Maid's off day what time to come back?

Tedbundy

Reaction score
My newly hired maid said she will go off at 7am and come back at 10pm. Is 10pm consider late to back home? Also, can we check her bag when she go out on sunday her off day?

Last edited:

Taloona

Master Member
Reaction score
What is the rationale for checking her bag? Are you afraid she will take drugs home?

Just put yourself in her shoes as an employee. Do you want to be treated this way?

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10pm consider late. Latest by 8pm.

God knows what they do outside. (I know some maids work as hourly maid during their offday)

Sent from Home using GAGT

randyz

Reaction score
Their off day means they are entitled to full off from 0000 to 2359 however at employer/maid discretion, they can decide on the time to leave and return with mutual agreement, however cannot be forced as it’s their entitlement rights as long hours are within their “off day”.

I was enforced on this by manpower enforcement officer previously (after maid complain). Sigh

fish&chips

Reaction score
Mine used to come back latest 830pm. Usually they will be back 7 plus to 8pm.
Go out since early morning also tired to walk whole day.

Nobody checks their bag one lah...

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wa 7am kinda early. For me it’s fine but she not tired ? Off day still need to wake up so early?
Usually the maids will gather together and bring food and eat. Seldom they will shop whole day. Where got money to shop also.

Reaction score
Wa 7am kinda early. For me it’s fine but she not tired ? Off day still need to wake up so early?
Usually the maids will gather together and bring food and eat. Seldom they will shop whole day. Where got money to shop also.
Scare go find bangla bf lo

Sent from 穷挫矮胖永独 using GAGT

IWantFriends

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
See so many slave drivers here. So little off-time and still want to squeeze the maids :s22:
Granted its a willing employer willing employee situation, but really, would you like to be treated this way?

Sent from my friend using GAGT

smiggleprincess

Reaction score
Mine is from 10am-8pm on sunday, if go sat, then till 9pm

So far, some even come back early like before 7pm.. cos they complained crowded

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too late lah. Don't know she got mix with what type of people outside also. Lucky Government got impose the periodical medical check up. Quite worry when young children under maid care.

My newly hired maid said she will go off at 7am and come back at 10pm. Is 10pm consider late to back home? Also, can we check her bag when she go out on sunday her off day?

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You all pay how much for the maid salary ? Is that need to increase maid salary yearly and give bonus ???

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Up to you to state a reasonable time.

It'll be good to check the handbag of the maid when she's newly hired. You can relax on the checking once you can trust her

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RE

Their off day means they are entitled to full off from 0000 to 2359 however at employer/maid discretion, they can decide on the time to leave and return with mutual agreement, however cannot be forced as it’s their entitlement rights as long hours are within their “off day”.

I was enforced on this by manpower enforcement officer previously (after maid complain). Sigh

So at 0000 hrs you can kick her out of the house and let her roam the street leow. I like that!

:D

Last edited:

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

You all pay how much for the maid salary ? Is that need to increase maid salary yearly and give bonus ???

Now, for new maids, starting salary is near to $600 lah

As for yearly increment and bonus you decide based on her performance lor

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.