyo only.

osaka / nara / kyoto maybe kobe. any kind of pass to suits my need or just using suica normal fare for all my trips ? still dun understand their railway system as so many operator over there .

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357.html

You should look at Kansai region for your itinerary and calculate how much you need to travel before deciding on a pass.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It's either JR or the rest. The rest are usually referred to as subways. I'm also confused in the past.

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going Osaka/Kyoto/Tokyo
Which area the misono nicer ?
And do I need restaurant reservations ?
Can I ask hotel to book for me

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jusr use suica it’s now works in osaka kyoto region I recall and tokyo goo
So more .easy if u pop by tokyo too

I m using the iphone suica version and it works wonder no need cash and looks for coins

Jusr top up via Apple Pay or via station or 7-11 or Lawson or new day shops

Just say suica chargeto hahahhah

IxrRJH6.jpg

It's either JR or the rest. The rest are usually referred to as subways. I'm also confused in the past.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tjkb230

Master Member
Reaction score
Any tip or points to take note if buy electronics in Japan? Are they eligible for tax rebate?

honeyNsugar

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all , its my first time going kawaguchiko. I was thinking of spending 2d1night at there before heading to hakone+ odawara in the next day. Is it recommended?

Im still deciding to go hakone or not as there seems to be alot of exploring in kawaguchiko.
1) im thinking of going
- chuitero pagoda
- ashino hakkai
-kawaguchiko music forest
-natural living centre
-ropeway
Any other places is gd to visit?
2) is it still worth to take the fuji hakone pass at 8000 yen even if im not going to hakone?
3) is gotemba outlet worth to go ?

Thank you so much

Sent from Kupoooo using GAGT

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any tip or points to take note if buy electronics in Japan? Are they eligible for tax rebate?
Your device's menus, settings etc will be in Japanese and not necessarily have option to change to English.

Also, if your device need to plug into wall socket, it will likely be only 100-110v compatible.

thwysg

Reaction score
both cards , we can take back any remaining value at end of trip?

Only for Pasmo. Suica has a ¥220 admin charge if I didn’t recall wrongly.

https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/suica.html#category06

https://www.pasmo.co.jp/en/use/repayment/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.