Official MIO TV Thread.......

Cyberboy128

Reaction score
Presently I have Singtel fiber. (my plan allows me to use own router without VLAN)

I have signed up for MIOTV and salesperson told me that their set top box will connect directly to port 2 of the same ONT. This setup does not require their router or any VLAN.

Anyone on this setup?

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s common for singtel tv to be provisioned at ONT, specifically for those who has unlimited fibre and yet requires a singtel tv, or for those whose router is at a different location.

Where the singtel tv is provisioned at, it doesn’t matter as performance will not be affected.

Presently I have Singtel fiber. (my plan allows me to use own router without VLAN)

I have signed up for MIOTV and salesperson told me that their set top box will connect directly to port 2 of the same ONT. This setup does not require their router or any VLAN.

Anyone on this setup?

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still lagging after tried the below.

Wall fibre point ->ONT -> Router (ASUS) -> Mio TV box

Switch off all power and waited 10 minutes than switch back on the power , still lagging.

Wall fibre point -> ONT -> Router (Singtel original) -> Mio TV box

Switch off all power and waited 10 minutes than switch back on the power, still lagging.

Any ideas why when lagging than change channel than switch back same channel , the lagging will temporary go away but sometime after 30 minutes or an hour the lagging may comes back... this is especially happening to free channels...those subscribe channel not so much lagging...

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reset set TOP box and see if your cable for set TOP box is faulty?

Still lagging after tried the below.

Wall fibre point ->ONT -> Router (ASUS) -> Mio TV box

Switch off all power and waited 10 minutes than switch back on the power , still lagging.

Wall fibre point -> ONT -> Router (Singtel original) -> Mio TV box

Switch off all power and waited 10 minutes than switch back on the power, still lagging.

Any ideas why when lagging than change channel than switch back same channel , the lagging will temporary go away but sometime after 30 minutes or an hour the lagging may comes back... this is especially happening to free channels...those subscribe channel not so much lagging...

oliverlim

Reaction score
Running MioTV on fibre with other internet providers

Hi,

I am currently with viewqwest for my internet. I was on MioTV with ADSL on phoneline. However, they are in the process of terminating their ADSL service. They are suggesting i migrate to the miotv with fibre. However, they need to run a ethernet trunking from my raiser to my living room where the miotv box is located. I would prefer to use my existing ethernet port/cables but they are currentyly being used to link all points to my viewqwest router/switch/modem at the raiser. Is there a way for me to connect the singtel router/model to my viewquest box and then the miotv box to the switch where the living room is connected to my viewqwest router/model/switch.

Is the vlan a issue?

Is anyone doing this now?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SingTel tv cannot run on viewqwest network.

So if you migrate to fibre for singtel tv only, SingTel will only give you the ont where port 1 is activated for singtel TV set TOP box. There won’t be a wireless router..

Hi,

I am currently with viewqwest for my internet. I was on MioTV with ADSL on phoneline. However, they are in the process of terminating their ADSL service. They are suggesting i migrate to the miotv with fibre. However, they need to run a ethernet trunking from my raiser to my living room where the miotv box is located. I would prefer to use my existing ethernet port/cables but they are currentyly being used to link all points to my viewqwest router/switch/modem at the raiser. Is there a way for me to connect the singtel router/model to my viewquest box and then the miotv box to the switch where the living room is connected to my viewqwest router/model/switch.

Is the vlan a issue?

Is anyone doing this now?

oliverlim

Reaction score
if you intend to use the pace router after the ONT, then the switch can be placed in any lan port, nothing will matter.

it gets complicated when you intend to replace the pace with an asus router, in which you will need to carefully select which port is for singtel tv and which is for internet.

however, if you intend to get a smart switch, then the smart switch can be connected to any of the LAN port of asus with internet, which not using the ports for singtel tv. a smart switch must be able to handle VLAN and that priority and tagging should be supported.

I strongly encourage you not to go into the smart switch set up, because it will be very confusing as settings such as IGMP snopping, tags and all these will come into place which an average consumer will not know how to setup.

IS there any faq or tips to using a smart switch so that i can have anther providor internet access plus miotv on fibre on the same ethernet cable?

zendenfrost21

Reaction score
MIO TV / ASUS Router

Hi,

I want to change to ST Fibre and TV. but currently i m using AC5300 Router
so how do i continue to be able to use the router so which is better way

1) ONT--Singtel Router---MIO TV set up box and ASUS Router

or
2) ONT---ASUS Router -----MIO TV Set up Box

if i use Option 2) I read a few of them post that ASUS Router sometimes don't Sync very well with MIO TV Setup box which cause problems

but if i were to use Option 1) It means converting a AC5300 Router to AP Mode. Will my Wireless Speed be affected and my PC is connect to my router via ethernet cable so now with this option should the ethernet cable be connected to ST Router or it can be through the ASUS Router.

tae_o

Reaction score
Singtel TV Promo Package if any

I used to be on MioTV but cancelled my subscription after years of frustration on ADSL. However, I plan to sign up again as I can no longer tahan the frustration of not watching EPL. May I ask what's the best promo sign up package for Jingxuan value pack - e.g. free months, additional console etc if any? I know during recontract, the retention department will make offers, but how about new sign ups? Any advice/info would be appreciated. I plan to resubscribe in June/July when I move to my new place.

Apex

Reaction score
IS there any faq or tips to using a smart switch so that i can have anther providor internet access plus miotv on fibre on the same ethernet cable?

Can be done but need to be a network expert on VLAN and expansive switch (maybe some smart switch can configure)

but from network theory this is possible. Otherwise how singtel transit both Internet, Call and internet VLAN to you via one fiber cable.

So far I only manage to configure 2 ISP into one network cable. I didn't manage to get

2 ISP + MIO TV to work on 1 network cable via TP link smart switch. Was told older version of TP link smart switch don't mIO TV

elimmel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the clock display on the STB going bonkers? Reset will be fine for a while but will get stuck at a random time later on.
This is the 3rd STB after 2 faulty ones.
Can get ST to send a replacement foc?
Or have to waste time to go 313 change again?

it_geek

Master Member
Reaction score

Anyone on this setup?

Yours ST Unlimited Fiber right.

I also the same here. But I managed to hack my setup in such a way that I can use both the Singtel router and my Netgear router at the same time, uncompromised. And BOTH services work at the same time despite using seperate provisioning.

I will admit that you would need to do A LOT of thinking to get it to work. No need for an expensive solution. I did mine for free.

Don't know why so many userz complaining cannot do both at the same time.

Disadvantage is I cannot use IPV6, cos Singtel TV alone cannot transport over IPv6 and will screw up.

Last year I posted the answer to this solution which allowed both setups to work. But shortly later the post kenna taken down so I can't say anymore.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows what is this Red Cross with a '8' means? I switched on my mio TV set top box and it shows a loading gear icon, then after that show this cross 8 icon..

X5banZU.jpg

I'm using the silver Motorola set top box.

Last edited:

it_geek

Master Member
Reaction score
looks like a firmware issue.

Go to 313 and swop out FOC. Make sure you remember to give the remote also

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows what is this Red Cross with a '8' means? I switched on my mio TV set top box and it shows a loading gear icon, then after that show this cross 8 icon..

X5banZU.jpg

I'm using the silver Motorola set top box.

How do I inform Singtel if I want to swop the set top box?

might be firmware corruption. have you tried to reset it? you can keep pressing and holding down the button button a few times and it should appear with a gear icon again and a loading bar, this initiates a firmware re-download..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.