When is Mi6 launch?

kenriku

Reaction score
Now is open beta since last week. Just installed 8.1.18 global dev rom. Supposed to fix idle battery drain.

Not sure about idle batt drain but notifications and background apps definitely improved by leaps n bounds. Quite reliable now when in the past some notifications can just not happen.

Apster

Reaction score
Need DIY expert help

Hi Experts,

I have a Mi6 which has intermittent touch issues. As it sometimes works perfectly fine and sometimes just does not respond, I was wondering if it could be a cable/ribbon issue, before deciding to change the entire touch assembly if no other option.

It is an export model so no chance of Xiaomi service. The other service guys just offer to change entire touchscreen, obviously the more profitable option for them.

I was wondering if there is any DIY expert here who would be willing to help me by opening up and checking it out/diagnose before I have to invest 100+ dollars?

Thank you :)

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
e6eE1aIl.png

Wow 448 for a brand new Mi6

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 5 PLUS using GAGT

clay9477

Reaction score
Hi Experts,

I have a Mi6 which has intermittent touch issues. As it sometimes works perfectly fine and sometimes just does not respond, I was wondering if it could be a cable/ribbon issue, before deciding to change the entire touch assembly if no other option.

It is an export model so no chance of Xiaomi service. The other service guys just offer to change entire touchscreen, obviously the more profitable option for them.

I was wondering if there is any DIY expert here who would be willing to help me by opening up and checking it out/diagnose before I have to invest 100+ dollars?

Thank you :)

What Rom are you on and version number? Touch issue sometimes may occur due to bugs not necessarily touchscreen is faulty. For example even until today, when charging, touchscreen can still be cranky.

sk37

Reaction score
i read from mi website the spec for dual sim secondary sim only support calling only. So can both sim receive sms? anyone using mi 6 can verify?

kenriku

Reaction score
i read from mi website the spec for dual sim secondary sim only support calling only. So can both sim receive sms? anyone using mi 6 can verify?

Second SIM supports calls and SMS no issues.
There's setting for you to choose which SIM as primary for calls and which for data.

redname

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

only diff tht i knw is only 1 card can support LTE, the other support up to 3G, the rest is same

jeff79

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just updated miui 10 global beta 8.6.28 OTA.

Noticeable faster opening of xiaomi default apps and home screen animation.

jeff79

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Camera totally same as before. :( Seem like only the home screen and pull down notification panel changed. :(:(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.