The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi! Yes it will surely exceed that amount. The frame itself Cost around 2k(before discount) . But discount varies at different shop.
The lens submit depending on your power starts from 350 onwards(before discount too). So at least 2k is your expected figure.
Correct me if I am wrong!

If you feel the horn is on the higher side , you can still use the second next option which is the acetanium design. It looks like a horn just that the frame front is made with acetate instead of the buffalo horn. Weight and comfort is there only difference is appearance. Horn over time will age and thus will have those woody/grainy appearance depending on how you handle it. Lindberg also have other series apart from horn and acetanium. They are all really comfortable e.g. Rim series, N.O.W series, their frameless air titanium series.

Hi Gangsterkia, if this frame (Lindberg model 1818) applies on Hoya submit lens (something like this for progressive lens??) it would be easily exceed $1.1K? Thanks.

Last edited:

villan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
initially wanted to copy gangsterkia and prescribe a Horn, but balls shrinked after hearing how much it was :(

but ended up making an acetitanium with gangsterkia which is more within my budget, and have never looked back ever since :) comfort and aesthetic win hands down compared to all my previous specs made :o

dKDDCb7.jpg

nice. how much does the frame cost?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Ag3T9Td.jpg

The TOP is the Rim series whereby it's really flexible, light and comfortable. Colour can be customized and I chose that teal-ish Colour.

The lower is of course the horn series that you seen from user mikeyyy. Just that the Colour is different. Horn frame even though we can choose same model and even same colour scheme/code but the finished product, the Two frames will still look different as it's a natural material thus it cannot be replicated thus no Two horns will look the same.

Pardon my lousy camera haha

nethdale

Reaction score
Hi! Yes it will surely exceed that amount. The frame itself Cost around 2k(before discount) . But discount varies at different shop.
The lens submit depending on your power starts from 350 onwards(before discount too). So at least 2k is your expected figure.
Correct me if I am wrong!

If you feel the horn is on the higher side , you can still use the second next option which is the acetanium design. It looks like a horn just that the frame front is made with acetate instead of the buffalo horn. Weight and comfort is there only difference is appearance. Horn over time will age and thus will have those woody/grainy appearance depending on how you handle it. Lindberg also have other series apart from horn and acetanium. They are all really comfortable e.g. Rim series, N.O.W series, their frameless air titanium series.

Hi, between Lindberg and Mykita, which is value for money as I need to go for lightweight frame. Thanks.

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
This is a very hard choice as both of them prices are pretty similar just that Lindberg is about 1-200 more expensive if you compare the acetanium series. Imho I will go with Lindberg for aesthetic appearance as the acetanium series looks better in my opinion. But you still have to see the mykita designs as some still prefer mykita.
My choice is Lindberg after wearing both before haha...

Hi, between Lindberg and Mykita, which is value for money as I need to go for lightweight frame. Thanks.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ag3T9Td.jpg

The TOP is the Rim series whereby it's really flexible, light and comfortable. Colour can be customized and I chose that teal-ish Colour.

The lower is of course the horn series that you seen from user mikeyyy. Just that the Colour is different. Horn frame even though we can choose same model and even same colour scheme/code but the finished product, the Two frames will still look different as it's a natural material thus it cannot be replicated thus no Two horns will look the same.

Pardon my lousy camera haha

Both pairs are yours? Nice! The rim series is damn comfy too!

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
initially wanted to copy gangsterkia and prescribe a Horn, but balls shrinked after hearing how much it was :(

but ended up making an acetitanium with gangsterkia which is more within my budget, and have never looked back ever since :) comfort and aesthetic win hands down compared to all my previous specs made :o

dKDDCb7.jpg

Good choice! Very worth the price I'd say.

I'd had go with this choice too if its slightly bigger. Sadly its still too narrow for me and only the horn is wide enough. The salesperson told me, of cos they do wider for horn cos no point let the rest of the rare material go to waste. Haha

Alcohol8

Reaction score
Good choice! Very worth the price I'd say.

I'd had go with this choice too if its slightly bigger. Sadly its still too narrow for me and only the horn is wide enough. The salesperson told me, of cos they do wider for horn cos no point let the rest of the rare material go to waste. Haha

Actually I think part of the reason is due to the horn series, the temple is glue on the side of the frame. For the acetanium series, the temple is inserted into the middle part of the edge of the frame. So if they have exactly same design and size, the horn will be about 4mm wider then the acetanium.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Agreed by now its just about which dealer, which shape, what colors lol. Whats the warranty for lindberg?

IIRC 3 years warranty ON frame defects. But they are really nice as i have customers that sat on it and break but lindberg replace FOC, so its pretty case by case basis.

Going to the lindberg website, u can see their singapore dealers. But more popular ones you can see or from our users here is e.g. JAMCO optical. Shape all they have a Horn catalog to look at. If no stock, then u can order it which will take about 3weeks-2months(depending on peak period or not).

Kensuke11

Reaction score
Anyone using acoustic line frame? How’s the quality? Or is it better to get yellow plus and oliver people?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of AL. It's light and comfortable, quality is also fine but I prefer yellow plus and Oliver people design though I don't have the other 2.. its a pretty affordable frame with nice designs and shapes.

Anyone using acoustic line frame? How’s the quality? Or is it better to get yellow plus and oliver people?

Kensuke11

Reaction score
I have a pair of AL. It's light and comfortable, quality is also fine but I prefer yellow plus and Oliver people design though I don't have the other 2.. its a pretty affordable frame with nice designs and shapes.

Do you carry all 3 brands?

flow91

Reaction score
I went to a few shops to check out the price for crizal eyezen lens (1.67) and they quote me differently. Are there like different types of lens?

Some quote me a range from $140+ to $270+ and some straight show me the booklet quoting $350.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Not possible for 1.67 eyezen to be 140 to even 250. Must be different index or different lens...

I went to a few shops to check out the price for crizal eyezen lens (1.67) and they quote me differently. Are there like different types of lens?

Some quote me a range from $140+ to $270+ and some straight show me the booklet quoting $350.

rapcon

Reaction score

The quote comes with frame? What is index you are asking?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.