Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 slates official thread...

grover03

Reaction score
Any good shop to change to new battery? My battery drain is so bad even after reformatting the tablet. Thanks!

Sent from HUAWEI MHA-L29 using GAGT

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
5Bk8pvZl.jpg

Challenger at tb plz.. WiFi version @ $498

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

funny that some online sellers are selling more than 498..

Ray1976

Reaction score
That is the issue for Samsung devices...the updates are far and between. Too slow imo but the irony is, Samsung is the pioneer when it comes to hardware and feature innovations...The BEST thing for Samsung happen when Samsung decides to stick with vanilla Android interface w/o all their bloatwares....perhaps with the exception of the successful Note series apps.

More of than not, the lengthy period of wait for Android updates is NOT because Google is not allowing Samsung or other Android manufacturers to update to the latest firmware - say OREO but rather the implications and stability issues when merging with the 3rd party manufacturer's very own launcher and apps like say Xiaomi launcher, Huawei EMUI or Samsung own launcher.

tpmmark

Reaction score
Hi does anyone knows how to differentiate the newer model T719 to older one? I’m getting a set online from a seller so need to make sure I’m getting the new one.

dplabs

Reaction score
S2 unable to boot.

My 9.7" S2 unable to boot.
Samsung service center says most likely board issue and not battery.
Anyone has a repair shop to recommend?

Gaghiel

Reaction score
Hi does anyone knows how to differentiate the newer model T719 to older one? I’m getting a set online from a seller so need to make sure I’m getting the new one.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_s2_8_0-7439.php

Jazzbie

Reaction score
I like the size, good for reading books.

However, buying 2015 device in 2018 is not worth it?

Price already depreciated as such. Still bang for bucks for an Android tablet. If buy just to read books, probably not worth it though.

bobaccord

Reaction score
I bought the gear iconx but I can't pair with my 9.7 tab S2. It can pair with my Note 8.

You can't even install samsung gear app because it is not shown on the tab s2.

Anyone has this experience?

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for the Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 inch... sadly I think it's EOL for this tablet and Samsung shows no sign of renewing it... there's nothing in this space that comes close to this model... and for that matter even the Tab S2 9.7 inch is better than the Tab S3 9.7 inch... the S3 is just too thick for a premium tablet, stylus not withstanding...

bobaccord

Reaction score
I'm looking for the Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 inch... sadly I think it's EOL for this tablet and Samsung shows no sign of renewing it... there's nothing in this space that comes close to this model... and for that matter even the Tab S2 9.7 inch is better than the Tab S3 9.7 inch... the S3 is just too thick for a premium tablet, stylus not withstanding...
Courts Singapore online still selling.. sgd598.00

https://www.courts.com.sg/samsung-sm-t719yzwexsp-white-galaxy-tab-s2-2016-4g-8in-octa-core-1-8ghz-32gb-3gb-ip112030

ecneret_eel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm still using my S2 2015.. last damn long damn worth it, use it daily man
only thing is updates are few and rare lol

Sent from Samsung SM-T715Y using GAGT

Last edited:

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm still using my S2 2015.. last damn long damn worth it, use it daily man
only thing is updates are few and rare lol

Sent from Samsung SM-T715Y using GAGT

But it's still fast and smooth right? 3 years is pretty good return... I am still using the Sony Xperia Tablet Z bought in 2014... very light use of course...

Frozencloud

Reaction score
Courts Singapore online still selling.. sgd598.00

https://www.courts.com.sg/samsung-sm-t719yzwexsp-white-galaxy-tab-s2-2016-4g-8in-octa-core-1-8ghz-32gb-3gb-ip112030

600 for a 2016`s model is still quite costly.. is there any cheaper alternative?

bobaccord

Reaction score
600 for a 2016`s model is still quite costly.. is there any cheaper alternative?
Cheaper alternative will be to get other brands like Hua Wei m3 lite or Lenovo tab 4 plus.. both around 495.. both IPS LCD screen.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.